Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: DF Mod Manager [0.7.1 release]  (Read 48532 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: DF Mod Manager [0.7.1 release]
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2013, 02:49:45 pm »

i have the vanilla raws (they have to be in a folder named raws on the same dir level as the dfmm folder) im saying it didnt copy all of them to my exported mod folder (such as body_plan). so im wondering if i need to have the vanilla files in the exported folder b4 i export?  when i copied the vanilla files into the exported folder AFTER i did my export some vanilla named files already existed. hence my question about how mod manager goes about adding stuff...

maybe mod manager doesnt copy over unmodified raws?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 02:58:50 pm by thistleknot »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2013, 04:49:21 pm »

DFMM saves the changes in mods from vanilla and nothing else.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2013, 05:37:53 pm »

so thoee files that were in my extracted folder that had the same name as vanilla need to be concatenated to the original vanilla?  as they will only have additions to the original?  i dont see how that works... because subtractions...  i thought this tool would export all objects needed for the mod to work using the vanilla as a base and adding subteacting from it as needed but export a compkeye working copy when u choose to export.

im going ti have to look at it after class tonight

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2013, 05:38:32 pm »

Object additions, subtractions and changes, not file changes.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2013, 06:52:32 pm »

Shouldn't extract mod that dumps the txt files to a folder, give me ALL the objects (i.e. modified, or unchanged) in files?

That seems to be the issue, it skips some files (i.e. body_plan.txt) yet has some other .txt files that have the same name as vanilla files (most likely due to changes in those files?  Therefore it copied the file in it's entirety with the changes?)

These are all testable things.  I'll probably just do a winmerge comparison to see if indeed it only copies modified raw files...  my errorlog could be due to some other issue with combining civforge with accelerated mod...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 06:54:33 pm by thistleknot »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2013, 11:06:32 pm »

I'm figuring out how to use this more wisely.

I see my first mistake, I can compare side by side, I just need to open each mod, and then compare each grouping of objects to each other.

My second mistake (which was some of the errors I was getting) was due to most likely the fact I cut essential mod files from civforge into my accelerated civmwforge when I was making it, so I was missing the core civforge files when I imported it into mod manager.

Lastly, yes, I do have to copy over missing vanilla files (of course not overwriting), but that seems to get the # of errors down to a manageable state.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 19, 2013, 02:14:26 am »

I've been working on a new merge of civforge, accelerated mod, some personal changes, and some creatures from mwmod...

however, this tool is buggy... it's skipping entire inorganic elements...  I'm not really sure why it's doing that.   It's looking for Spark... I noticed it didn't incorporate Rusty_steel...

Update:

I think I know why, there was a // at the top of the file I'm specifically speaking about

nope... for some reason it's not loading my
inorganic_stone_mineral_mw.TXT

which has rusty_steel in it...

contents of file
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Same kind of issue I had before... for some reason it just didn't copy these files... I seem to remember it saying something about files that were not part of the original were expected to be additions...  it should be noted though that these items were not being loaded into the mod manager either, so I couldn't edit them...

UPDATE:
Wow, making huge progress, my error log is so small, I don't even have to use a spoiler for it.  This mod will be ready for tomorrow night!

*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/plant_standard.txt"
BLACK_CAP:Unrecognized Plant Token: SATREE_COLO6
FEATHER:Unrecognized Plant Token: DISPLABLANK_TREE
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_domestic.txt"
COW:Unrecognized Creature Token: BCREATURE_MAT
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_large_temperate.txt"
Unrecognized Material State Token: ANIMAL
Unrecognized Material State Token: ANIMAL
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_next_underground.txt"
Unrecognized Breath Attack Token: POD_JUICE
Unrecognized Material State Token: FLUID
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_orc_mw.txt"
Unrecognized Material State Token: BLOOD
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_other.txt"
Unrecognized Material State Token: GOO
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_subterranean.txt"
Unrecognized Breath Attack Token: SILK
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 02:40:17 am by thistleknot »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2013, 08:19:30 am »

here's my finished v4.0 of civmwforge
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7588

UPDATE:
BUG'S!

lots of duplicate items (even in the SAME file!)

