Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 395 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 878

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 967252 times)

radialmonster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.05v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Improved V and Sand)
« Reply #1710 on: March 07, 2012, 07:53:07 pm »

so i have a pre 34.05 world that i'm carrying over into 34.05.  On subsequent phoebus preinstalled releases should I never run the save game updater now from now on? Or now that I have opened my world in 34.05 and saved it it will be ok to run the updater?

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: March 07, 2012, 08:12:06 pm »

so i have a pre 34.05 world that i'm carrying over into 34.05.  On subsequent phoebus preinstalled releases should I never run the save game updater now from now on? Or now that I have opened my world in 34.05 and saved it it will be ok to run the updater?
Never update that savegame.
The DF savegame system is designed so you don't need to update.
The reason why I tell people to update is so they can benefit from improvements to the raws, such as new creature tiles or changes to tileset association in the raws.
It's just graphic improvements, nothing to ditch or break your fort over.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: March 07, 2012, 08:31:24 pm »

Phoebus, I only see one bug report (#0005097) for this, so I'm going to add a link in that report in Mantis to your posts showing what is going on.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: March 07, 2012, 08:33:38 pm »

If you guys want any other fonts, I do have this lovely Medici-type.....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

:P

Although I guess if you added BlackAdder for s's and g's......

Spoiler: MY EYES! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 08:38:48 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: March 07, 2012, 09:04:19 pm »

DF 0.34.05 raws are not compatible with worlds generated with DF 0.34.04 or earlier
If you want to use your old savegames in 0.34.05, do NOT update your savegame raws.

You may want to put this in the thread title temporarily or something.  A lot of people (not just in that thread) aren't reading the fine print, and are confused about why they're getting crashes after updating their save.

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #1715 on: March 08, 2012, 12:26:10 am »

DF 0.34.05 raws are not compatible with worlds generated with DF 0.34.04 or earlier
If you want to use your old savegames in 0.34.05, do NOT update your savegame raws.

You may want to put this in the thread title temporarily or something.  A lot of people (not just in that thread) aren't reading the fine print, and are confused about why they're getting crashes after updating their save.

Toady wrote:
Note that any old vanilla saves you move over will have a short error log on load for their broken eyelid raws.  This isn't a big deal, and you can either update the body detail plan file or just leave it.  New saves won't have this problem.
Which seems to indicate they are compatible you just need to update that. Any idea how to update it?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: March 08, 2012, 01:11:27 am »

Spoiler: MY EYES! (click to show/hide)
That would be really cool...right up until you got past the title screen. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: March 08, 2012, 05:35:03 am »

Toady wrote:
Note that any old vanilla saves you move over will have a short error log on load for their broken eyelid raws.  This isn't a big deal, and you can either update the body detail plan file or just leave it.  New saves won't have this problem.
Which seems to indicate they are compatible you just need to update that. Any idea how to update it?

There's a working fix in that thread. Update all raws, then copy the RCP_2_EYELIDS section and call the copy RCP_EYELIDS. Perhaps a pre-installed pack could be updated with this change made to the master raws? Then savegame updates would work fine.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: March 08, 2012, 07:20:50 am »

Download body_rcp_eyelids.txt @MediaFire and copy the file in your 0.34.04 /save/regionX/raw/objects/
This will make the savegame permanently compatible with 0.34.05 (and most likely future DF versions too), and allow you to update that savegame to the latest raws without ever breaking that compatibility.

Do NOT copy that file to your main raws, doing so should not break anything, but it could make your new worlds dependant on both the 0.34.04 eyelids AND the 0.34.05 eyelids.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 07:40:00 am by Phoebus »

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: March 08, 2012, 11:22:53 am »

PTW, my current tileset of choice. Thumbs up!
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Faulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: March 08, 2012, 05:59:13 pm »

I used ttf and now(at 05 version, pure install) and i get this:

Its not like vanishing a text, but its moved to left. And its not in the place of original number(without ttf). Other character are in their place.

Its like '10' simply become black. Any suggest?

Musaab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: March 08, 2012, 06:30:23 pm »

I get the weird spaced out text as well as the vanishing text with truetype on.  Not sure if there any choice but to wait to see if Toady takes a look at it.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: March 08, 2012, 06:36:40 pm »

I used ttf and now(at 05 version, pure install) and i get this:

Its not like vanishing a text, but its moved to left. And its not in the place of original number(without ttf). Other character are in their place.

Its like '10' simply become black. Any suggest?

This bug, I think.

Musaab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #1724 on: March 09, 2012, 08:42:08 am »

Ok, I've found why you're getting so much vanishing text.
When the TTF engine writes text, it reserves and draws over an area of the screen equal to the size of the text if it was drawn without TTF.
If that area overlaps text on the right, the text on the right vanishes.
Something doesn't make sense to me about this..
I would understand it blocking out stuff at the end of a line because of this..
but I don't understand how this makes sense when it blocks out the middle of a word like:
The goblin lasher at  cks th militia commander
Are you telling me the at is something taking up the space of the following ta, or the "th" is somehow taking up the space of the e? Why isn't any part of the commander word missing or goblin?
Why does "The goblin lasher" appear fine on that line, but on another line appear as:
"the goblin las  r" shouldn't those be drawn consistently the same?
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 140