Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LNP - How do I make a .bat that launches utilities & DF at the same time?  (Read 944 times)

Baleur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heya, this is regarding the lazy newb pack.

I basically want an easy .bat on my desktop to launch these apps at once.
soundsense.exe
DwarfTherapist.exe
and finally Dwarf Fortress

I tried making a .bat for this by simply calling to run these .exe files in sequence, but it didn't work.
Especially dwarf fortress didn't launch properly (launched with no tileset etc).
I assume there are some command lines that the LNP launcher runs when clicking to run soundsense and DF itself.

Any tips on how to set up such a .bat file so i can run all this from one shortcut instead of opening the LNP launcher everytime?
Thanks!

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

I have a .au3 (Autoit v3) script that launches DF and soundsense, but ony if they are not already running, so if you shut down DF but not soundsense just relaunch the script and it will restart just DF.

Not sure how to do the same with a .bat but I'll check into it.

And BTW the LNP does not pass any special command line params to any of the utilitys or DF, so thats not why your .bat failed. Why don't you post it for others to take a look? You may have just made a typo or something :p
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Baleur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But when i run DF via LNP, i can see a command line window pop up for a split second. So it must do something besides just running the .exe ? Maybe? No?  :P

@echo on
"C:\Spel\Dwarf Fortress\LNP\Utilities\1-Newb\soundsense r35\soundSense.exe"
"C:\Spel\Dwarf Fortress\LNP\Utilities\1-Newb\DwarfTherapist 0.6.12\DwarfTherapist.exe"
"C:\Spel\Dwarf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\Dwarf Fortress.exe"

Tried to put start before each line as per praxis, didn't matter.
It gives java errors on running soundsense, dwarftherapist doesn't stay open and dwarf fortress gives me a question if i want to run in fullscreen or not, then says it can't find the mouse .png (which isn't a problem when just running the .exe manually from the same folder).
It's weird, it's like DF forgets all the configs and settings when running via the .bat

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

The easiest way is to get the latest LNP, which can launch selected utilities with the 'play dwarf fortress' button.

Get it here in an hour or so once r15 is up - this version is also kept up to date, and somewhat expanded too. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

Hmm... Weird, that .bat should work fine...

What sort of java errors does sound sense display? (just a stab in the dark)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS