Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 54

Author Topic: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility v.1.9  (Read 430779 times)

Dagoth Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2010, 05:13:15 pm »

This is awesome, and this is legendary! I'm so happy that I have something to contribute to this thread! :P Here's the question: This program goes hand in hand with the worldgen, so to speak. Could it be expanded to civilization also? Could it, with sufficient tinkering, be capable of placing human towns and goblin fortresses on the map? Or goblin towns and human fortresses? What would be its limitations? In hindsight, maybe I should try the actual utility before asking, but still... :D Kudos, regardless! This is ground-breaking progress!
- "Very well. If you are impatient to begin. Go ahead. You are the challenger. To you goes the first blow." -

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2010, 05:16:40 pm »

All this program does is already possible in DF, but with much more difficult interface. Here you see everything on tabs with easy-to-read interface and ability to easily paint stuff with a pre-defined brush. So no, no town/civ placement.

This may look like a totally new achievement because peopel were not aware of that functionality or couldn't use it.

This program makes it much easier, also it has some really good smoothing/generation algorythms and is awesome overall. Come on, it's Cephalo's work :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2010, 06:17:00 pm »

Quick question/complaint :o

So, I use a netbook with an itty-bitty screen. This makes it so I can't reach some of the options on each screen (for example, I can't press the noise field generator in the elevation tab). Is there any way around this? Because I have found none as is.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2010, 06:32:19 pm »

Quick question/complaint :o

So, I use a netbook with an itty-bitty screen. This makes it so I can't reach some of the options on each screen (for example, I can't press the noise field generator in the elevation tab). Is there any way around this? Because I have found none as is.

Arg. They are supposed to be scrollable, but occasionally they seem to lose that ability when I add new controls etc. Sorry about that, I'll will pay more attention to that in the next build.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2010, 06:34:12 pm »

It's quite alright, I can still get a lot of use out of the program without them. But being able to scroll would be handy-dandy for the next build :p

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2010, 07:01:18 pm »

It's quite alright, I can still get a lot of use out of the program without them. But being able to scroll would be handy-dandy for the next build :p

If it is just the button you are missing, you might be able to tab down to it blindly.

My latest forts:

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2010, 10:54:43 pm »

I found quite a few more bugs today that I fixed for 1.0. I'll try to release that tommorow. One in particular that may be a problem is that the CAVERN_LAYER_OPENESS_MAX tag is not writing. I assume it then stays at some default value, which might mess up your caverns.

My latest forts:

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2010, 03:39:36 am »

You are my hero. H E R O.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2010, 06:07:54 am »

It gives me a error report: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0,...'
But if does not crush to death.

So, do I have .NET 3.5, or do I not? I'm clueless.
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

DasGuntLord01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2010, 06:08:38 am »

While this IS awsome, when I made a large region with an ocean on the right hand side, when I loaded it into DF the ocean dried up.  And became haunted.  I set the evilness gradient to be in the west, and the ocean was in the east... so that was interesting, to say the least.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2010, 06:17:54 am »

I haven't downloaded it yet (I'm on the wrong computer) but will it allow me to cover a world in volcanoes?

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2010, 08:24:17 am »

It gives me a error report: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0,...'
But if does not crush to death.

So, do I have .NET 3.5, or do I not? I'm clueless.

That means that you do not have .NET 3.5. I believe you can fix that with Windows Update.

While this IS awsome, when I made a large region with an ocean on the right hand side, when I loaded it into DF the ocean dried up.  And became haunted.  I set the evilness gradient to be in the west, and the ocean was in the east... so that was interesting, to say the least.

Are you sure about that? Did the ocean get filled in because it was too small? Remember that savagery is not evil. Good/Evil regions are set by a different mechanic.

I haven't downloaded it yet (I'm on the wrong computer) but will it allow me to cover a world in volcanoes?

Yes you can! Actually I think there is a limit of 200.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 08:29:44 am by cephalo »

My latest forts:

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2010, 10:11:22 am »

Ok, 1.0 is posted! Now that I've had some feedback and fixed a few bugs, we've earned the 1.  :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 11:05:08 am by cephalo »

My latest forts:

Nonsapient

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2010, 11:16:14 am »

I REALLLY want this workable in Linux.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2010, 01:46:18 pm »

Cephalo, post that link I posted earlier in the first post.

It lets this program run in linux.
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 54