Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54]

Author Topic: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility v.1.9  (Read 430704 times)

thepaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility v.1.9
« Reply #795 on: February 26, 2019, 01:44:24 am »

Edit: Ok, so painting world tiles that specifically does not seem possible.  On the Rainfall Map, I am trying to get more Shrubland and Savanna.  Should I be looking at the Grassland Threshold, or maybe something between that and Desert?

I did look through the manual on this, but couldn't find anything: Is it possible to change the Alignment of a given world tile or biome?  There is a forest I'd like to change from Calm (Neutral) to Joyous (Good).

There are three sliders on the Rainfall tab. If we assume each slider represents an even distribution of the values then they define splits around 25, 50 and 75 rainfall. Savanna is 20-32 while Shrubland is 33-66 rainfall. This would mean that we want the majority of regions to be between the first and second sliders (top slider to the left, and middle slider to the right). If you want to avoid marshes, then you'll want to have most/all of the drainage values above 33 as well (either the top one or two sliders to the left).

Keep in mind that savagery is independent of good/evil. AFAIK, the only way to influence good/evil is randomly by the good/evil square counts under general settings. Joyous Wilds are savage good, so you could bump up the savagery then also the minimum number of good squares. Be careful on the savagery though; civilizations will not start in savage regions, so you may have to bump up the noise to get them placed.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 01:46:08 am by thepaan »

darkomen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 13, 2019, 01:32:56 am »

Hi

Fantastic tool to do whatever you want in World Gen ! Thanks for making it, it helped me A LOT !

I have some minor -but annoying- bug while using the brush : whenever I paint on the map, it changes the values of the sliders, quite randomly actually. So I have to change them back... Same thing happens for temperature, rainfall, savagery or drainage

If I may add a suggestion :

It seems to me that the brush is powerful enought for what we have to do. The only little problem is the value of the brush : Whenever you want to change it, you have to type it with your keyboard and then press ENTER. To make it more fluid, it would be better if we can simply right click on a tile of the map so that the brush takes the value of the tile, just like an eyedropper tool would work.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 11, 2019, 12:43:54 pm »

Possible bug: When you load a map set, the Temperature Map Noise Control Weight is remember, but does not actually seem to be applied to the temperature gradient unless you update it's value.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a set of maps with a Temperature Gradient Map and Noise Field.
2. Set the Noise Control Weight to something like 8.
3. Save the map set and close PerfectWorld.
4. Open PerfectWorld and open the map set.
5. Go to the Temperature Map and adjust the Noise Control Weight to 9, then back to 8.

When you first go to the Temperature Map on step 5, the Temperature Map will appear as though the Noise Control Weight were set to 50. Only after updating the number will the map look as it was when you saved the map set.

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 21, 2020, 03:26:11 pm »

Eyy, I can't upload pwset files to DFFD so I need to know what I can post to get some help on an issue. I am unable to get dwarves to survive in a world, although elves, goblins, and humans are spawning.

DonPerotti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: July 26, 2020, 04:34:46 pm »

Does this still work with for DF 47.04? Also would it be possible to add a function to define evil/good alignment in the same way you define temperature? Or is this impossible because of how the world generation works?
This is a C++ program, all craftsmanship is of the shoddiest quality, it menaces with poor code and lack of documentation: Dwarf Fortress Heightmap Translator: https://github.com/CrainFartor/Dwarf-Fortress-Heightmap-Translator

(it takes a .bmp and outputs a .txt with a preset for one of the values of world gen)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: July 27, 2020, 12:27:55 am »

Yes, but you have to give it right base parameters (or just paste the outputted PSV values into worldgen base preset of your choosing) - ensuring that your worldgen includes all new worldgen tags introduced since eight years ago.

You can't directly paint evil/good areas, yeah. You can however ensure medium regions are all evil and good regions are all large, then paint medium(25-99) and large(100+) regions where you want evil and good biomes.

DonPerotti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: July 27, 2020, 02:24:09 pm »

I'm sorry I don't know what PSV values are, do you mean those walls of text that get generated on the world_gen file?

Also I don't understand the part about the medium/large regions, how do you ensure a part of the map is a medium region and another is a large one?

As for the right base parameters, do you mean things like max civs or mineral scarcity?
This is a C++ program, all craftsmanship is of the shoddiest quality, it menaces with poor code and lack of documentation: Dwarf Fortress Heightmap Translator: https://github.com/CrainFartor/Dwarf-Fortress-Heightmap-Translator

(it takes a .bmp and outputs a .txt with a preset for one of the values of world gen)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: July 28, 2020, 02:53:41 am »

Yes.

By carefully controlling the size of biomes PSV marks out

I mean stuff like [ALLOW_NECROMANCER_LIEUTENANTS:1]

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 23, 2020, 05:21:53 pm »

Just how exactly would you do that?
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: September 22, 2021, 10:21:22 pm »

is this utility still supported? nobody has commented in 120 days.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 09, 2022, 01:45:46 pm »

Still seems to work fine with the current version

Fantastic Damage

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: January 10, 2023, 05:43:45 pm »

You will also need this:

WorldGen.xml file for 40.09 thru 44.05:

Download here. Put this file in the same directory with PerfectWorldDF.

WorldGen.xml file for older versions of DF:

WorldGen.xml file for 40.01 thru 40.08:
Download here.

WorldGen.xml file for 34.01 thru 34.11 versions:
Download here.
[/spoiler]

Apologies for being such a mouth-breather about this, but I am not getting anywhere parsing your instructions. Do you mean to put the XML file in here, like so? What is the Intended result I'm looking for?
Thanks for your patience,

Ironlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: January 15, 2023, 08:09:55 pm »

Still seems to work fine with the current version

Yes, I even used worldgen files created by this utility for the last pre-steam verson on the steam version without issue. 
Other monsters crowded around me, continually attacking.  I treated them politely, offering the edge of my razor-sharp sword; but the feast, I think, did not please them.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54]