Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 55

Author Topic: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread  (Read 211358 times)

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
Re: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread
« Reply #615 on: May 26, 2010, 07:07:31 pm »

Bug fixed: Graphics mode not working. Possible performance degradation in loading phase; looking at that. I don't know, maybe it's supposed to be this slow.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 26, 2010, 07:11:00 pm »

Workaround until 31.05:
Any outlook on 31.05 you're willing to share?  I fly out on Saturday for 10 DF-less days and wanna know if I can kick the 31.05 tires before I leave.

If there is anything a Legendary Software Engineer can do to help, feel free to PM.   :D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 07:12:35 pm by HammerDave »

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 26, 2010, 07:12:20 pm »

Toady's on vacation right now until June, so it won't be until after that, sorry.

Feel free to play Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor instead. ^_^

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 26, 2010, 07:13:59 pm »

I'm quite content with 31.04, just working around the most glaring bugs and saving frequently.  :D :D

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 26, 2010, 07:17:56 pm »

31.04 bug: Key binding changes made in game are not saved between session.

Update: Key bindings made at the master list (Play game, generate world, etc) also are not saved between sessions.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 08:10:25 pm by Lord Darkstar »
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 26, 2010, 07:19:23 pm »

After setting the key, you have to choose the save and exit option, or it will not be saved.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Narmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 26, 2010, 09:34:48 pm »

Hey Baughn, re: the new (well, new as of d18/d19/whatever) FPS counter, I was wondering why bother to calculate simulation-FPS while paused at all?  It's really silly to see 300,000 simulation-FPS or whatever, and of course it's constantly changing, which makes it all the more obvious.  And then, sicne the new system uses a running average (which is great btw), it means you can't get a real FPS number for a while after unpausing.  I know it's just constantly running the game thread, going "Are we paused?  OK, not doing anything.  Are we still paused?" and so on.  But we users don't really see that as the game simulation running a few hundred thousand times a second, despite the fact that the simulation *loop* is running that fast. 

The game's internal FPS while paused should either be 0, infinite or undefined.  In practice that probably means putting just "-" as the displayed FPS while paused.  Alternatively, displaying the last known unpaused framerate might be an option.  And definitely exclude paused framerates from calculating the running average, even if that means starting the averaging again every time you unpause.

Just a small issue, not at all high priority.  But it would add some polish. 

Thanks for all your work, Baughn.

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 26, 2010, 10:38:14 pm »

After setting the key, you have to choose the save and exit option, or it will not be saved.

I am. The game shows the bindings correctly after the change. Exit game, start again, bindings are reset. They aren't being saved out. I have to MANUALLY edit the keybinding file, and that itself causes the enter key to stop working (unless you put in a new blank entry at the start of the file).
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 26, 2010, 10:44:29 pm »

WATER is washing away mud. Not good when you are trying to re-mud a farm chamber that got some of its mud eradicated when the room was cleaned after a fight with a beserking farmer.

Note: This is in an ALREADY cleaned room. I had to "Construct" a floor over where I needed to remud, unconstruct the floor. Then wet it again. No problem. But I had a couple of squares that would sometimes not get wet if the water spread in an odd way. So it took me a few cycles of watering the room to get it all muddied. But I noticed an ODD thing--- the floor tiles near the irrigation duct? They LOST their mud. Apparently, mud goes "dusting", "small pile", "pile", and then "ERASED". The formerly muddy squares are are acting like they have been cleaned, and will not get muddy. So here I go again at building a floor, lifting the floor, and remuddying the room.

Not good. And I watched the room after the first freaky disappearance of mud off a muddy tile. No dwarves ran in to clean them. Just getting them wet would (rarely) cause all the mud to disappear.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 26, 2010, 11:15:37 pm »

I would also like to point out that if you floor over a Up/Down staircase, then unconstruct the floor AFTER it is built, you end up with a down staircase. Probably a bit realistic, if even a bug, though. If you have to floor over something, your only going to have to remove the top half.

S31-Syntax

• Bay Watcher
  • Favorite Rock: Obsidian
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 26, 2010, 11:55:13 pm »

I'm getting a consistent crash when removing buildings from my bookkeeper's office... I'll try and narrow which ones are doing it, if indeed its a single building, but its quite annoying and unpredictable beyond the usual "this room causes issues" for me.
Obsidian! the only rock that can be MADE by dwarfs!

...also it appears to have resulted in the dead crundle on top of my trade depot exploding, causing it do deconstruct.  Huh.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 27, 2010, 03:54:49 am »

Narmio: I can't tell when the game is paused, see. That's why.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 27, 2010, 05:15:23 am »

Quick poll: Who would like key repeats to accelerate a bit once you've held the key down for a second or two?

I would, of course, make it configurable.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 27, 2010, 05:28:06 am »

Hi!

Quick poll: Who would like key repeats to accelerate a bit once you've held the key down for a second or two?

I would, of course, make it configurable.

I, for one, would not be interested in that - the times when I need to repeat a key a substantial number of times are quite rare and I usually care more about precision.

However, fiddling around with the key repeat may solve the problem people have had with the oversensitive key repeat in the stock screen around entries with lots of items.

Deathworks

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 27, 2010, 05:34:26 am »

Well, the key I'm interested in repeating is mainly the macro playback key. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 55