Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55]

Author Topic: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread  (Read 211937 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread
« Reply #810 on: June 03, 2010, 10:46:24 pm »

Bay2.
Who are these bay2s? We are bay12s!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress File Depot
« Reply #811 on: June 03, 2010, 11:21:54 pm »

If your are going to spend time working at switching or improving the bug tracker.  The first thing I would like is to just have 1 login for all things Bay2.  Make the bug tracker use the existing forum account database.  It would be nice to have it use the same cookie too, but that is generally harder.
Sadly, not possible to have them share cookies with the different domains (bay12forums.com vs. bay12games.com). They would have to be on the same overall domain for cookies to be shareable, though different subdomains would of course work.
Tomas asked Dolgan, "What place is this?"
The dwarf puffed on his pipe. "It is a glory hole, laddie. When my people mined this area, we fashioned many such areas."
     - Raymond E. Feist, Magician: Apprentice  (Riftwar Saga)

Bartleby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 04, 2010, 03:11:14 am »

I get the same crash, whenever I try to create any squad after entering the uniform type.
Using Linux 0.31.04 System Ubuntu 8.10

FlexibleDogma

• Bay Watcher
  • xGiant Cave Spider Silk Sockx Merchant
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 04, 2010, 07:45:32 am »

Minor suggestion:  For 0.31.05, would it be possible for Toady to temporarily lock the thread except to certain users so Footkerchief could have a "known issues" post immediately below the announcement post?  That way he could edit that post as the bugs rear their ugly heads.  I do read entire threads, but it could be very helpful for folks who show up when a thread is 30 pages long.

Another option would be a separate, pinned known issues thread.

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #814 on: June 04, 2010, 08:07:09 am »

If your are going to spend time working at switching or improving the bug tracker.  The first thing I would like is to just have 1 login for all things Bay2.  Make the bug tracker use the existing forum account database.  It would be nice to have it use the same cookie too, but that is generally harder.
Sadly, not possible to have them share cookies with the different domains (bay12forums.com vs. bay12games.com). They would have to be on the same overall domain for cookies to be shareable, though different subdomains would of course work.

Cross-domain federation is possible, but it's a royal pain in the butt to roll your own.  SOAP, backchannel token validation, etc, etc.  Of course, OpenID and similar technologies might work as well...
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 04, 2010, 08:42:55 am »

Is it a known bug that dwarves don't use chairs that are in the confines of a dining room?
Or that no dwarves use thier own beds.

I wish there was a way to make only certain dwaves be able to open certain doors.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 04, 2010, 11:02:47 am »

Is it a known bug that dwarves don't use chairs that are in the confines of a dining room?

I wish there was a way to make only certain dwaves be able to open certain doors.

The chairs one would probably fall under the umbrella of this one that you already reported.

The bed bug is known.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 04, 2010, 11:10:15 am »

Minor suggestion:  For 0.31.05, would it be possible for Toady to temporarily lock the thread except to certain users so Footkerchief could have a "known issues" post immediately below the announcement post?  That way he could edit that post as the bugs rear their ugly heads.  I do read entire threads, but it could be very helpful for folks who show up when a thread is 30 pages long.

Another option would be a separate, pinned known issues thread.

I'd rather not maintain a list of known issues when we have Mantis.  But it would be helpful if we launched with a link to a pre-configured filter.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 11:16:27 am by Footkerchief »

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #818 on: June 04, 2010, 11:38:35 am »

I vaguely remember seeing something about this before, but it looks like I'm missing a field in that filter or something.  It start with 138 issues, but when I apply it, I go back up in the 1000s.  I don't see immediately how to configure the available options.  I'm going to create the release thread now, but I can't link a filter until I know how to set one up or a good link is provided for me.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 04, 2010, 11:50:55 am »

It start with 138 issues, but when I apply it, I go back up in the 1000s.  I don't see immediately how to configure the available options.

Huh, yeah, this had come up earlier, where people were unable to filter by "Product Version".  I don't get the problem you described on my real account, although I do get it with my dummy test account.  I'm not sure if I had to enable anything special for that... it might be related to this Mantis bug.

In any case, I'm not sure it's the best idea to filter for just the 31.04 or 31.05 bugs -- it might mislead people into thinking that a bug wasn't reported, when it was in fact reported for a previous version.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #820 on: June 04, 2010, 11:58:09 am »

I made the bug tracker clickable in both of these threads from the OP.  Maybe that will be enough to help with duplicates, though that's always going to be a problem.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 04, 2010, 12:01:11 pm »

Yeah, that should be good enough.  Duplicates have largely died down from the April rush, so it's all good.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 04, 2010, 04:19:22 pm »

The chairs one would probably fall under the umbrella of this one that you already reported.

The bed bug is known.

I asked after I reported it because I didn't have enough time in the morning to check through all the pages of reported bugs.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 10, 2010, 07:53:08 am »

Just use the manager screen for all jobs instead of /r in the workshops
Necroing this particular point to make a counter-point that for all I know has already been raised...  Manager-tasked jobs can't (currently?) be fine tuned equivalent to doing something like assigning just your super-skilled expert(s) to one particular workshop where "Make Trade_Product (R)" is active and assigning all relevant non-experts to another workshop of that type where "Make Subsistence_Product [x7]" is the order of the day...

Or, if not actually prejudiced for/against individual dwarfs working on any particular job, ensure that (frexample) your order for statues is being accomplished in the workshop that you have previously surrounded with the pigmented stone of choice in the hope that you won't suffer too much collateral stone statues when the dwarf that gets assigned to the job starts off from in the midst of another stone...

But if you have to use the Job Manager, you can't even guarantee that the whole set of statues (or gloves or whatever) is sparked off within the right workshop without micromanaging in some way (suspending jobs that appear in the wrong place, to later cancel in the hope that they pop up on the 'right' workshop's list next time round).

But this is a problem probably many times mentioned (and maybe even with an answer that I haven't yet discovered).

But I do like the whole "Construct Wooden Beds (7) has been completed." information, so do get the Manager to help me with that sort of thing when I'm not being an utter control-freak.  (Although then I frequently end up grumbling when the manager decides to wander off and attend to his or her own needs or one of their 'moonlighting jobs', instead...)

Coucouf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 21, 2010, 04:52:41 pm »

so i suspect the following is the problem:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49921.msg1048990#msg1048990

but i dl'd all the 32-bit versions of the libraries (allbeit from sid instead of squeeze), and after satisfying ldd, I get

Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-open.c: 643: _dl_open: Assertion `_dl_debug_initialize (0, args.nsid)->r_state == RT_CONSISTENT' failed!

and teh fail. ;_;

anyone else on debian-64 bit having issues?

This is pulse going in the way one more time.
Try removing /usr/lib32/libpulse*, it solved this issue for me™.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55]