Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 54

Author Topic: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility v.1.9  (Read 430744 times)

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2010, 02:11:25 pm »

Cephalo, post that link I posted earlier in the first post.

It lets this program run in linux.

Ok got it. Thanks again for that link. Can anyone confirm that this works?
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2010, 02:20:49 pm »

Sounds like a good tool. I'll have to play around with it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JusticeRings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2010, 02:49:50 pm »

Anyone figured out how to make a volcano happen without huge cliffs? I am trying to make a magma pipe to the surface, Kind of like in old school DF, but so far, my attempts have only worked once, and it was not in a viable location.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2010, 03:28:19 pm »

Anyone figured out how to make a volcano happen without huge cliffs? I am trying to make a magma pipe to the surface, Kind of like in old school DF, but so far, my attempts have only worked once, and it was not in a viable location.

You can hand-paint high volcanism areas on flat regions. As it is the editor has attached the volcanism to the height map, so volcanos occour only on tall regions.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2010, 03:43:52 pm »

You can hand-paint high volcanism areas on flat regions. As it is the editor has attached the volcanism to the height map, so volcanos occour only on tall regions.

You can adjust the altitude where volcanos are most common with the cusp sliders, and also you can add noise, or even reduce the cusp map weight to zero and just use noise. Or as mentioned you can just paint.

EDIT: Also, volcanoes do tend to push up land and create mountains in the recent versions of DF. So while you can have isolated volcanoes, I'm not sure you can just have the fort map be flat like it used to be.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 03:55:50 pm by cephalo »

My latest forts:

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2010, 05:05:10 pm »

Quick Q, and I'm probably missing something really obvious, but is there a way to "paint" evil and good biomes as well as just savagery? I haven't seen anything as of yet, and I would really love to create a zombieland.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2010, 05:16:07 pm »

Quick Q, and I'm probably missing something really obvious, but is there a way to "paint" evil and good biomes as well as just savagery? I haven't seen anything as of yet, and I would really love to create a zombieland.

No you can't paint those unfortunately. Good and Evil is decided by region. The usual controls in the world gen file work pretty well though. Set the medium region count to a really high number and you'll have lot's of evil everywhere. The large regions are harder to control and often end up in an ocean.

Is the new scrolling functionality working on your netbook screen now?

My latest forts:

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2010, 05:17:58 pm »

It's perfect, thank you!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2010, 05:18:24 pm »

So, with you're utility I've made my favorite place to play... minus a huge waterfall... but I can make one of those, unless I can alter tiles with Dfhack...

Anyways!

I have a 100 z-level cliff that's as shear and symmetrical as they get. I have a total of 279 zlevels to play with. (100 zlevel shear rock face, 30 zlevels of air and 149 z-levels below ground level.)

I'm working on a megaproject and now I've run into the problem of... no visualizer program. I want to see the whole map not that isometric one.

But yeah, thanks for the utility and almost completely my dream fortress.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2010, 06:50:09 pm »

So, with you're utility I've made my favorite place to play... minus a huge waterfall... but I can make one of those, unless I can alter tiles with Dfhack...

Here's something (I think) I noticed about natural waterfalls. It would appear that all river branches stay on the same z level from the time they begin until they hit the ocean or another river. The only time you ever get a waterfall is when two rivers meet, where the smaller one will dump into the larger.

My latest forts:

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2010, 06:58:59 pm »

Here's something (I think) I noticed about natural waterfalls. It would appear that all river branches stay on the same z level from the time they begin until they hit the ocean or another river. The only time you ever get a waterfall is when two rivers meet, where the smaller one will dump into the larger.

I beleive I've seen some waterfalls in adventure mode that didin't happen when rivers met. But I may be wrong.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2010, 07:00:26 pm »

I know you can get brooks/streams with waterfalls going from high mountain areas to lower regions. I've had a few fortresses built in those areas.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2010, 07:00:38 pm »

I have had rivers coming from mountains, but they go to normal level in either the same tile or the one next to it normally.

The way I use to do it was editing some tiles to be aquifers so they make continuous water.

But as far as I can tell with this new version, I'm going to have to pump water ALLLLLLLL the way from some underground cavern level allllllll the way up 120+ zlevels at the moment.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

ronnyfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2010, 07:46:09 pm »

This is a wonderful thing you have made! lot of fun to play with and come up with anything from crazy worlds to ones that look realistic :P

Thank you for all the work you put into this! =]

JusticeRings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2010, 07:57:22 pm »

any way to easily share creations? I seem to be poor at best at using this fantastic tool, but it sounds like there are some people making awesome maps.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 54