Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 55

Author Topic: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread  (Read 212029 times)

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread
« Reply #585 on: May 25, 2010, 07:01:36 pm »

This is not the right place, but it's in a place that is likely to be noticed...

The bug tracker page has this at the top:
SYSTEM WARNING: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_jivba1t9mltkhrt8ngfo0b7ed6, O_RDWR) failed: Disk quota exceeded (122)

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 25, 2010, 07:43:41 pm »

This is not the right place, but it's in a place that is likely to be noticed...

SYSTEM WARNING: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_jivba1t9mltkhrt8ngfo0b7ed6, O_RDWR) failed: Disk quota exceeded (122)

That will show up if you aren't logged in when you follow Footkerchief's link. Log in and you should go right through.

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 25, 2010, 08:06:47 pm »

Am I the only one who seems to have worse frame rates with this version? 

Additionally, it takes forever and half a day to create a new world, specifically in the 'offloading units' department. 
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 25, 2010, 08:27:34 pm »

Additionally, it takes forever and half a day to create a new world, specifically in the 'offloading units' department.

I have it as well, and i have a Dual 2.4 Ghz, 3 gig ram too.

it is confusing.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Josiwe

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 25, 2010, 08:48:24 pm »

After the show-stopper bugs get fixed Toady may be able to look into issues like that - assuming they aren't fixed as a side effect of other bug fixes - but the best way to ensure that it at least gets looked at is to search the bugtracker for the related bug and add your details, like your system specs and any other notes you think might be relevant.

bungler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 25, 2010, 11:45:38 pm »

OK, so this works great for me - it's not that much faster than using Baughn's DF accelerator hack, but it works great.

Thing is, I can't get to items in the Stocks window that have more than a few thousand entries. It skips straight past them as if I've hit up (or down) twice. ...

Where you able to resolve this?

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 26, 2010, 01:43:40 am »

That will show up if you aren't logged in when you follow Footkerchief's link. Log in and you should go right through.

That's not it, I'm logged in.  It's acting like the server doesn't have enough space to do something.
SYSTEM WARNING: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_99fe0802a6b22498b6f35152afba3eb6, O_RDWR) failed: Disk quota exceeded (122)

Logged in as: HammerDave (David - reporter)   2010-05-25 23:40 PDT   RSS

koitsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 26, 2010, 01:57:40 am »

PHP on the web server is set up to use server-side sessions (e.g. session/cookie data stored in files on the server, on the /tmp filesystem).  The filesystem /tmp is out of space.  The server administrator should fix the space issue and also tune php.ini properly to reap/expire old sessions more often.  There's also a good possibility that the PHP scripts on the system (e.g. this board) isn't properly calling session_destroy() when it should, meaning it ends up leaving files in /tmp.
Making life hard for others since 1977.

koitsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 26, 2010, 02:03:05 am »

Have you tried adjusting the "PRINT_MODE" parameter in data\init\init.txt to be something other than "STANDARD"?  The comments in the file preceding the PRINT_MODE declaration give some insight to possible values.  I tend to recommend 2D or 2DASYNC, but it greatly depends on what model of video card you have (nVidia vs. ATI vs. Intel usually).  This thread goes over the development and introduction of said feature (it's not your fault you weren't following it; and I'm not being sarcastic):

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=51957.0

Creating a new world takes a long time for me too.  I'm really not too worried about this, but it does seem to be a concern for folks on laptop systems (CPU + GPU stress combination resulting in overheating).
Making life hard for others since 1977.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 26, 2010, 02:56:52 am »

I'd love to take a gander at the bugtracker. Captcha doesn't load though :/

Narmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 26, 2010, 03:28:09 am »

OK, so this works great for me - it's not that much faster than using Baughn's DF accelerator hack, but it works great.

Thing is, I can't get to items in the Stocks window that have more than a few thousand entries. It skips straight past them as if I've hit up (or down) twice. ...

Where you able to resolve this?

I was not, and I haven't seen it mentioned here or elsewhere for now.  Although I haven't tried messing around with the key_repeat delay in the init.  Sort of a minor bug, but I want to be able to see how much Bituminous Coal I've got left again!

Anyone else having this problem?  To reproduce, just create 4000+ of any type of item and then try to go to it in Stocks.  Easiest with stones in the course of any normal fort, although you could embark with thousands of something cheap and seven starving peasants just to create this effect!

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 26, 2010, 03:38:04 am »

Mantis should be fine now. There was an infinity of spam email, in the mail server toady didn't know was running... pushed it over the file-count limit.

Um, yeah. It's dead now.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 26, 2010, 03:45:16 am »

Anyone else having this problem?  To reproduce, just create 4000+ of any type of item and then try to go to it in Stocks.  Easiest with stones in the course of any normal fort, although you could embark with thousands of something cheap and seven starving peasants just to create this effect!

It's a known bug.

Mantis should be fine now. There was an infinity of spam email, in the mail server toady didn't know was running... pushed it over the file-count limit.

Um, yeah. It's dead now.

Dang, that's random.  Thanks for getting that fixed.

Kazang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 26, 2010, 06:48:12 am »

I have it as well, and i have a Dual 2.4 Ghz, 3 gig ram too.

it is confusing.

This is easy to fix.

Remove the fps cap when generating worlds, then put it back on when you go to embark.  For some reason the fps cap is applied to back end calculations like offloading units in .04

I've reported this as a bug although he probably figured out why it was slowing down anyway.

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 26, 2010, 07:52:12 am »

Speaking of FPS caps:  does anyone else have their FPS counter located in the center-right of their screen?  Mine is no longer in the left hand portion and it blocks the dates in the status screen. 
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 55