Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 55

Author Topic: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread  (Read 211305 times)

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread
« Reply #165 on: May 17, 2010, 02:01:32 am »

WOOHOO. THIS IS WONDERFUL. Now to load my latest vanilla save in 31.04!
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2010, 02:08:44 am »

Thank you Toady!

I'll raise mug of beer for your honor!

Oh, and the game... it's fast... really fast...  :o ;D
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

SmogMonster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 17, 2010, 02:13:33 am »

Things seem to work fine on Mac (OS X 10.6.3) if I use graphics OFF, but turning them on (only tested in STANDARD mode) I get a crash after the main menu.  Tested with worldgen and starting a new game. 

Code: [Select]
Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  2

Thread 2 Crashed:
0   libGL.dylib                    0x962a44c5 glDeleteTextures + 27
1   dwarfort.exe                  0x00a03663 0x1000 + 10495587

Thread 2 crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):
  eax: 0x00000001  ebx: 0x00a046a3  ecx: 0x01585600  edx: 0x00000000
  edi: 0x00000010  esi: 0x01585600  ebp: 0xb020e018  esp: 0xb020e000
   ss: 0x0000001f  efl: 0x00010286  eip: 0x962a44c5   cs: 0x00000017
   ds: 0x0000001f   es: 0x0000001f   fs: 0x0000001f   gs: 0x00000037
  cr2: 0x00000000

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 17, 2010, 02:14:32 am »

Yes. Partial:2 is slow, and the graphics dont update nearly as fast as half the scroll menus/game screen movement, and a higher number induces much fps kill. Havent tried 2d yet, though. GFPS is 20, like it was in .03. Ill do some more fiddling.

kudakeru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 17, 2010, 02:26:17 am »

I've run into a bug in the stocks screen where any time I try to move to the stones line to see how much ore/fuel I have, it hangs for a second and then skips to the next line up or down (depending on which direction I was coming from).

BubbaBrown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2010, 02:28:04 am »

Error: "GPU unable to accomodate texture catalog. Retry without graphical tiles, update your drivers, or better yet update your GPU."

Video card: Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 AGP 4X/8X HDCP Ready Video Card, Catalyst v9.6
Operating System: Windows XP Pro 32bit, with SP2 update.

I can play Crysis, Borderlands, Mass Effect 2, and Supreme Commander 2 on my computer.

Ditto.   Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB.

Foxbyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 17, 2010, 02:28:25 am »

I've run into a bug in the stocks screen where any time I try to move to the stones line to see how much ore/fuel I have, it hangs for a second and then skips to the next line up or down (depending on which direction I was coming from).

Don't hit the button more than once. ;) That little lagspike's been common if you have a LOT for the game to take in.
There is an engraving of three dwarves in a dining room. The third dwarf is a soaper.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 17, 2010, 02:59:42 am »

Right.. sorry, GRAPHICS:ON is not going to work. I wrote the code without reference to an actual working DF, and the graphical output was one thing I couldn't replicate.

I'll get it fixed though, probably on Wednesday, so for now just keep it off?

And yes, "file not found" errors relating to the oggs are frequently just due to your libsndfile not reading ogg. I should clarify those messages.

..lots of interesting bugs, I'm sure going to have fun. Hm. Would anyone object if I made DF automatically turn off num lock?
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

KoFish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 17, 2010, 03:02:31 am »

Would anyone object if I made DF automatically turn off num lock?

Yes! I really don't like any application that does stuff like that automatically... could be ok if warning about it.

DDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Frogatto
« Reply #174 on: May 17, 2010, 03:06:20 am »

As long as you turn it back on outside of the window, it's fine. Could you make capslock perma-off, too? I occasionally hit it when I mean to hit 'a', and it takes me some time to find out why my keys don't work anymore.

New version works great, here on WinXP. I haven't had the heart to try DF out on Mandriva Linux yet, though. I probably will, one of these days. ;)

Thanks!
Il Palazzo: "Urist, quick, grab your ax! There's a troll rampaging through the decimal conversion chambers!"
melomel: DF is like OCD candy, isn't it? existent: No, DF is like the stranger in the trench coat offering the candy.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 17, 2010, 03:19:20 am »

Right.. sorry, GRAPHICS:ON is not going to work. I wrote the code without reference to an actual working DF, and the graphical output was one thing I couldn't replicate.

