Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 394 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 877

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 965454 times)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon

Just wanted you to know Phoebus, I've never really looked at your tileset till now... It really is nice. Great job. :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 02:15:03 pm by Shaostoul »
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Randominality

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:EAT]
    • View Profile

Oh I actually realized the version I was talking about was before 1.0 i.e. before you put in the mineral chart system. Would it still be possible to make a version with that?
I've never released a version without mineral charts, but I've released a version without layer symbols.

Hmm... clearly I'm confused!

Anyway, I would still be very thankful for a version without the layer symbols.
Oh Gordon Freeman, what medical procedure can't you educate alien war machines about?

JujuBubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi there, the Ground and the Font look great,
but I can only see the ugly dwarves, even after deleting the example files.

When I turn on graphics DF dies on me with a GL Error ( gpu unable to accomodate texture catalog. retry without graphic tiles, update drivers or get a new gpu )

ASnogarD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When I turn on graphics DF dies on me with a GL Error ( gpu unable to accomodate texture catalog. retry without graphic tiles, update drivers or get a new gpu )

As Phoebus mentioned earlier :

The PNG versions of the unit graphics are ready and included in the graphic pack, but sadly DF v0.31.04 currently does not support unit graphics, which is why the game crashes when we turn [GRAPHICS:ON].

Baughn (spelling ?) said the graphics portion of the code hasnt been completed yet, he also said he will try have it sorted by Wed (today)... until then we cant use graphics:on and so we cant see unit graphics.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Updated* v2.0.1
Added an alternate version of the tileset without layer symbols.
Modified the digging symbol slightly.
Brightened the monochrome dwarves slightly.
Disabled the intro by default, and changed the default windowed resolution, to fix resizing issues.
Added backgrounds to a few more tiles. (Beds, statues, weapon & armor racks.)
Re-aligned the position of some numbers.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 08:04:00 am by Phoebus »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I will make an adaptation with your ground tiles and Ironhand's awesome plants :)
I've just noticed those plants use both the foreground and background colors for the plant itself; I understand the complication now.

Just wanted you to know Phoebus, I've never really looked at your tileset till now... It really is nice. Great job. :)
Thanks! :)

Anyway, I would still be very thankful for a version without the layer symbols.
I hope you'll like the new version of my tileset without the little rock icons on the layers.

Thanks. :)
I've improved the contrast on the monochrome dwarves. This should make dwarves easier on the eye while we wait for the v0.31.05 release.

Turambar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This might be a problem with 31.04 or it might be a problem with your tiles.

when I embark and get to a location, i get several odd tiles of land that, when viewed, seem to be rapidly cycling between various types of rock.  when dug, they become one type, usually the one that makes sense, but the flickering is very odd.  Also, i get like 100 'cavern has collapsed' messages, but that might just be a problem with my map generation parameters.  ( i used perfectworld to make the world settings, so that might cause the cavern problem, but the flickering happened on a non-perfectworld fresh generated map)

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This might be a problem with 31.04 or it might be a problem with your tiles.

when I embark and get to a location, i get several odd tiles of land that, when viewed, seem to be rapidly cycling between various types of rock.  when dug, they become one type, usually the one that makes sense, but the flickering is very odd.  Also, i get like 100 'cavern has collapsed' messages, but that might just be a problem with my map generation parameters.  ( i used perfectworld to make the world settings, so that might cause the cavern problem, but the flickering happened on a non-perfectworld fresh generated map)
That was a bug with a first v2.0 release, I've included a copy of a file by error and that file copy causes corruption in newly created worlds.
In your DwarfFortress directory, go in /raw/objects/ and delete the file named "inorganic_stone_layer - Copy.txt", then regenerate the world.

tastypaste

• Bay Watcher
  • "It's delicious!"
    • View Profile

Great looking tileset. Do you have animal tiles? Because I just see the normal E's for elephants etc.
Denethor cancels stewardship:  Went Insane.
Denethor went berserk!

Randominality

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:EAT]
    • View Profile

Thanks for the alternate stone layer set. Much appreciated!
Oh Gordon Freeman, what medical procedure can't you educate alien war machines about?

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Updated* v2.0.2
Changed the smoothed/engraved ground tile pattern.
Changed the channeling icon.
Added the background texture to upward stairways.
Tweaked the doors so it's easier to see when they are being constructed.
Reforged the numbers so they align correctly.
Added a temporary fix to the v2.0 duplicate file copy problem.
Added an emboss effect and a very subtle texture to bins and floodgates.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 09:35:42 pm by Phoebus »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

temporary fix? you mean delete it?

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Great looking tileset. Do you have animal tiles? Because I just see the normal E's for elephants etc.
Animal tiles are in, but Dwarf Fortress v0.31.04 temporarily does not support unit graphics (the graphic engine upgrade is not completed yet.)
We'll have to wait for DF v0.31.05 before we can use them.

temporary fix? you mean delete it?
Deleting it is a permanent fix, but a zip archive cannot delete a file, so I have to include a harmless empty file with the same name to overwrite to harmful old file.
I will stop including the empty file from the first version for v0.31.05 onward.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 07:29:32 pm by Phoebus »

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

Very well done, though I've been having a few problems. The tileset works just fine, but when I try to turn the graphics sets on DF says "GPU unable to accommodate texture catalog." Am I missing something? I'd think it was a problem with the file structure, but it sounds like it might just be my computer. Note that I've gotten these graphics sets to work in v0.31.03, but not the current version.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

BlackRogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Leave graphics off for now. It's a known issue.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 140