Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 55

Author Topic: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread  (Read 212710 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread
« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2010, 10:25:17 pm »

Has anyone else noticed that the Shift+Direction fast move commands no longer work? Or is it just me.

i confirm shift + direction working on my computer.
I can confirm it works too.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

E-l337

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2010, 10:25:25 pm »

I have to say, I was a little put off by the window-sizing thing at first, because it didn't work properly. However, now that I see how it's supposed to work, all I can say is, holy crap Toady, you are awesome! Being able to change the amount of area I can see just by dragging the corners of the window is everything I ever wanted in DF. Thank you so much for giving me the power to change that! Windowed mode is so much more awesome now.

Also, using Curses 800x600 seems to work a lot better than the smaller one, for some odd reason, but I'll roll with that. Thanks again for all your hard work man, you rule!

*edit*

Also, just discovered the mouse zoom by complete accident. Definitely one of the best things to happen to DF in a long time. Also seeing a tremendous speed increase over the previous version. Now I can't wait to get through the next season so all those damned corpses rot!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 10:27:11 pm by E-l337 »

silantrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 16, 2010, 10:28:02 pm »

sweetness.

graphics don't work here; crash when attempting to leave the title screen. Intro and title screen work fine.

Intel I7 920 2.67 MHz Quad
NVidia GeForce 9800GTX+ by EVGA
6 gigs of DDR3 RAM

and the kicker...

Win 7 64 bit

DUN DUN DUN....

DF seems to not like 64 bit systems, it seems.

Turned graphics off and played a nice embark for the past couple hours, when it crashed in summer when I built some farm plots, selected one in the "q" menu, selected plump helmets, then switched to spring. No plants were highlighted, the game stopped responding for about 2 seconds, then crashed. don't know if that's new or not, but I think I heard about some problems with farming before so probably not. Still, I've never encountered any till now, so...

Also, my intro played fine. Totally normal. I left my FPS caps alone, and turned off FPS display, but it didn't seem any faster than normal.

When I embarked, after I set up my dwarves and hit enter at the "strike the earth!" screen, it went black. About 15-20 seconds later, the game started. It kinda scared me, but it ended up okay.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2010, 10:34:07 pm »

Linux version, running on Debian 5.0 (i386).

It's SO fast.  My god.  So fast.  I'm accustomed to playing the Windows version in Wine, and this is about 100 times as fast.

I didn't have libsndfile1 installed when I first tried running it, so it wouldn't run due to missing that library.  There's a libsndfile.so in the libs dir, but the program wants libsndfile.so.1.  I renamed it, and set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable for the invocation, and it started up.  Later, I installed the libsndfile1 package, and then it ran without LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

The df shell script uses $* but it should be using "$@" (with quotes) instead.  Not a huge deal, probably, but it will matter if anyone ever needs to pass a parameter with white space in it.

There's no functioning sound for me.  I get these messages:
Code: [Select]
Sound devices available:
ALSA Software on default
ALSA Software on VIA 8237
ALSA Software on Audigy 1 ES [SB0160]
OSS Software
Wave File Writer
Picking ALSA Software on default. If your desired device was missing, make sure you have the appropriate 32-bit libraries installed. If you wanted a different device, configure ~/.openalrc appropriately.
Perfect OpenAL context attributes GET
Loading bindings from data/init/interface.txt
data/sound/song_title.ogg not found, sound not loaded
data/sound/song_game.ogg not found, sound not loaded
GPU does not support non-power-of-two textures, using 512x512 catalog.
GPU does not support non-power-of-two textures, using 512x512 catalog.
data/sound/baystart.ogg not found, sound not loaded
data/sound/baybeyond.ogg not found, sound not loaded
data/sound/bayquality.ogg not found, sound not loaded
data/sound/bayend.ogg not found, sound not loaded
data/sound/DFINTRO.ogg not found, sound not loaded
data/sound/DFPICK.ogg not found, sound not loaded
data/sound/DFRUBBLE.ogg not found, sound not loaded
data/sound/DFINTROEND.ogg not found, sound not loaded

I don't understand the "not found" messages.  Those files exist, relative to the running directory, and appear to be spelled properly.  I played one of the oggs with mplayer, and it played without errors.  'Tis a mystery.

I have not touched the init files or anything (yet).  I started a whole new world from scratch, with all default settings.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

The Jackal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2010, 10:36:21 pm »

I need someone else to try this so please help me out. If you have the "GPU unable to accomodate texture catalog" problem, in the graphics portion of the init set [GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:NO] and see if it works.
"When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

"Humans are weak... but we want to live... even if we're wounded... or tortured... we feel the pain..."

Duke Drake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 16, 2010, 10:40:30 pm »

I need someone else to try this so please help me out. If you have the "GPU unable to accomodate texture catalog" problem, in the graphics portion of the init set [GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:NO] and see if it works.

Negative.

Dremoraar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 16, 2010, 10:43:19 pm »

It doesn't work.

