Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 395 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 878

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 967292 times)

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
Re: [0.34.11v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Updated to DF 0.34.11)
« Reply #2055 on: May 14, 2013, 06:26:14 pm »

so.. a year later and several version.. and still the disappearing text is an issue. No one ever found a good solution?
You're talking about a TTF bug.

That has nothing to with Phoebus' graphic set.
You can redraw the screen with F10, or switch to the tileset font with F12 (which leads to some letters being pictograms with graphical tilesets like this one).

Here's the bug for reference:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5097

Yeah talking about that. we were talking about that around .04 but still at .11 it's there.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Updated to DF 0.34.11)
« Reply #2056 on: May 27, 2013, 07:45:55 pm »

Total of 38100 (28,245 + 9,855) downloads of version 0.34.11v00!

It's been almost one year since the last update.
But why wait? Here's 0.34.11 one year anniversary update... 8 days early!

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)
« Reply #2057 on: May 27, 2013, 08:03:08 pm »

*Updated* 0.34.11v01
Sand wall tiles are now much brighter and their pattern is slightly easier to tell apart from sand floors.
Doren's creature tiles now have a background.
The ";" tile has been stolen from Ironhand. (jez9999 made me do it!)
The gem wall symbols association has been redistributed. Tier 1 for gems worth 2-3, T2 for 10-15, T3 for 20-30, T4 for 40-60.
The crow man graphics has been fixed. (Thanks Meph.)
Square 3D walls engravings have been fixed.
The default tileset now has meld embossed walls and flat grass.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 08:58:30 pm by Phoebus »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Do want! Thanks a lot, I will incorporate it in Genesis Reborn immediately.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

dudeman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I like this graphic set a lot, thank you!

Could someone please make a tar archive of just the required df files so it is easy to install on linux?  I forgot to write down what files I needed last time I manually extracted and installed the files.  I am failing for some reason this time around.

Thank you.

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love this set, but where do I get these dwarfs? http://i.imgur.com/NZ5HVEa.png
I thought they were a part of Phoebus, but can't find them anywhere.

I am playing the Masterwork mod, and would just love to change the dwarfs out.

Cheers!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Great update :)

I like the sand and the new ';' tile. I had it in my notes next to this:
Code: [Select]
{ => only one tile in the jeweler (maybe on vermin?)
} => never used (maybe on vermin?)
Minecart => Inside could be filled
& => Used for what exactly?
I know that {} are superior item symbols, but with TTF that doesnt matter much. The minecart filling I meant like the nestbox/buckets, that you can see the background color inside it, so you can have minecart filled with water/magma/something and actually see a difference. I think you also have the upside down '?' free for use...

Do you know what the '&' is used for? I think ironhand has a demon in its place, but thats about it. Looks quite free to me, I cant remember seeing it in text or any vanilla workshops.

I also did some decorational tiles, a brazier, a candelabra and a sign. I dont think that you can easily add them into vanilla, because there is no real reason to. Without the modded custom buildings for them people cant use them, so you might as well ignore them. I just wanted to post them here in case you do want to use the tiles, if yes, feel free to do so.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maybe that gives more ideas. :) I also added the water/waves tile underneath the number 1-7, so that people can both see the depths and the water/magma, here, have a look at the screenshot. People response has been quite positive about it.

The modified tileset: Download

Ladde: The dwarves are ironhand. I include them in the download, but I only toggle tilesets, not creature sprites with the UI, so you have to fiddle around a bit in the raw/graphics folder yourself.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 02:37:01 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love this set, but where do I get these dwarfs? http://i.imgur.com/NZ5HVEa.png

Cheers!
Those are Ironhand's dwarves.
Meph is the creator of the Masterwork mod.

Do you know what the '&' is used for? I think ironhand has a demon in its place, but thats about it. Looks quite free to me, I cant remember seeing it in text or any vanilla workshops.
"&" is used for demons and not much else. It's hardcoded but can be overridden with graphics associatied with [CREATURE_GRAPHICS:DEMON_0] and upward.
I guess I could salvage the tile for another use.

I also did some decorational tiles, a brazier, a candelabra and a sign. I dont think that you can easily add them into vanilla, because there is no real reason to. Without the modded custom buildings for them people cant use them, so you might as well ignore them. I just wanted to post them here in case you do want to use the tiles, if yes, feel free to do so.

I barely ever mod so those wouldn't be too useful to me right now, but having some good 16x16 tiles on hand could be useful in the future.

Maybe that gives more ideas. :) I also added the water/waves tile underneath the number 1-7, so that people can both see the depths and the water/magma, here, have a look at the screenshot. People response has been quite positive about it.

Brilliant!
I think 0, 8 & 9 should have the background too, for consistency.
The "0" tile is used for coffins, I'm not sure about that tile.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 09:34:06 pm by Phoebus »

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cheers!
Those are Ironhand's dwarves.
Meph is the creator of the Masterwork mod.

So its not really possible to have dwarfs and humanoids like Ironhand, unless Ironhand starts making it for Masterwork mod?
Edit: I don't know why I thought I was in the masterwork thread, sorry.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 12:43:55 am by Ladde »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Nono, the dwarf sprites are done by Ironhand, but I include the Ironhand Tileset. But Tileset and Creature Sprites are actually two different things. My UI to toggle tilesets only changes the tileset, not all graphics. You can do it yourself, the files are in raw/graphics. You just take out the graphics_phoebus_dwarves.txt and put in the ironhand graphics. You need to download Ironhand first of course.

I dont want to derail the Phoebus thread about Ironhand/Masterwork, so please feel free to post in the Masterwork board or PM, if you have any more questions.

@Phoebus: Thanks, I for once will use the '&' then for something else. :) I might also change '}' to something workshop related, since it only appears in the jeweler, similar to the ';' of the mason. If you add the wave-background to 7,8,9 you could just make the grey background of the '0' a bit brighter to fit the color, but I dont think that many people would see it if they dont know about it. I even contemplated making the '0' an actual grave, since I rely heavily on TTF and it replaces numbers anyway.

I am actually a bit out of ideas what to do with the 4 or so tiles I have now. Trees and Plants are pretty much there, creatures use sprites, and I dont want to do more decorational buildings. If Toady would add tilenumbers for weapons/armor (or all items) that would be great, just like the tool tiles. If you have any ideas, let me know. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I also added the water/waves tile underneath the number 1-7, so that people can both see the depths and the water/magma, here, have a look at the screenshot. People response has been quite positive about it.
Looks good, but maybe waves a bit paler? so that numbers sticks out better

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Code: [Select]
{ => only one tile in the jeweler (maybe on vermin?)
} => never used (maybe on vermin?)
found one, itw worm vermin, flashes between { and }
also purring maggot
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 12:00:50 pm by Hommit »

FengYun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is a line (CREATURE_GRAPHICS:GIANT_RAVE) in graphics_kafine_animals.txt. Should be (CREATURE_GRAPHICS:GIANT_RAVEN) probably.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is a line (CREATURE_GRAPHICS:GIANT_RAVE) in graphics_kafine_animals.txt. Should be (CREATURE_GRAPHICS:GIANT_RAVEN) probably.
Or maybe a few dwarves have thrown a party again.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140