Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 54

Author Topic: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility v.1.9  (Read 430743 times)

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility v.1.9
« Reply #735 on: March 10, 2016, 10:32:22 pm »

What language did you write Perfect World DF in?
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 10, 2016, 10:34:43 pm »

What language did you write Perfect World DF in?

Note: This is a Windows Forms application and as such requires the Microsoft .NET framework version 4.0 to be installed on the machine. For Linux and Mac users addictgamer has come to the rescue with the following link for running .NET apps on Linux. I can't give alot of support on this however since I know absolutely nothing about either of those platforms.  http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

jomen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 03, 2016, 12:14:31 pm »

Hi everyone !

I'm trying to make a map with Perfect world . I downloaded a BMP files to have my pre erosion map set , but when i launch the world generation in the game, the result is totally different from what the map should be . How can fix this and have a map fitting the the elevation map you created ?

Zorbeltuss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 06, 2016, 07:45:06 am »

I'm trying to create worlds using bitmaps of specific places, can anyone tell me how the bitmap importer for Perfect World interprets colors on the bitmap file to elevation? I keep ending up with land masses where water should be. Included is a bitmap file I'm trying to import now. The middle section of southern sea keeps turning into an island for some reason.

The shadows are not a big problem for this and Gimp can do this, however if you want the areas with the highest peaks, it'll require a lot of work since the peaks are whiteish which is a lot more problematic than the shadows.

Should work if you cut it down to the areas you want, unless you want the white parts (I'll go into that later) and use some auto level tool of any decent image editor, gimp, paint.NET (albeit this can only do that it cannot produce the image in the first place), Adobe Photoshop or Corel Paintshop should do this nicely.
For doing this yourself you need to split the image into Hue, Saturation and Value (lightness also works but will make it impossible to work in the peaks later).
Remove the value layer/image first, we don't need that at all, and only if you're interested in the peaks should you hang onto the Saturation layer/image.
Despeckle the Hue image, to get rid of minor faults, and use negative colors on the image.
You should now have an image similar to mine, and you could stop here, but I'll explain how to do the rest.

If you want the real peaks first you need to retouch  the areas with peaks (as they are likely to have faults like the black bowling pin in mine since the despeckle can't get rid of it all, do a copy of the image, after that adjust the brightness levels of the image to the approximate proportions of the colored bands height compared to the difference in height over the wole image (so that the white turns grey), then despeckle the saturation image as well as you can, and apply negative colors. Now take the copied image that you didn't apply a level change to, by gamma or levels or any other means, make sure you only have the most clear white left, the rest should be black or 0% alpha, use this as an alpha layer to your created saturation image, put this as a top layer on the image and set the layer mode to screen, then adjust the levels of this top layer until you ahve a few pixels that have the maximum brightness.

These extra steps may seem a bit difficult though, but except for retouching and checking the height levels of the different colors someone who is skilled in gimp (not me or i'd rather have done that long ago) should be able to write a script to do this.

/Zorbeltuss
Kun hölmöllä on moottorisaha, jokainen häviää. / Kaikki jotuvat tappiolle kun hölmöllä on moottorisaha.

jomen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 08, 2016, 04:20:27 am »

Actually , i didn't have trouble with bitmap import to Perfect Dwarf nor with colour. The importer transform the bitmap in elevation map the way i want. It's the world generator of DF that get me in trouble. The final result is always different from the elevation map in PF

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 08, 2016, 10:59:17 pm »

Actually , i didn't have trouble with bitmap import to Perfect Dwarf nor with colour. The importer transform the bitmap in elevation map the way i want. It's the world generator of DF that get me in trouble. The final result is always different from the elevation map in PF
So you have Perfectworld output. Have you saved it to the text file that has all the DF world-gen rulesets properly?

I haven't done this in years, but I remember it was quite finicky, and IIRC I frequently ended up saving to the wrong text file, and even after I'd gotten it in the right spot I occasionally selected one of Toady's premade worldgen parameter sets rather then my buetific map.

jomen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 09, 2016, 11:49:17 am »

I saved it properly in the correct world_gen file. I named my map "test" and it was effectively in the menu in the game. I even changed the world history end at only 10 years so i could know that the proper map settings. I do have the world gen stopping at 10 years , but the map different from what it should be.

LordKnows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 10, 2016, 12:18:14 pm »

Here are some maps I made and had success using with perfectworld. Imgur upload seems to have automatically converted them to .png, so they have to be made back to .bmp to use:

LOTR Lonely Mountain region:

Western Norway crappy quality, increase erosion in world gen to smooth out:

Middle east:

jomen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 10, 2016, 04:31:22 pm »

Ok ! Thank you really because knowing that it worked for you , i had to figured it out what was wrong with my maps. So i check or unchecked everything to get it work and finally it did !

Problem was with perfect world generated maps which weren't checked properly. I didn't see this simple mistake  ::) Thanks you !

nuker22110

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: October 02, 2016, 09:09:49 am »

How do i use PF to generate a world with a large amount of flat embarks with medium to high level of soil?

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: October 21, 2016, 02:08:53 pm »

How do i use PF to generate a world with a large amount of flat embarks with medium to high level of soil?

Sorry for the late reply. I'm thinking such an area would be easy to find in almost any world made with PWDF.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

ANickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: November 05, 2016, 12:37:03 am »

I've been comparing some PerfectWorld generated maps versus some default world generation.  It seems that the embark depth is often three or four times as little as it is on default worlds.  Is there anything I can do to tweak this or make it so that PW maps have high embark depth?  I'd much rather have 100+ z levels, than a measly 45-60.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: November 05, 2016, 11:42:32 am »

I'd much rather have 100+ z levels, than a measly 45-60.

Same. Indeed, if that is actually the case, this could be a deal-breaker for me.

ANickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: November 05, 2016, 09:27:57 pm »

I'd much rather have 100+ z levels, than a measly 45-60.

Same. Indeed, if that is actually the case, this could be a deal-breaker for me.

Good to know it isn't just me being stupid and screwing with some weird setting!  I've been editing the generation, but still no luck with doing anything that raises elevation.

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 21, 2017, 07:46:23 pm »

if perfect world says "yes" instead of "using PW", it uses previously used PW (inside the world gen).  is there any way to convert that to "no"?  just asking in case mp explodes or something because of an odd alignment map, which might not be so bad but just in case. XD
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 54