I'll have an update tonight, I worked through about half the duplicate_items...
arghhh... darn you mod manager!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Am I supposed to delete the duplicate item from the second mod?  I thought the mod manager was supposed to merge them...  if I delete it from the second mod (i.e. in order of precedence in the gui), will it merge the changes between the two or completely skip the changes of the [deleted] item...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 01:09:39 pm by thistleknot »

Valdemar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2013, 01:34:18 am »

I'm not entirely following what's going on here, but a few tips:

1. DFMM won't try to interpret the contents of an object in any way. So if two mods make complex changes to the same object, there's a decent chance that the merged result will be corrupted. There is an option in the main menu to not attempt to merge changes, and simply overwrite changes instead.
2. The first time you run DFMM, it will copy all the data from the DF raws folder to a "core" folder. After that, it will totally ignore anything you do in the DF raws folder. If the raws were modified when you ran the program for the first time, it will have cached the modified raws and will be very confused about what is a change and what isn't from then on. Try deleting the "core" directory, restoring the DF raws to vanilla, re-running, and re-importing.
3. If a mod doesn't have a vanilla file, it will assume it is supposed to have everything in that file unmodified. So a total conversion mod would need to have vanilla files with just the [OBJECT:] header and no entries. It occurs to me that if a mod renamed a vanilla file, then DFMM would assume the objects were unmodified but then add them again because of the new file, which would probably cause serious problems.

Let me know if any of this helps.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2013, 07:55:18 am »

the vanilla raws r fine.

part of the reason i had duplicates was dye to copying vanilla raws back into my mod (after extraction) when i had a file that was a renamed canilla file (ex... plants. i had a renamed plants file AND i colied the vanilla plants file into my mod after. resulting in duplicate objects).

however.... i also had a lot of duplicate objects WITHIN the same file.  i had two copies of shiled buckler in my shield file...  i dont know whu dfmm didnt just write one buckler... some of these duplicates i caught inside the merged mod in dfmm and just deleted the duplicate item there....

there might have been some confusion on my part. its possible i didnt see the duplicate item in dfmm because maybe it resulted because i copied the vanilla raw back into my mod when i wasnt supposed to (see plants paragraph described just prior). im not sure which was the cause of my problems...

but the duplicate shields... if i ensured there was only one buckler in my merged mod and it exported two... ill have to double check

Upon further thought:
It does appear the double shields was my doing...

It would be nice :) if the tool flagged double items just before export... Maybe highlighting them.

lastly, it would be nice if unmodified raws... if it copied those unmodified objects into the final folder (so as to avoid me having to hand pick my original unmodified files, and place them back in, for example, c_variation_default... I had no variations modded, so I had to copy that file back into my exported mod folder)

UPDATE:
I guess what i'm supposed to do is copy my exported mod folder over a copy of vanilla raws after export (what was weird, is it didn't copy over a bunch of creatures I spent the time to add originally, probably just a sfu error ;) ) but I added them back in... mod is working as it should.

MOD APPEARS TO BE WORKING
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7588

UPDATE:
I did verify after I reloaded my mod into mod manager, for some reason, it's not showing creature:warlock, yet I have a creature_mw_warlock.txt file

i didnt check if my raptor showed up after i recopied it back into place but i know it didnt export it from my old mod (hence why i had to import the creature filr manually).

Feature Request:
The ability to export raw's in alphabetic object order (would help with winmerge's).

I wish that when an object is read by dfmm, that only different token's are highlighted.  This way if stuff were out of order, it wouldn't try to reproduce tags in different locations (I've had this happen quite a few times with plants giving me double tile specific information).  You already kind of do this by reading all the objects within a file, but now all the tokens within the object should be read and compared to another mod for example, so token's that don't exist are highlighted in one color, and token's that are removed are highlighted in another.

UPDATE:
I don't know if this will help with duplicate entities or not (rawexplorer is great at finding them), but I noticed I had two humanoid_crab body templates, but they didn't show in my merged mod inside dfmm; however, they were both located in the SAME file... I don't know if maybe that's why dfmm doesn't see a duplicate (well, in this case, dfmm would have exported to that file in this specific case... since I'm reading the raw's post extract)

UPDATE:
This never showed me my warlock creatures... Loading up the mod after it's all done up correctly results in no creature entries for my warlock.  A simple look for witch will show what I'm talking about, AND IS probably why I had to manually import them after using mod manager.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 01:33:29 pm by thistleknot »

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 10, 2013, 06:08:26 pm »

Running DFMM 0.7 (Binary version) on DF 0.34.11 (PeridexisErrant LNP r14) on a Windows 7 - 64 Bit machine.

Every time I try to install mods I get this Error Message, then the program quits.

Code: (Fatal Error) [Select]
WindowsError: [Error5] Access is denied: '..\\raw\\objects\\text'

File "dfmm.py", line 543, in install

I've tried the following:
Running DFMM as Administrator.
Installing an empty (no changes) mod.
Unchecking all mods and installing mods (revert to vanilla).
Installing multiple mods simultaneously.

All attempts result in the exact same error.

EDIT: Removing the 'text' folder appears to have corrected the issue.  Mods are installing fine now, and I can just copy it back in afterward.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 09:46:21 pm by Okami No Rei »
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]