Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 54

Author Topic: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility v.1.9  (Read 433122 times)

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility v.1.6
« Reply #495 on: March 03, 2012, 12:33:34 pm »

Why is the sea on the right side suddenly look like that?

I want it to look like water, not some muddy landscape thing. >:(

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 03, 2012, 03:29:59 pm »

Re-genning won't work. Some of the oceans have to be evil.

He might be able to manipulate the world-gen settings so there's a bunch of sea-zones in PW, and then re-gen until only the little ones he can't see are evil, but that may be overkill.

Nick

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 04, 2012, 05:57:24 pm »

What do you mean HAVE to be evil?

A mod which allows me to make my own custom world from scratch should have the option to choose so. Is it just a technical thing that can't be changed or something?

Crioca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 04, 2012, 09:28:34 pm »

It doesn't have to be evil, but you've specified in your parameters a minimum number of evil regions / tiles, if you want you can drop the number of evil tiles or alternatively you can change the mineral scarcity to alter the distribution of good / evil & savage / peaceful

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 04, 2012, 10:49:18 pm »

A mod which allows me to make my own custom world from scratch should have the option to choose so. Is it just a technical thing that can't be changed or something?
I mean that the game is designed to have a certain proportion of the map be evil/good/neutral. Which means if you have three oceans one will be red.

I'm not sure that particular proportion is moddable. It may not be -- quite a few people have  had trouble getting playable maps on PW because they didn't include enough mountain ranges for one to be neutral-aligned and non-savage, so no dwarf civs could be placed, and the advice from the guy who made the program wasn't "change setting x so they'
re all neutral," it was "make more mountain biomes."

But if it is you'll have to go back into perfectworld. On the first page there's an option about the size of evil biomes, which seems like a promising place to start

Nick

Nice Save

• Bay Watcher
  • Suddenly:
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 05, 2012, 02:48:48 am »

Try setting "minimum evil squares in large regions" (or something like that) to 0. I think the tooltip mentions this.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 05, 2012, 09:20:15 am »

You can stop this. The reason you always get this with the default settings is that 'large' regions are actually very uncommon, and almost always end up being the ocean. If you set the evil or good 'large' region count to even 1 tile, it's almost always going to be an ocean. What I do is set the large region counts to zero, and then pump up the medium region counts to a much higher number. I feel this gives a much better balance and variety of regions.

EDIT: Yes, in the example screenshot you can see that your only large regions are the two oceans. Since the tile counts for large regions for good and evil are both above zero, you have exactly one good ocean and one evil ocean, and zero neutral oceans. :)

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 09:27:30 am by cephalo »
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Ghizz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 06, 2012, 07:32:45 am »

Hey, newbie here.

Is it possible to create a fairly newbie-friendly zone with iron/coal? No idea how to work this utility, but would be awesome to use it!

I haven't really explored military/forges stuff and really want to get into it but wish i had a nice region to play with :d

Thanks!

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 06, 2012, 09:23:50 am »

Hey, newbie here.

Is it possible to create a fairly newbie-friendly zone with iron/coal? No idea how to work this utility, but would be awesome to use it!

I haven't really explored military/forges stuff and really want to get into it but wish i had a nice region to play with :d

Thanks!

I would say that the key parameter you're interested in would be the MINERAL_SCARCITY tag. Set this to a low number. I always imagine dwarves as insanely rich miners so I always use a low number, and usually you have everything you need. Flux can be more complex however.

My latest forts:

Captain Crazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 10, 2012, 05:12:51 pm »

Apologies for the bump, but my world will not generate. It just keeps generating dozens of worlds a second when I select the params I made in the program rather than making the pretty world I desire. I'm running the newest DF'12 and I'm using the updated xml, but no success even when following the manual.

EDIT: Enabled the logging, turns out I forgot to make any of my map mountainous. It's generating now!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 06:32:10 pm by Captain Crazy »
I usually think of Armok as the pure essence of FUCK YOU!

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 10, 2012, 07:10:38 pm »

Hi Cephalo,

Just congratulating you on creating such a beautiful script/program. I still use your mapscripts for FFH2 and it's an absolute pleasure to the get the opportunity to use your work once again. Please let me know if I can contribute some time- perhaps via testing. I owe you that much at least!

Seems like there are a lot of the old FFH community here at bay12 as well :-) and we've been here for a while too! Can't believe I never noticed....

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 12, 2012, 12:01:42 am »

Apologies for the bump, but my world will not generate. It just keeps generating dozens of worlds a second when I select the params I made in the program rather than making the pretty world I desire. I'm running the newest DF'12 and I'm using the updated xml, but no success even when following the manual.

EDIT: Enabled the logging, turns out I forgot to make any of my map mountainous. It's generating now!

Glad you figured it out. Yeah, map rejections don't usually happen with PWDF, especially since most of the rejection criteria is turned off. The logging is very helpful with finding those few problems with a map. Since you're using static data, they will usually reject forever if they reject at all.

Hi Cephalo,

Just congratulating you on creating such a beautiful script/program. I still use your mapscripts for FFH2 and it's an absolute pleasure to the get the opportunity to use your work once again. Please let me know if I can contribute some time- perhaps via testing. I owe you that much at least!

Seems like there are a lot of the old FFH community here at bay12 as well :-) and we've been here for a while too! Can't believe I never noticed....

Thanks for the nice compliments Blakemane.

My latest forts:

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 19, 2012, 06:09:07 am »

Just wanted to say thanks again, its been awhile since i've got a chance to use this but its 100x better then the earlier versions =) its also able to make some amazingly cool maps P
I voted for BANANA!

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility v.1.5
« Reply #509 on: March 24, 2012, 09:45:36 am »

As for the bug, dang it never happens to me so I haven't been able to fix it. It should be impossible to get such an error... but obviously it is possible.  ::)

oh just a minor update, I too get this error... might be a bug in .net itself... (wouldn't be the first time) drawing on the map almost always causes it, its rare I can get away with more then a few clicks.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

****UPDATE*****

I did some further testing. I moved the program to a shorter path (C:\games) and I used the brush without resizing the window. <<<< Newp still got a crash after changing the brush size to 0.000 trying to erase edits.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 10:28:24 am by runlvlzero »
I voted for BANANA!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 54