Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Military System

(1/8) > >>

sinister87:
Ok, honestly I have no problems with the military system, it just takes time to learn about it. So could you people tell me what your problem is, cuz I'm not seeing it.

Rex_Nex:
Ok, my dwarves do not pick up equipment. Ever. At lower then 20 dwarves, they refuse and just keep training. At higher, the arsenal dwarf fails to come, and if he ever does, none of my military dwarves show up to grab equipment. Therefor, I have 14 legendary wrestlers that cant take a single ambush.

What is your answer, mistar sinistar... 87

derekiv:
I have had the trouble you mentioned. My only trouble is marksdwarves. They fail at everything.

sinister87:

--- Quote from: Rex_Nex on May 16, 2010, 08:26:06 pm ---Ok, my dwarves do not pick up equipment. Ever. At lower then 20 dwarves, they refuse and just keep training. At higher, the arsenal dwarf fails to come, and if he ever does, none of my military dwarves show up to grab equipment. Therefor, I have 14 legendary wrestlers that cant take a single ambush.

--- End quote ---

How did you assign the weapons? Did you change your squads to Inactive? My dwarves only pick up their equipment when I give them an order.

Zebra2:

--- Quote from: Rex_Nex on May 16, 2010, 08:26:06 pm ---Ok, my dwarves do not pick up equipment. Ever. At lower then 20 dwarves, they refuse and just keep training. At higher, the arsenal dwarf fails to come, and if he ever does, none of my military dwarves show up to grab equipment. Therefor, I have 14 legendary wrestlers that cant take a single ambush.

--- End quote ---
Arsenal dwarves are not nobles that migrate to your fort, you assign them.

I've had success training up legendary squads with top notch equipment that I had assigned.

I suppose people complain about the complexity, which just takes getting used to. There were also a number of bugs upon the initial release. Now, when you see someone complaining about how broken the military is, more often than not, the problem is that they just don't know how to use it but blame it on bugs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version