Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 54

Author Topic: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility v.1.9  (Read 432560 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility v.1.7
« Reply #600 on: July 16, 2014, 08:13:11 pm »

Any idea when this will be up for the new release? and will this current version work for the new update of Dwarf Fortress? Or will it go wrong somehow?

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 16, 2014, 09:24:13 pm »

XD  I am dieing to play the new dwarf fortress but  I need to build the world and get all the proper programs and mods and such!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 17, 2014, 12:14:04 am »

It already works, just replace the worldgen xml in the directory with the one here so it recognizes the new tag.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 17, 2014, 06:39:23 am »

Any idea when this will be up for the new release? and will this current version work for the new update of Dwarf Fortress? Or will it go wrong somehow?

Yeah, I've got a new system in place that allows me to have this thing ready on day one of any release. There's no real research required like there is on DFHack related stuff.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 17, 2014, 10:35:36 am »

Yeah, I've got a new system in place that allows me to have this thing ready on day one of any release. There's no real research required like there is on DFHack related stuff.

So this should be fully operational now?

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 17, 2014, 09:56:38 pm »

So this should be fully operational now?

Yes.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 02, 2014, 05:33:29 am »

it has not been working, after working a very extended amount of time on two separate maps just to encounter the problem twice in a row and after some testing I am convinced that it is the utility causing this glitch and nothing else, if you use this to generate a world only some of your civilizations will expand, most will settle 2 or 3 towns and than just stop, letting it gen for hundreds of years and the civilizations remain stagnant, does anyone have a work around? I pretty much require this utility to play the game the way that I do...

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #607 on: August 02, 2014, 05:40:19 am »

it has not been working, after working a very extended amount of time on two separate maps just to encounter the problem twice in a row and after some testing I am convinced that it is the utility causing this glitch and nothing else, if you use this to generate a world only some of your civilizations will expand, most will settle 2 or 3 towns and than just stop, letting it gen for hundreds of years and the civilizations remain stagnant, does anyone have a work around? I pretty much require this utility to play the game the way that I do...
Might be that your worlds are not very habitable to civs. Try to remove pre-generated maps(like volcanism, savagery, drainage, etc) till you find the culprit.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 02, 2014, 12:46:34 pm »

Might be that your worlds are not very habitable to civs. Try to remove pre-generated maps(like volcanism, savagery, drainage, etc) till you find the culprit.

Iv just spent the last 4 hours doing tests, it is 100% the utility, I just launched the game with the most basic of settings, first roll on each and didnt tinker with any of the details like Titans and such, I dont understand whats wrong, I just cant figure it out, Iv not altered the settings at all and still civs would not expand, this time none of them did and the game went 600 years in only a moment, the fastest its ever done before... that is not a good sign as it means there is nothing to celculate... This does not happen with un PW maps and I am running out of options.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 02, 2014, 01:02:42 pm »

I'm not having that issue.  While I do notice some modded civs not expanding as much as they do on vanilla maps, they still expand to an extent, and I'm almost certain that it is because they require very specific biomes that may not be as common in many PWDF generations.  Vanilla races have no problems expanding at all.

I've seen a very high savagery cause the behavior you are describing in both vanilla maps and PWDF, (civs won't expand into areas over a certain savagery, and if they are unlucky enough to start in one they basically do not expand) but if you've already tried letting DF do it's own savagery I'm out of ideas.

Do you happen to have the files it generates?  Maybe one of us can load it up and spot what's causing the problem.  Even if we can't I imagine cephalo would need something like that to figure out what is wrong anyway.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 01:06:42 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 02, 2014, 02:27:12 pm »

I'm not having that issue.  While I do notice some modded civs not expanding as much as they do on vanilla maps, they still expand to an extent, and I'm almost certain that it is because they require very specific biomes that may not be as common in many PWDF generations.  Vanilla races have no problems expanding at all.

I've seen a very high savagery cause the behavior you are describing in both vanilla maps and PWDF, (civs won't expand into areas over a certain savagery, and if they are unlucky enough to start in one they basically do not expand) but if you've already tried letting DF do it's own savagery I'm out of ideas.

