Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 395 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 878

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 967390 times)

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Phoebus' Graphic Set v2.1 for DF v0.31.05 (Now with unit graphics!!1)
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2010, 06:23:56 pm »

I just noticed one issue I *DO* have (which I recall seeing awhile back, too) is that nobles don't have any graphics, and the military all look like engravers.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

njero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2010, 08:23:38 pm »

I'm going to echo the "best tile set out there" sentiments. I love this package, and am pumped that you now have .png support to work with again.
these aren't buzzards, they're cliff racers!

EvilGrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2010, 03:29:55 am »

Several letters and numbers are not displaying properly, and are either entirely or mostly black. I used to the pre-installed package and genned a brand new world, but even restarting didn't fix it.

http://i49.tinypic.com/1g3o5y.jpg

EDIT: Using the old .bmp version of the tileset from the previous thread "fixed" the problem, but I'd love to know how to make it work with the new version.

EDIT2: Alright, found the problem. Turns out setting PRINT_MODE to 2D instead of STANDARD was the culprit.
I was going to comment about config setting just before you found the fix.
I had a very similar problem when playing around in the various v0.31.04 builds, just ended up giving up and waiting for v0.31.05.

There is a codepage error when using standard mode. I did mention this a few posts back. I guess it didn't get fixed in 0.31.04. As you've figured out, use 2D instead.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've updated the Pre-Installed Package to the new DF v0.31.06.

Samohan25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The 06 pack dosen't appear to work, I have the Phoebus 2.1 and on instaling it to DF it simply dosen't display anything, the game works, but the intro is skipped and nothing is displayed, no gamelog errors and no other error list.
Just a simple black screen.

EDIT: Oops, works with the win version but not on the legasy version, is it meant to work wirh legasy?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 03:17:25 pm by Samohan25 »

Turambar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My thing looks like this

any idea what I've done wrong?

asturias

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I am a new player (lured in after reading about Bronzemurder on Boing Boing), and really like playing with this tileset. The latest and greatest (.06) works great in windows, but I built a mac version, and it looks like the unit graphics are not loading.

frightlever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks man!

I got sucked in to DF by your tileset about a month ago. Got my life back while I was waiting for .04 to get a makeover. Gonna have to kiss my free time goodbye again, I guess. Oh well!

jimi12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do I turn off seasonal auto saves? I've never had that show up before.

asturias

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Seasonal autosaves can be disabled in the d_init.txt file.
[Autosave:OFF]

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My thing looks like this

*sniped*

any idea what I've done wrong?
That is strange. Your game seems to be missing the raw objects.
Did you try updating your savegame with "df_savegame_updater.bat" to see if it fixes it?

Thanks man!

I got sucked in to DF by your tileset about a month ago. Got my life back while I was waiting for .04 to get a makeover. Gonna have to kiss my free time goodbye again, I guess. Oh well!
Sorry!  :-[  ;D

I am a new player (lured in after reading about Bronzemurder on Boing Boing), and really like playing with this tileset. The latest and greatest (.06) works great in windows, but I built a mac version, and it looks like the unit graphics are not loading.
I don't have a Mac, but after looking at the Mac archive, everything file that's modified by the graphic mod seems to be identical in both Max and Windows versions. That's no help, I know.
If you get the graphic pack running on Mac, I'll gladly add the fix to the packages.

EDIT: Oops, works with the win version but not on the legasy version, is it meant to work wirh legasy?
Nope, it's not meant to work with Legacy. Legacy does not support PNG and this thread is for the PNG version of the tileset.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 01:15:55 am by Phoebus »

Samohan25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh well, I can probably just use the win version and put up with pause indicators and disapearing borders, very nice graphic pack by the way, I can't always work out who some dwarves are but at least I can always tell there that carpenter went.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When I run the save game updater, it says, "Could not find C:\...\data\save\region1\raw\objects\inorganic_stone_layer - Copy.txt"
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

wurli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think there are some errors with outdated raws and init files. Toady made some changes that are not present in the graphic set.
For example, in your raws the second melting point of obsidian is still present. KEY_REPEAT_ACCEL_LIMIT and KEY_REPEAT_ACCEL_START are missing in the init.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 05:24:50 am by wurli »

asturias

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Okay - built a successful Mac version using a much simpler method than I tried before.

Downloaded .06 for mac: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/df_31_06_osx.tar.bz2

Downloaded FULL version of Phoebus Pre-Installed Package for Windows: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2431

Copied and overwrote /data and /raw folder from windows to mac version.

Game works perfectly - presumably this would be an identical process for building a Linux version.

Thanks for the incredible tileset, Phoebus (all all other contributors)! Now if only I can carve out some free time to actually play...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 140