Should people keep posting their OS/hardware specs on the bug report, or do you have this one figured out?

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 17, 2010, 03:24:11 am »

Hi!

First of all, thanks for the update, Toady One. Your hard work is really appreciated.

I have not done any actual playing yet, as the humans died out in world gen, but other than that, I got a very beautiful world, so I hope to start playing soon (just need to get the humans to live a bit longer).

However, I also noted that toggling between full screen and windowed mode using F11 does not work. It seems to change the font, but the game remains in full screen (which is my default).

Other than that, no unusual things noticed yet.

Deathworks

runiq

• Bay Watcher
  • Jabber: runiq at draugr dot de
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art account.
« Reply #177 on: May 17, 2010, 03:28:50 am »

I'm trying to start DF on my Arch64 box (32-bit chroot) and encountered three issues so far:

1. A weird locale issue:
(process:5546): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
Using the fallback 'C' locale.

2. DF ignoring my "-sound_output OSS" switch. I tried putting it in the launcher script, I tried issuing it at the command line itself, I tried several combinations of underscores, hyphens and capitalization – DF always wanted to use ALSA, even though OSS was listed as a viable output.

3. The following comes up whenever I start DF:
(process:7031): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
Using the fallback 'C' locale.
Sound devices available:
ALSA Software
OSS Software
Picking ALSA Software. If your desired device was missing, make sure you have the appropriate 32-bit libraries installed. If you wanted a different device, configure ~/.openalrc appropriately.
ALSA lib confmisc.c:768:(parse_card) cannot find card '0'
(--lots of other ALSA-related error messages--)
Initializing OpenAL failed, no sound will be played
Loading bindings from data/init/interface.txt

(dwarfort.exe:7031): Pango-WARNING **: failed to choose a font, expect ugly output. engine-type='PangoRenderFc', script='latin'
Then I get a GTK error dialog with all boxes instead of proper letters:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

…and DF is gone.

Does anyone have an idea how I could at least get the error dialog to display properly?

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 17, 2010, 03:38:16 am »

Should people keep posting their OS/hardware specs on the bug report, or do you have this one figured out?
I've got it.

Really should get a mantis account sometime soon, but I appreciate it. :)
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of Tin
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 17, 2010, 03:42:16 am »

First of all, thanks for all your work Toady.

And now to the bug reporting: (Ubuntu 9.04)
1) With Compiz on none of the drawing modes work, they all flicker horribly. With Metacity Partial:N is also horrible (but instead of flickering it seems like it simply doesn't erase the previous screen and so you get a sort of motion blur effect). VBO and FRAME_BUFFER both crash the game in both cases (this is the probably fault of my lame builtin Intel graphics card.)
All the working modes under Metacity produce lame graphic framerates (~30), I'm not sure if this is the fault of my lame graphics card or not, I can't compare to 40d since it didn't tell you how many graphical frames were drawn.

2) No sound. I tried all four options (not selecting anything and all three commandline selectable options) and none work. I think that df ignores my choice. Here's what I get when running with -sound_output OSS :
Sound devices available:
ALSA Software on default
ALSA Software on HDA Intel
OSS Software
Wave File Writer
Picking ALSA Software on default. If your desired device was missing, make sure you have the appropriate 32-bit libraries installed. If you wanted a different device, configure ~/.openalrc appropriately.
Perfect OpenAL context attributes GET
Loading bindings from data/init/interface.txt
data/sound/song_title.ogg not found, sound not loaded
data/sound/song_game.ogg not found, sound not loaded
data/sound/baystart.ogg not found, sound not loaded
data/sound/baybeyond.ogg not found, sound not loaded
data/sound/bayquality.ogg not found, sound not loaded
data/sound/bayend.ogg not found, sound not loaded
data/sound/DFINTRO.ogg not found, sound not loaded
data/sound/DFPICK.ogg not found, sound not loaded
data/sound/DFRUBBLE.ogg not found, sound not loaded
data/sound/DFINTROEND.ogg not found, sound not loaded

Notice how it chose ALSA in spite of me specifying OSS?
But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 55