Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Cool Fortress Constructions

(1/14) > >>

Darragh:
So, what cool projects are you working on in your fort? From building temples to...Well, I dunno really.
So far I have two things I want to do.

Firstly, as I posted in the other thread (which i locked because i couldnt find the delete button; if there is one maybe someone could tell me where it is) I want to collapse the entire world down a z-level. Dunno why.It'll probably make my computer explode or something.

As for the second one, I was thinking of doing a room 8x8, with alternating black and white tiles. A chessboard. I would put coffins in there, with peasants in the front row as pawns, knights and rooks would be dead warriors, the king and queen  being the main noble dudes (havent got to nobles yet so i dunno if it would work just like that), and maybe bishops being lesser nobles. Also I dont know how the flooring bit would work but I'm sure theres a way,right? It'd be like marble and obsidian or something...

So, any ideas?

Lokii:
Not in this fortress, but eventually I'm going to gen. a work with a lot of Z levels for the sky, then I'm going to build a huge tower that has my whole fortress in it, preferably on a glacier or in the tundra. Then I'll make 4 connected towers and a whole right through the middle of the tower straight down to the magma sea/HFS. I then drop a corpse/artifact/elf etc. down through the whole fortress...

I've attempted this a few times already, but I always seem to run out of food. :|

beorn080:
Its a relatively minor project, but I'm making a trader drowner that utilizes a waterfall. Need to finish planning it out though due only having one z level between top and bottom.

Trigonous:
In every fortress I ever make, I find the highest point and build a tower up to the max z-level.  In my current fortress it's made entirely of marble, but it's not yet finished.  I also generally make an entrance hall several z-levels high with tons of fancy statues and stuff.  It looks very impressive in 3D visualizers.

Urist Imiknorris:
Giant steel warship. Currently digging out the drydock and training up a blacksmith on zinc bins (to hold my post-fey metalcrafter's gold goblets)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version