Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54

Author Topic: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility v.1.9  (Read 430701 times)

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility v.1.9
« Reply #780 on: February 24, 2018, 11:50:24 pm »

It will never be possible.

Do you know of a Fanasty World Generator where, after establishing a height map and placing key sites, generation of roads and additional minor sites is possible?

Thanks,
Andy
No.

And I doubt it would be possible in a map creation tool.

A DF world is not just a map, it is a world full of virtual creatures who have lived a simulated history. If the goblins have a fort at the place this river meets the bay that means a group of goblins either founded the fort, or stole it from someone else. Without a full world-building tool where you could name the goblins, type in their history, and place the fort exactly at that spot, there's no way to guarantee that.

In theory someone with real programming chops could probably create a tool that allows you to do that, but to my knowledge that has not happened yet.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 10, 2018, 09:52:31 pm »

hey has this been updated to the new version of DF yet?

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 20, 2018, 04:08:40 pm »

I just made earth with perfect world. It works perfectly with the new DF version
Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 21, 2018, 12:04:49 am »

hey has this been updated to the new version of DF yet?

This doesn't actually need updating to new versions.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 18, 2018, 07:05:59 am »

The only time this needs updating is when the world_gen.txt file changes, and then it can be done with xml.

Something terrible happened at work. Someone got fired for playing a lot of games, and now there's this draconian, all encompassing web filter that covers anything that has to do with games. I can't even discuss games with people except at home. If I was into knitting, or horseback riding, or origami, I could surf the web all day, but games are contraband. Interesting.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 02, 2018, 02:33:34 pm »

Hello. My worldgen.world is stuck at rivers. Where normally it will count down the rivers then the lakes and then display the little map with rivers finally entered, it will just say "rivers" and show rivers appeaeing on the map and not complete the generations next steps.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13939

Here it is. The map file that will not work with any worldgen parameters I was setting. Other maps worked fine, but I didn't try to alter them too much. I spent the usual time I do with this map just setting drainage noise and temperature and savagery. I didn't brush anything to the map.

Jus tried again a new map, moving noise maps around, the usual. No brushing. The world gets stuck at "rivers..." No count downs, no lakes countdown, though the map shows lakes first and then rivers. I've ran a successful generation of only producing noise maps without moving them around.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 03:41:43 pm by Bob69Joe »

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 09, 2018, 08:33:53 pm »

I'll try to check it out when I have time. What version of DF is this? I'm banned at work from visiting bay12, so keeping tabs is difficult.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 14, 2018, 06:03:27 pm »

Excuse me for the long delay. The version is 44.12. I have attempted several maps, and it appears if I invest any effort in moving the noise maps around, the generator will cease functioning at the rivers.

I will not be able to upload the worldgen that was linked to that map because I deleted it before thinking to make this known.
_____
*****¡!¡!¡*****
Hey, my bad, I seem to be making a fuss over nothing. Unlike default DF generation, there is no countdown to rivers, lakes, or any other aspect to generation. Though, I gave it a few minutes and it kicked up again at placing caves, witch it did countdown for, and the rest of the generation went along normally. I'll be playing this "Perfect" world(I do really enjoy how it came out) extensively to see if there are any awesome glitches in the terrain. Thank you for your work!

One question Cephalo! Is there anyway to change the revolution of the world? Eastern or Western sun rise?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 07:23:38 pm by Bob69Joe »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: August 15, 2018, 02:21:16 am »

No. Afaik, sun doesn't exist.

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 10, 2018, 08:29:21 pm »

Is there a database of 'interesting' Perfect World-generated mapsets somewhere?

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 30, 2018, 03:24:01 pm »

Is there a database of 'interesting' Perfect World-generated mapsets somewhere?

Not sure how I didn't notice this post for tenty days in my 'replies' tab, but DFFD will probably have any. Look up 'pre-generated maps' or 'perfect-world' in the search bar, or something similar.

Here's a start: http://dffd.bay12games.com/search.php?string=perfect&id=14

Arrakis, a desert world
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 03:27:34 pm by Bob69Joe »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 30, 2018, 11:10:56 pm »

There's [MAPS] ✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ (custom worldgen map repository). I recall there was a thread with variety of earth maps as well somewhere...Shagomir gives some advice on heightmaps here, the OP of which has a map of Central+Western Europe.

Betrix5068

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 25, 2018, 10:41:50 am »

How is the importing bitmaps thing supposed to work? Because it keeps saying that the resolution for the images has to be the same as my world size, which is not how the maps are exported at all. Is there somthing I have to do like downresing or is something wrong with my exported files?

EDIT: Yea, you've got to downscale. If the program would do that automatically that would be great but I understand why it's not in.

EDIT_2: Would like to mention that the megabeast check start is 10 at minimum when the ingame paramiter has it at 2 and the default generator has it at 5. This wouldn't be an issue except that this one error causes the entire world gen permitted unusable for importation.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 01:24:51 pm by Betrix5068 »

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: November 21, 2018, 08:11:08 pm »

Edit: Ok, so painting world tiles that specifically does not seem possible.  On the Rainfall Map, I am trying to get more Shrubland and Savanna.  Should I be looking at the Grassland Threshold, or maybe something between that and Desert?

I did look through the manual on this, but couldn't find anything: Is it possible to change the Alignment of a given world tile or biome?  There is a forest I'd like to change from Calm (Neutral) to Joyous (Good).
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 11:48:43 am by Immortal-D »

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 28, 2019, 11:27:17 pm »

Is there any way to possibly, conceivably decipher/translate the name seeds and, in essence, force a created world to generate with a specific name?
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54