Do you happen to have the files it generates?  Maybe one of us can load it up and spot what's causing the problem.  Even if we can't I imagine cephalo would need something like that to figure out what is wrong anyway.
nah already covered that, I made a few worlds with varying degrees to absolutely zero savagery, I just did the bullet proof test, I loaded up a completely blank unmodified untouched freshly downloaded copy of Dwarf fortress with Perfect world utility and generated a world with it, a very basic large map with no tinkering with the settings and it still happend, not just a few of the civs this time, but none of them expanded (( I am sure that if i did it again maybe one or two would but still its just as or worse than doing it with my modded copy of DF ))  It has nothing to do with any modifications to the entity file or distribution of the biomes, it seems to be a problem caused by the utiility and nothing on the part of the user, perhaps theres a adjustment that can be made to fix it but i have just ran every test that I can imagine and so far, no luck.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 02, 2014, 06:22:42 pm »

We really need to figure this out, I and many others cannot enjoy DF properly without this utility, hopefully the information iv presented and my relentless testing can be used by the creator to fix this as soon as possible.

what I know for sure.
Its not related to any mods it happens with clean versions of the game.
It happens with even the most basic settings and pretty much hitting random every time.
as far as i know there is no work arounds and at this moment the utility is completely and utterly unusable.

What could possibly be the problem? It happends just about every time now, I cannot generate a world no matter how hard I try.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 02, 2014, 08:51:11 pm »

With respect to worldgen customized settings, everything done in PerfectWorld can be done with the in-game painter, built into DF. 

PerfectWorld is just a GUI front end to placing those values in the worldgen file.  In fact, if you really wanted a challenge, you can just edit the worldgen file directly and place all the elevation/rain/drain/volc/etc map values by hand, with a text editor.  :o

The point being, it doesn't do anything you can't already do with vanilla DF, it just makes it easier.  If PW isn't working for you, try the native DF painter*.

*When I say 'painter' I'm referring to the 'p' interface (Set Preset Field Values) available when you edit a parameter set in Advanced Worldgen settings.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 02, 2014, 09:14:09 pm »

With respect to worldgen customized settings, everything done in PerfectWorld can be done with the in-game painter, built into DF. 

PerfectWorld is just a GUI front end to placing those values in the worldgen file.  In fact, if you really wanted a challenge, you can just edit the worldgen file directly and place all the elevation/rain/drain/volc/etc map values by hand, with a text editor.  :o

The point being, it doesn't do anything you can't already do with vanilla DF, it just makes it easier.  If PW isn't working for you, try the native DF painter*.

*When I say 'painter' I'm referring to the 'p' interface (Set Preset Field Values) available when you edit a parameter set in Advanced Worldgen settings.
okay? How do I get the parameters of the map iv created in order to inputs them into DF to make the land shaped the way I want, all I can know for sure is that every time I have tested this, the PW utility creates this glitch, I know its just a UI but it is doing something, the glitch does not occure when I do not use it and no matter what I do with the parameters on PW it does not make the glitch any less or worse its always consistent.

I dont know how it works, but iv been testing for hours and hours, my entire day practically dedicated to this, at this point its impossible that it is anything other than the PW Utility.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 02, 2014, 10:28:26 pm »

Open world_gen.txt in the data>init folder.  It contains all the data for the world generation paramaters.  Any world generations modified by PWDF or DF's built in world painter will have a bunch of lines looking like this
Code: [Select]
[PS_EL:118:124:128:125:128:136:138:144:141:123:112:100:100:112:119:116:117:124:125:132:143:147:155:161:157:147:141:140:145:137:127:125:127:123:118:106:100:105:107:112:105:100:100:100:100:100:100:100:100:100:100:100:100:100:100:100:100:100:100:100:100:100:100:101:108:119:130:136:141:145:159:163:172:165:147:151:160:176:198:223:224:240:252:244:239:251:262:273:292:306:316:328:335:350:341:343:361:358:356:353:342:351:344:350:358:370:373:369:370:387:386:384:383:379:372:344:302:264:215:186:159:137:116:100:89:73:58:55:60]Each one of those is the values for elevation, Drainage, volcanism and so on.  For example the PS_EL on the code above designates that as an elevation map.  And the numbers are a particular world map tile's elevation (I think anything 100 and below becomes ocean)  Each line represents the Y axis, each colon separated value is the x axis values for that y.

All Perfect World DF does is generate those values.  DF's built in world painter does the same thing it just does not have the capability of generating random terrain.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 10:32:53 pm by Greiger »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 54