Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 394 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 877

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 965518 times)

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

* Remember to update your savegames & inits *
After updating the game, run DF_savegame_updater.bat to update your savegames, run DF_phoebus_init_updater.bat to update your inits, then play the game.
Note: .NET Framework v4 is required to run the Dwarf Fortress Config utility, so you should try installing that if you can't get the util to run.

--------------------------------------

Screenshots:
Spoiler: Tileset Assembler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Classic Diagonal Walls (click to show/hide)

Symbol Chart:
Spoiler: Rocks and stuff (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Plants and Herbs (click to show/hide)

*Updated* 0.34.11v01
Sand wall tiles are now much brighter and their pattern is slightly easier to tell apart from sand floors.
Doren's creature tiles now have a background.
The ";" tile has been stolen from Ironhand. (jez9999 made me do it!)
The gem wall symbols association has been redistributed. Tier 1 for gems worth 2-3, T2 for 10-15, T3 for 20-30, T4 for 40-60.
The crow man graphics has been fixed. (Thanks Meph.)
Square 3D walls engravings have been fixed.
The default tileset now has meld embossed walls and flat grass.

DF 0.34.05+ raws are not compatible with DF 0.34.04 or earlier worlds
If you want to use your old savegames with DF 0.34.05+, download body_rcp_eyelids.txt, update your savegame's raws then copy the file in your savegame's object folder located at "/data/save/regionX/raw/objects/".
If you can't or don't want to copy that file, not updating the raws will allow you to use the game, but without many of the improvements from the latest version.

Graphic Packs:
Pre-Installed Package @DFFD (w/ Dwarf Fortress v0.34.11):
Graphic Set Package @DFFD (compatible with DF v0.34.11 only): (Remember to update your init.txt and d_init.txt config files.)
Pre-Installed Package for Linux @DFFD (packaged by wurli)
Lazy Newb Pack @DFFD (all-in-one package by LucasUP. Lazy Newb Pack Homepage)
MasterWork @DFFD (all-in-one package by Meph. MasterWork Homepage)

Mirrors:
@ MediaFire
@ MediaFire (Old 0.34 Files)
@ MediaFire (Old 0.31 Files)
@ MediaFire (Very Old Files)

Installation:

1. Unzip the 'Pre-Installed Package' where you want the game to be installed, or unzip the Graphic Set Package over your current installation.

2. Run DF_Phoebus_Init_Updater.bat to update your inits.

3. Run DwarfFortressConfig.exe or DF_Savegame_Updater.bat (or DF_savegame_updater.sh on Linux) to update your savegames.

4. Play the game!

Spoiler: Update History (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Credits and Thanks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: F.A.Q.s (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Donation (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 03:04:37 am by Phoebus »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reserved Post
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 04:42:03 pm »

Old BMP version available at Phoebus' Graphic Set v1.x .
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 05:06:06 pm by Phoebus »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reserved Post
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 04:42:30 pm »

*reserved*
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 07:39:50 pm by Phoebus »

eidahl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Woh, this is amazing. I am liking the new floors and overall mood that is much more sinister.   ;D

Mr. GOH!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you muchly!
Isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.

-The Tick

Urist McFumbler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks really good even without the graphics option on, thanks for all the hard work

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I think I will make an adaptation with your ground tiles and Ironhand's awesome plants :)

I mean these:

This ground is from gold-plated too, the ground from Ironhand's set is too dark, so open space is easier to spot than the ground :P.

Your ground seems to be the best ever, but it would take some time to make other tiles to blend with it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile

Bug report, perhaps.  But this version crashes every time I try to 'Find' a starting location, no matter which options I choose, even without modifying any of the INIT files.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

wolflance

• Bay Watcher
  • Not knowing is half the Fun.
    • View Profile

Thanks for the update!

After playing with it for a while...I noticed that dwarfs are just color-swapped same model, a lot of animals are shown as a letter, etc.

I am guessing the .png version of the dwarfs graphics (and animals/plants. etc) are not complete yet, but i will ask here anyway, just to be sure.

hexrei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bug report, perhaps.  But this version crashes every time I try to 'Find' a starting location, no matter which options I choose, even without modifying any of the INIT files.

make sure you are following this portion of the instructions:

If you want to generate a new with world after installing the v2.0 graphic pack, first delete the "inorganic_stone_layer - Copy.txt" file in /raw/objects/

I had the same problem until I remembered to delete this file, you might need to create a new world after.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile

Thanks for the quick response, Hexrei.  I did finally get it to start a new game, chosing a more-so random location on a new gen map. Sadly, there were several issues I had with that one.

1. Most of the 'empty space' area of the map showed up the same faded blue color as the river does, and doesn't disapear even when you Z-level up and down.

2. Weird tile spots where several different things overlap, flickering back and furth between them. Even pausing and using the K-look key couldn't stop them from doing it. (Maybe a clitch with the graphics, idk.)

3. Some of the tiles near the bottom of the screen here stretched oddly, even after trying to resize the screen manually.

I couldn't get any screenshots though, sense DF crashed within minutes of me loading up the map.  I'll try it with your suggestion, Hexrei, and see if that helps.

UPDATE:
Removing the "inorganic_stone_layer - Copy.txt" file did indeed fix the problem with the 'Find Site' search. It no longer crashes. Its just taking a really really really long time to move from point to point. >.<''

I also spotted another bug while messing with it: The sediment/ground layers are showing up in the site selection.  The brown words all say 'Rock' no matter where I move it.

UPDATE:
Nevermind.  On a re-load of the new world gen the 'Rock' bug disapeared.  Odd.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 08:11:29 am by Viken »
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Randominality

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:EAT]
    • View Profile

Any chance you could do a version with the original rock/mineral/gem wall tiles? I love your pack but i preferred the way the rock looked back in version 1.1 or whichever one it was before you changed it to the value graded symbols.
Oh Gordon Freeman, what medical procedure can't you educate alien war machines about?

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your ground seems to be the best ever, but it would take some time to make other tiles to blend with it.
I'm using layers in GIMP to draw my tilesets. That ground texture is one of the bottom layers. The texture covers the whole tileset, but I toggle which tile it's displayed on with a layer mask.
That ground texture is an alternate of 100% white (#FFFFFF) with 75% light grey (#BFBFBF); I draw a square of 16% very dark grey (#2A2A2A) on the layer mask where I want the texture to show up, and black everywhere else. (Layer masks are opacity filters.)

Thanks for the update!

After playing with it for a while...I noticed that dwarfs are just color-swapped same model, a lot of animals are shown as a letter, etc.

I am guessing the .png version of the dwarfs graphics (and animals/plants. etc) are not complete yet, but i will ask here anyway, just to be sure.
The PNG versions of the unit graphics are ready and included in the graphic pack, but sadly DF v0.31.04 currently does not support unit graphics, which is why the game crashes when we turn [GRAPHICS:ON].

Any chance you could do a version with the original rock/mineral/gem wall tiles? I love your pack but i preferred the way the rock looked back in version 1.1 or whichever one it was before you changed it to the value graded symbols.
Version 1.1 layer symbols? Yes, I can do that.

Randominality

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:EAT]
    • View Profile

Oh I actually realized the version I was talking about was before 1.0 i.e. before you put in the mineral chart system. Would it still be possible to make a version with that?
Oh Gordon Freeman, what medical procedure can't you educate alien war machines about?

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh I actually realized the version I was talking about was before 1.0 i.e. before you put in the mineral chart system. Would it still be possible to make a version with that?
I've never released a version without mineral charts, but I've released a version without layer symbols.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 140