Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: You can't "Kill Goblins" inside your barracks, Urist McSworddwarf!  (Read 1166 times)

sybrid

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

So, I've got a mild goblin infestation.  They spawned as part of an ambush on the outpost liaison, so hey, I tell my squads to go out and kill.

After watching the goblins hunt the liaison for five or so minutes, I get a little confused - where are the dwarves?  I check the unit screen, and I can see these guys have "kill goblins" as their task, so I go looking for them.

They're all standing in the barracks, doing nothing, but with the "kill goblins" task.

Well, time passes and the liaison manages to get into the fort despite being hunted the entire time.  The goblins are now standing less than eight tiles away from where my squads all are, and the squads STILL aren't willing to leave their barracks.  I'm not sure what they're waiting on, as they have in the past gone out during attacks, including a siege, to murder everything green, so I'm not sure why this time they don't seem to get they have to leave the barracks to murder.

Any advice?

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
Re: You can't "Kill Goblins" inside your barracks, Urist McSworddwarf!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 03:29:28 pm »

Turn burrows off?
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

sybrid

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 03:31:47 pm »

I don't actually have them set up.

It looks like, although I'm going to lose a few dwarves, things are going to work out.  The caravan guards at the trade depot are apparently willing to do what my own dwarves are not.

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 03:37:28 pm »

Military is buggy.  'nuf said.
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 03:40:18 pm »

Tell them to move instead.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Mordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 03:41:19 pm »

This, much more reliable. 
This Forgotten Beast was delicious!

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 12:36:52 pm »

This, much more reliable.

this always
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 03:08:10 pm »

The 'k'ill order means "Write a dissertation about how best to stalk and decorticate the enemy.  Even if it's already dead."

tieme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 04:44:49 pm »

I find this strange.  On one occasion I had dwarves who I ordered to move just stand there but kill gets them moving.  I've even ordered them to kill wild animals just to get them on the surface...
Toady Standard Time has no fixed relationship to UTC.