Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 55

Author Topic: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread  (Read 212740 times)

Spiral42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2010, 09:45:59 pm »

GPU unable to accomodate texture catalog

Win 7 64bit
XFX GTX 260
4gb ram
Graphics on

I'm having the same issue:

Win XP
Gigabyte GTX 260
4gb ram
graphics on - using Deon's genesis mod raws.

Edit: Tried a clean install, unmodded. Got the same error.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 09:55:37 pm by Spiral42 »
Add me on Steam: ColdSpiral

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2010, 09:46:38 pm »

Yes, yes, a Mac version! Goodbye productivity!
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.

rat_pack40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2010, 09:50:11 pm »

Just an update on my Radeon HD4200 running in shader mode, Current system specs are:
AMD Athlon II 250 overclocked to 3.6 Ghz, 1.5 GB of DDR3 1333 Ram, HD4200 at 512MB

190000 FPS on Embark, with a river, though watching it after a pause, it scrolls from 500-400000 2 to 3 times before settling back at 200000. kinda rediculous, but it's nice to know what it can do. i'm about to drop it to 250 on the cap, and enjoy some fresh dorfing.

DasGuntLord01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2010, 09:51:27 pm »

I can no longer use my mouse to designate.  Anyone else having the same issue?

kudakeru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2010, 09:58:51 pm »

For what it's worth, leaving graphics off and just setting the font file to the graphics set bmp is working (mostly) for me, using Mayday.  The tiles all work, but the dwarfs are slightly simplified.  Mouse designation is also working fine for me.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2010, 10:01:29 pm »

I have now tried three different generated worlds and about 8 aborted starts, and cannot get any sort of drinks or seeds or even plump helmets as embark options.  Nor can I get lumber.  I did manage to get buckets/crutches/splints in two of the aborted starts.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

cbpye

• Bay Watcher
  • Nerd Harder
    • View Profile
    • cbpye.net
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2010, 10:07:41 pm »

Linux version, for some reason the FPS counter is... well, it's not in the upper left.  More like the left of the upper right.  Solutions?  Bug?

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2010, 10:08:56 pm »

The linux version depends on OpenAL for no apparent reason.  The linux version has also been mistakenly compiled as i386 instead of i686.  I won't know if it works until I can find an i386 openal RPM to steal, if such a beast still exists in this world.

[edit] Okay, I have stolen an openal now.  ...What?  It needs artsd now? That can't be intentional!  It won't run in a non-KDE linux environment that way.  And with no sound at all why does it need three independent sound libraries -- SDL, artsd, and asound?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 10:22:53 pm by Corona688 »
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

qwints

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2010, 10:10:33 pm »

1. Resizing either during world gen or embark screen leaves dwarf fortress a black screen.

2. Save created from mayday version of .03 works fine.

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2010, 10:11:30 pm »

A bit of a problem here with the Mac version. When I try to run it with terminal, it first asks me whether to run it in fullscreen (as it should), then pops up a message saying "Tileset not found: data/art/curses_640x300.png". This is despite the fact that file "curses_640x300.png" is definitely inside the data/art folder, and that I have changed my init settings not to use that tileset. Can anybody help?

Edit: Turns out I was running the wrong file.  :P For posterity: you open "df" instead of "dwarfort.exe".
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 10:14:40 pm by Hummingbird »
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.

The Jackal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2010, 10:12:31 pm »

For what it's worth, leaving graphics off and just setting the font file to the graphics set bmp is working (mostly) for me, using Mayday.  The tiles all work, but the dwarfs are slightly simplified.  Mouse designation is also working fine for me.

This method works so far on my game, nice find!
"When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

"Humans are weak... but we want to live... even if we're wounded... or tortured... we feel the pain..."

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2010, 10:13:42 pm »

Reactions in order:

WHOOO
OH GOD WHAT'S HAPPENING

So, in terms of the bugs I'm getting in Dwarf Mode(Windows), in no particular order...

Changing screens at all causes the screen to flicker black. Hitting 'b' to build, 'v' to view, going back to the main menu, etc. No issue pausing and resuming.

The intro movie and title screens play extremely fast for me.

The init file suggests that the FPS indicator still goes in the top left, but play reveals it to be nestled between the "Dwarf Fortress" header and the Idler count in the top right. Is this intentional? If so, I should also mention that it obscures part of the information on the Continue Playing screen, if nowhere else.

My window is not resize friendly at all. Attempting to run the game in fullscreen leaves half of the screen cut off. In windowed mode, hitting maximize works fine, but manually resizing the window or hitting the Restore button causes the screen to turn black. The game still runs in the background, and I successfully loaded the current world blindly, but the screen remained dark. I attempted this during the main movies, during fortress play, and at the main menu.

The red close button on the window does nothing. It doesn't really interfere with gameplay at all, it's just annoying that there's a button that does nothing.

Saving the game gives me no "Saving..." screen. I thought I had frozen the game until I got kicked back to the main menu. Of course, now my fickle memory suggests that there was never a Saving screen at all...

And finally, it's taking me a while to get used to the speedy-quick FPS, but then the 184 z lvl volcano I'm playing on had me at 17 FPS, and now I'm at about 80(43). Definitely a change I can get used to :D. That's all I found in my half hour of tinkering, I'll be back with anything I find tomorrow night.

All Hail the Toady One!

Turambar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2010, 10:18:24 pm »

Shader mode working fine, have the same issue with using graphics that a lot of other people seem to be having.  Mine actually made it all the way past the intro sequence and crashed when i hit the button for generating a new world according to parameters.  I was attempting to use rantingrodent's package (altered the resolution lines to use tiles instead of pixels)

(Nvidia Geforce 8800Ultra, Q6600, 4gb RAM, Vista 64 Ultimate)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 11:45:38 pm by Turambar »

ManaUser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2010, 10:23:05 pm »

Has anyone else noticed that the Shift+Direction fast move commands no longer work? Or is it just me.

Linux version, for some reason the FPS counter is... well, it's not in the upper left.  More like the left of the upper right.  Solutions?  Bug?
Sounds like that's intentional, I consider it an improvement, but a little ways back Toady said he could make the position adjustable in the init.
Akur Akir Akam!

Turambar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2010, 10:24:42 pm »

Has anyone else noticed that the Shift+Direction fast move commands no longer work? Or is it just me.

i confirm shift + direction working on my computer.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 55