Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 55

Author Topic: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread  (Read 211286 times)

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread
« Reply #630 on: May 27, 2010, 05:40:18 am »

Deathworks pretty much sums my opinion of the key repeat idea as well.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Narmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 27, 2010, 05:49:21 am »

Narmio: I can't tell when the game is paused, see. That's why.
That is a good reason!

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 27, 2010, 05:58:57 am »

For the linux users: http://brage.info/~svein/df-head.tar.bz2 should have the most grievous bugs fixed.

Which is to say: A large performance improvement and graphics mode can both be yours, for the low, low price of $0.00
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Kamil

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 27, 2010, 06:03:23 am »

Quick poll: Who would like key repeats to accelerate a bit once you've held the key down for a second or two?

I would, of course, make it configurable.

It couldn't hurt with an on/off switch, but I don't believe it's something worth spending much time on.

Well, the key I'm interested in repeating is mainly the macro playback key. ;)

For now it's possible to record a playback of a loaded macro. With every playback during the recording, the macro is executed additional times.
It's kinda weird, but it works :)

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 27, 2010, 07:08:18 am »

Quick poll: Who would like key repeats to accelerate a bit once you've held the key down for a second or two?

I would like the plus/minus button to be like that on the embark screen, or a way of typing in the number of things we want.

wurli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 27, 2010, 07:56:35 am »

For the linux users: http://brage.info/~svein/df-head.tar.bz2 should have the most grievous bugs fixed.

Which is to say: A large performance improvement and graphics mode can both be yours, for the low, low price of $0.00

thank you!
works like a charm

had a missing shared lib (libjpeg.so.8 ), but fixed it.

Huw_Dawson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 27, 2010, 09:14:25 am »

Baughn, am I right in thinking you're fixing bugs pertaining to Toady's deployment of your graphics code so he can put it all into 31.05?

If that's the case, June is going to be as neat as all heck - Minecraft gets multiplayer Survival Mode and DF gets a nice and clean merge. :D
Urist takes over shop
Materials he has not
Pants now adorn halls

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 27, 2010, 10:16:05 am »

Cool, here's to hoping it works good!

Hmm, get my linux virtual machine going before leaving on the trip, or wait for the windows version after?   :-\
I wonder how my wife would react if I got moody and withdrew from society...   ;D

To include something on-topic:
The repeat that gets faster might be useful in limited situations.  That used to be a standard feature on some computer I had, don't remember which one.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 10:18:06 am by HammerDave »

JeP

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 27, 2010, 11:04:57 am »

I don't know if this was used in the 40d16 version of the game, but I was able to select a lot of stuffs to trade just by pressing down+enter for a while and that was pretty handy.

If it could allow the same usage in the 31.x version, I'd totally vote for it !

timbojones

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 27, 2010, 11:47:23 am »

After setting the key, you have to choose the save and exit option, or it will not be saved.

I am. The game shows the bindings correctly after the change. Exit game, start again, bindings are reset.

1) Start DF and go to the main menu
2) Hit ESC and select keybindings.  You see Macros, General, etc.
3) Go into one of the keybindings submenus
4) Add bindings, remove bindings to your preference
5) Hit ESC.  This brings you out of the keybindings menu completely.  DF knows about your new keybindings but they are only changed in memory, not on disc.
6) Return to the keybindings main screen
7) Select Save and Exit

The bug here is that step 5 should take you up one level rather than out of the keybindings screen completely.  You have to go back in to keybindings to save the new settings to disk.

Update: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2084
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 12:03:27 pm by timbojones »

armrha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 27, 2010, 11:49:14 am »

I'd love this. Especially for the embark screen.

akd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 27, 2010, 11:50:02 am »

If this somehow was addressed somewhere else then I apologize, but since this problem didn't exist with Toady's 0.31.04, and your new version was only posted this morning...
Anyway, I get this immediately when running the program.

./dwarfort.exe: symbol lookup error: /home/myname/games/df2010_04/libs/libstdc++.so.6: undefined symbol: _ZNSt7num_getIcSt19istreambuf_iteratorIcSt11char_traitsIcEEE2idE, version GLIBCXX_3.4

If this was simply a case of missing library I probably could figure it out, but this at a glance seems to be a problem with one of the packaged libs.. which is strange if no one else had that problem.
Running x86_64 OpenSUSE 11.2. Any ideas?

armrha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 27, 2010, 11:54:17 am »

Did you inflate it over the zip for Linux in the first post in this thread? Head zips are just changes...

akd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 27, 2010, 11:58:45 am »

Yes, it's in the same folder. The new executable gives that error. Before I was in the same boat with everyone else who had it working fine except for graphics:YES.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 27, 2010, 12:28:18 pm »

What version of glibc/libstdc++ do you have installed?

Also, try removing the libstdc++ in libs/.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 55