Also, i find the zoom function a bit strange...is ALL the screen, including the list of command and the bar on the top supposed to zoom?

voneiden

• Bay Watcher
  • hngh
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2010, 10:43:58 pm »

The linux version depends on OpenAL for no apparent reason.  The linux version has also been mistakenly compiled as i386 instead of i686.  I won't know if it works until I can find an i386 openal RPM to steal, if such a beast still exists in this world.
Mine was just fine with 686 OpenAL libraries.
[edit] Okay, I have stolen an openal now.  ...What?  It needs artsd now? That can't be intentional!  It won't run in a non-KDE linux environment that way.  And with no sound at all why does it need three independent sound libraries -- SDL, artsd, and asound?

artsd? not for me it does.  I have nothing KDE related installed. Maybe it's because of your ancient openal library (?). I'm running Arch64.

Turned graphics off and played a nice embark for the past couple hours, when it crashed in summer when I built some farm plots, selected one in the "q" menu, selected plump helmets, then switched to spring. No plants were highlighted, the game stopped responding for about 2 seconds, then crashed. don't know if that's new or not, but I think I heard about some problems with farming before so probably not. Still, I've never encountered any till now, so...

I think that was already reported in the 40d# series, yep.

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 16, 2010, 10:50:05 pm »

[edit] Okay, I have stolen an openal now.  ...What?  It needs artsd now? That can't be intentional!  It won't run in a non-KDE linux environment that way.  And with no sound at all why does it need three independent sound libraries -- SDL, artsd, and asound?

artsd? not for me it does.  I have nothing KDE related installed. Maybe it's because of your ancient openal library (?). I'm running Arch64.
It's possible.  Could you upload or attach your 32-bit asound library please?  I'm running a 64-bit system with no 32-bit arts.
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

The Jackal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 16, 2010, 10:50:52 pm »

Oh... I seem to have been looking at my .03 and not .04 version when I said [GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:NO] worked for me. I thought I was using the new game but oh well sorry about that.
"When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

"Humans are weak... but we want to live... even if we're wounded... or tortured... we feel the pain..."

Duke Drake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 16, 2010, 11:00:45 pm »

The site finder seems to be working strangely. Seems to just sit still, but if I hold down either mouse button within the DF window, it begins churning through sites quickly.

Replicated here as well. Very odd.
Also odd is, while holding the mouse button down, it appears that it only updates the screen when the finder changes sectors.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 16, 2010, 11:08:31 pm »

I'm not sure what to classify this as:

First fort in 31.04, I went to save and there was no indication of the save happening on OSX.

At first I thought the game crashed.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

blastrogath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2010, 11:09:41 pm »

All I want is square tiles and a decent aspect ratio on my window.
[WINDOWEDX:80]
[WINDOWEDY:50]
[FONT:curses_square_16x16.png]
All I changed was Y from 25 to 50 and the font to curses square 16x16.  It changes the window size, but not the number of tiles.  I don't want theatre bars or tall tiles!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

voneiden

• Bay Watcher
  • hngh
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 16, 2010, 11:13:05 pm »

It's possible.  Could you upload or attach your 32-bit asound library please?  I'm running a 64-bit system with no 32-bit arts.

I used this one: http://mirror.archlinux.fi/archlinux/community/os/x86_64/lib32-openal-1.12.854-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
As a side note: GRAPHICS:NO gives me triple FPS compared to 0.31.03.

GRAPHICS:YES fails like with most people with the GPU error WHEN I try to load a game.  Intro and main menu works fine with GRAPHICS:YES. 40d# versions work just fine on this system with graphics enabled.

System: Arch Linux 64-bit on a HP 6735s laptop
CPU: AMD SI-42 2.1Ghz
Video: Radeon HD 3200 (drivers: official catalyst)
Memory: 2GB

Getting 160 fps with almost 40 dwarves. Kicks ass compared to the old 40-50 fps. And this is, again, with  GRAPHICS:NO.

(Sound works too just fine)

The last thing outputted to stdout is

GPU does not support non-power-of-two textures, using 2048x2048 catalog. Sounds like a huge catalog. Sounds kinda related to the problem "unable to accommodate texture catalog"

EDIT: oh, maybe not. It's been randomly showing up as 512x512 too, and the problem remains.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 12:01:07 am by voneiden »

blastrogath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 16, 2010, 11:19:36 pm »

All I want is square tiles and a decent aspect ratio on my window.
[WINDOWEDX:80]
[WINDOWEDY:50]
[FONT:curses_square_16x16.png]
All I changed was Y from 25 to 50 and the font to curses square 16x16.  It changes the window size, but not the number of tiles.  I don't want theatre bars or tall tiles!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

WOOT, figured out a workaround!  [BLACK_SPACE:YES] messes it up, no clue why!  If you have the dreaded black bars, set this to NO.

I suspect it has something to do with the movie though, since it's the ONLY part of the whole thing that ends up getting stretched.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 55