Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 54

Author Topic: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility v.1.9  (Read 432620 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility v.1.6
« Reply #555 on: March 29, 2013, 11:02:32 am »

Just uploaded a Middle Earth parameter set I made a few months ago on DFFD.

Picture here.

Thanks for the great tool!  :)

Just what I need. Amazing.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 02, 2013, 04:00:33 pm »

Been a while since playing DF and just getting interested again.

Is it possible to load a biome / land-type map into PW?

I can't remember if this is possible. Tried searching and couldn't find any posts about it.

I found this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is not possible out of the box, but someone earlier posted an idea of importing maps as altitude maps, and then copying the text output into the other maps like rainfall etc. In your case, it sounds like too much work. You would have to convert that data to grey scale for each map you wanted to alter.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

ZeroMcUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 07, 2013, 12:53:32 pm »

So i happen to be in the process of making a DF map of the Moon, as if it were terraformed. I have the heightmap and everything, but, in the resize, to maintain its aspect ratio, it would be 257 by 129. stretching it out makes it look ugly, so my first though would be to put some filler northern and southern oceans of a sort. However, I feel that would look silly. Has anyone here encountered a similar problem? (If so, what did you do)

Also, once i finish this thing, anyone interested in me uploading it or something?

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 17, 2013, 08:57:31 am »

So i happen to be in the process of making a DF map of the Moon, as if it were terraformed. I have the heightmap and everything, but, in the resize, to maintain its aspect ratio, it would be 257 by 129. stretching it out makes it look ugly, so my first though would be to put some filler northern and southern oceans of a sort. However, I feel that would look silly. Has anyone here encountered a similar problem? (If so, what did you do)

Also, once i finish this thing, anyone interested in me uploading it or something?

Hmm, you should be able to import a 257x129 map without stretching if you set the size before you import. Is that not the case?

My latest forts:

thepaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 18, 2013, 10:48:46 am »

All my maps are generating a single tile of ocean along the top and right sides. Is there any way I can fix that?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 18, 2013, 12:57:14 pm »

There's a setting somewhere weather a map is an island or not.

thepaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 19, 2013, 09:55:24 am »

That worked; thanks.

Under the Map Parameters tab, under the Map Generation Parameters tab, at the bottom there is a field called Min. Complete Ocean Edges. It was set to 4. I changed it to 0 and now the water bar seems to be gone.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 06, 2013, 06:06:32 pm »

Jeez, I hope I'm not necro'ing this too bad...

I am literally unable to create flux in any world that I create using the perfect world creator, despite whatever settings I use.

I've even gone as far as setting "Percent Below Igneous Extrusive Threshold" to 97%, but I can't get more than a speck of the map to produce flux stone. (Yes, I've used the site finder).

Am I doing something wrong? I've searched the thread, but aside from the volcano "how-to" I can't find anything that really relates to this problem.  If someone could explain what to do, I'd be eternally grateful.

EDIT: Okay, yeah, never mind, fuck me.  I set mineral scarcity to 195 instead of 1950; when you have it set really low, flux becomes nearly non-existent on the map.  That was why I couldn't find any flux.  Disregard this post, sorry for the necro.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 09:12:01 pm by evictedSaint »

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 08, 2013, 08:43:44 am »

Heh, don't worry about the necro. This tool still works. I'll try to have it working for next DF release as well.

My latest forts:

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 07, 2013, 12:30:21 pm »

An answer to the flux question. The site finder doesn't always display flux at an embark site. i don't know If your talking about a 3rd party program or the in game one though...

Now my question, I usually play on frequent or everywhere mineral deposit settings. Is there a way to control the amount of minerals that are creating using PW?

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 10, 2013, 11:31:03 pm »

As far as I can tell, no. Not within PerfectWorld, which was written before mineral scarcity was variable.

You may be able to build your perfect map, load the settings into DF, and then before you use DF to generate the actual world you edit the mineral scarcity. But I haven't tried this so I can't tell you whether it works.

Really this post is mostly a bump so somebody who does know this can comment.

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 19, 2013, 03:00:37 pm »

I would open the file in notepad to do the editing, since I'm not sure if DF would alter the changes that PF makes.
I've played a guitar with my penis.

vcordie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 21, 2013, 03:53:11 pm »

Howdy. So i'm attempting to make the perfect embark map (for use with masterwork), you know. low volcanos next to a river with deep metals shallow metals etc in a 3x3 with trees. Basically the best you could get (im looking to get the Tales of Dusketh map, basically). I've been able to get everything but the volcanos to be actually LOW. altitude wise. I can get them relatively close to rivers (unfortantely not in 3x3 but close enough) but they're always extreme cliffs. How can I get them to not bulge out much? I've been experimenting with different cusp settings but the visual part of perfectworld doesn't work for me so all I see is an orange or black square where the cusp map is supposed to be. What does cusp do, and how can I use it to lower the amount volcanos budge out so that they're not sheer cliffs, but platued hills.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 26, 2013, 02:34:39 pm »

Howdy. So i'm attempting to make the perfect embark map (for use with masterwork), you know. low volcanos next to a river with deep metals shallow metals etc in a 3x3 with trees. Basically the best you could get (im looking to get the Tales of Dusketh map, basically). I've been able to get everything but the volcanos to be actually LOW. altitude wise. I can get them relatively close to rivers (unfortantely not in 3x3 but close enough) but they're always extreme cliffs. How can I get them to not bulge out much? I've been experimenting with different cusp settings but the visual part of perfectworld doesn't work for me so all I see is an orange or black square where the cusp map is supposed to be. What does cusp do, and how can I use it to lower the amount volcanos budge out so that they're not sheer cliffs, but platued hills.

Make sure to press the 'Generate' button to generate a cusp map based on your elevation map. If it is just an orange square it's because you have no elevation data.

My latest forts:

milaga

• Bay Watcher
  • No Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 28, 2013, 10:06:15 am »

Good to see you are still making better worlds. All of them, better worlds.

Can't wait to try this on DF, PerfectWorld was a requirement to playing in FfH.
Thanks for that...  now I have the image of Urist McBooger walking up to me with a creepy smile and asking me if I want a "dwarven shower".
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 54