Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Merchandise  (Read 19833 times)

WagglyCocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress Merchandise
« on: May 15, 2010, 05:38:37 pm »

Does anyone know where can I buy Dwarf Fortress shirts, coffee mugs, etc. I can't find anything on this site. Perhaps there is a Cafe Press store?

I'd also be interested in unofficial merchandise, if anyone has any, but I came here specifically looking to support the developer.
Sorry,
If I'm on internet forums I'm probably drunk.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Merchandise
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 06:05:17 pm »

Don't think there is any official merchandise.  The webcomic 3 Panel Soul has some stuff they did related to their DF themed comics, but I don't think that is really related to Toady One in any way.

There is the ability to just donate, and you can choose to receive a short part of a story emailed to you with a DF theme or a crayon art reward.

I mostly get the email stories myself, and if you donate multiple times you get continuations of the story.  but I made sure I got 1 crayon art reward so I have something to hang on my wall and become a multi-million dollar collectors item come DF 1.0

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 07:15:35 pm »

Your username is creative.

WagglyCocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 08:31:01 pm »

Don't think there is any official merchandise.  The webcomic 3 Panel Soul has some stuff they did related to their DF themed comics, but I don't think that is really related to Toady One in any way.

Thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for. It's too bad there's seemingly no effort to monetize Dwarf Fortress by the author.

http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=3PS-DORF&Category_Code=3PS
Sorry,

VDOgamez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 08:49:30 pm »

We need dwarf action figures with swords and axes, and detachable body parts! And maybe a carp for good measure. :D Imagining that made me very happy.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 09:14:26 pm »

If I recall there was some thought in these lines in the past.  I only glanced through the thread, but I believe the general consensus was something along the lines of DF's fanbase being to small to make enough money to offset the costs.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Kazang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 05:32:47 am »

If I recall there was some thought in these lines in the past.  I only glanced through the thread, but I believe the general consensus was something along the lines of DF's fanbase being to small to make enough money to offset the costs.

What?
You can get custom t-shirts, mugs, etc printed for super cheap. Setting up mini shop is also stupid easy, there are even sites you can host shops on for free.

Anyway. A t-shirt or mug with a with the DF Dwarf on would be all kinds of awesome.

Also with some google-fu I turned up this non-copyright infringing stuff.  Which are a bit meh, but not bad.  I could do better, in fact I probably will.

WagglyCocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 04:58:51 pm »

I did find this post from Toady One from two years ago. Does anyone know of further discussion on this point since then?

If anyone's taking suggestions, I want a polo shirt with a little "☺" on the breast.
Sorry,

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 05:36:00 pm »

I remember a similar thread from some long time ago that had a bunch of concept for DF t-shirts, some of which were pretty amusing. It never got to any shirts though. The concensus there, if I recall correctely, was that Toady One has no interest in monetizing DF in any other way than donations.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 10:42:36 pm »

Someone had a sweet hoodie that was the base of a mountain, with walls and ramps and the occasional squigglies you see in underground space.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 12:09:06 am »

I've seen a blue shirt that read "This shirt is only blue when I'm thinking about dwarves"

I want it.
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

SpartanSnip3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 04:27:41 am »

Someone had a sweet hoodie that was the base of a mountain, with walls and ramps and the occasional squigglies you see in underground space.

Hmmm... any more info on this? Sounds awesome.

Arkbrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 06:33:08 am »

We need dwarf action figures with swords and axes, and detachable body parts! And maybe a carp for good measure. :D Imagining that made me very happy.

Hmm, I have a bunch of unassembled Warhammer Dwarf miniatures...

Slaves to Armok: God of Blood: Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress: Tabletop Strategy Battle Game

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 06:55:35 am »

Hmmm... any more info on this? Sounds awesome.

The original post:

i love the idea of the insider tshirt company.

i don't have any time right now to streamline any kind of workflow.  I'll make some of the really cool ideas happen. the less colors the better.

here's what inspired it all.  this hoodie idea is impossible, with all the terrain wrapped around the hood and all.

6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 08:05:34 am »

These are all pretty excellent. I need something like this.
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.
Pages: [1] 2