Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 395 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 878

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 967777 times)

idgarad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a way to work a title set such that smoothed and engraved walls are a fixed color but then let the normal material color appears as say a color wedge or dot on the wall title. I would like to see a consistent smoothed wall but then have the natural color appear as an accent of some sort.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a way to work a title set such that smoothed and engraved walls are a fixed color but then let the normal material color appears as say a color wedge or dot on the wall title. I would like to see a consistent smoothed wall but then have the natural color appear as an accent of some sort.
Natural walls use use both the foreground and background color of the material.
Smoothed walls only use the foreground color.
Engraved walls use the background color for the engravings.
Most object only use the foreground color of the material, a few also use the background color (doors, hatches, cages, etc.)

If you set all rocks to have grey foreground, they will all have grey smoothed walls/floors, but also all grey objects.
All grey foreground will also make natural walls really hard to distinguish.

GrandEnder

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Where can I find a legend for the highest level of the map? I'm not quite sure how the house symbols are different from the chest symbols, and where shops are.

Thorgrim Grudge-Bearer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)
« Reply #2073 on: August 17, 2013, 07:58:32 pm »

what is the icon for necromancer towers?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: August 18, 2013, 04:18:11 am »

IIRC a grey crown is the highest point symbol.

Necro towers appear as a purple I, again IIRC.
This is a blank sig.

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: August 18, 2013, 08:33:53 am »

IIRC a grey crown is the highest point symbol.

Necro towers appear as a purple I, again IIRC.
I don't have the game downloaded right now, but I'm pretty sure you're correct about the purple 'I' being necro towers.

Ironlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: August 24, 2013, 04:32:46 am »

I would say it's more of a pinkish.  But yes.  They are a capitol I in a sort of purpley-pink.
Other monsters crowded around me, continually attacking.  I treated them politely, offering the edge of my razor-sharp sword; but the feast, I think, did not please them.

Drakeero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: September 26, 2013, 10:51:57 pm »

Hey, I'm having a little bit of a problem.  I'm unable to play DF in windowed mode either vanilla or with the tile-set because my monitor has such a high resolution it takes alot of painful squinting, migraines, and sometimes getting my face a few inches from the screen to see details.

Because of this, I would prefer the texture pack to NOT automatically adjust to my screen resolution when I hit f11 and go fullscreen.  However, going back into the .init file and specifying a smaller screen resolution for fullscreen and hoping it would stretch the tiles to something more sane and workable didn't seem to actually change anything.  It auto-detected my screen resolution and now my dwarves are but wee specks again.

How do I just get everything bigger?  Preferably alot bigger.

Edit: OH HEY LOOK, I have been out of the loop for a very very long time now.  Since when did Dwarf Fortress get a Zoom feature?  So uh, moot point, ignore me.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 11:24:23 pm by Drakeero »
Cage traps are my magma.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #2078 on: December 13, 2013, 07:08:41 pm »

Is Phoebus still producing this? I'm curious because the download for it on the wiki suggests that someone else hacked his stuff for the latest version, so I'm curious. Phoebus makes the best tile sets is all.
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2079 on: December 16, 2013, 10:09:28 am »

There is not much to produce, since the last DF update is over a year old. Therefore there have been next to no changes on the tileset for the last year. But he himself updated it for the current version.

Phoebus, move this to the tileset section, please. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: December 22, 2013, 01:29:08 am »

I'm still around, but I doubt I will be releasing any update until the next DF release.

Flypaste

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: January 06, 2014, 01:42:49 pm »

What is the pink dresser? If it's goblins, then this embark will be extremely fun. (how about we say, 4 tiles away from 3 of them?)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 02:03:15 pm by Flypaste »

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: January 06, 2014, 05:30:59 pm »

The Cabinet is a Dark Fortress.  It could be goblins (usually is) or another civ that has occupied a dark fortress (could potential by humans and/or dwarves quite easily).

I embarked once right near a Dark Fortress hoping for some !FUN!, then latter discovered the Dark Fortress belonged to my dwarf civ.  :-\

comat0se

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: February 25, 2014, 11:54:24 am »

There appears to be a bug with the name of the font in this graphics pack.  The font is named font.TTF while df looks for font.ttf.  This isn't a problem in windows, but in systems like linux which is case-sensitive it will cause truetype not to work at all (f12 does nothing). Renaming the font to font.ttf fixes this and then the truetype renders as expected (f12 toggle works).  I'm really surprised this has never been mentioned.  Most of the graphics packs included in the lazy newb pack are broken due to this same bug.  Mayday works and CLA works, I think the rest have the bug.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: March 05, 2014, 04:39:11 pm »

There appears to be a bug with the name of the font in this graphics pack.  The font is named font.TTF while df looks for font.ttf.  This isn't a problem in windows, but in systems like linux which is case-sensitive it will cause truetype not to work at all (f12 does nothing). Renaming the font to font.ttf fixes this and then the truetype renders as expected (f12 toggle works).  I'm really surprised this has never been mentioned.  Most of the graphics packs included in the lazy newb pack are broken due to this same bug.  Mayday works and CLA works, I think the rest have the bug.
It will fix that extension in the next update, thank you for reporting the issue.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140