Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 395 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 878

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 967322 times)

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.04v02] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Humans, Birds and Bugs)
« Reply #1680 on: March 05, 2012, 02:04:48 pm »

This is quite annoying, it makes managing pens/chains excruciating.

Do you mean that the (tame) is leaking a bit too far to the right? Now that wouldnīt bother me. But the information if that pet/creature is already in a cage or pasture often goes missing. Same for already equipped stuff in the military uniform/ammo screen. You have to furiously zoom in and out all the time just to be sure. Which makes it extremely tedious to manage that stuff.

So is that problem only TTF-related? I didnīt try out reverting to fixed width (yuck) myself yet. Also not quite sure how that is done - do I just need to set TRUETYPE:NO or whatever in the init file? Or would I need to copy a fixed width font to somewhere?

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: March 05, 2012, 03:55:55 pm »

This is quite annoying, it makes managing pens/chains excruciating.

Do you mean that the (tame) is leaking a bit too far to the right? Now that wouldnīt bother me. But the information if that pet/creature is already in a cage or pasture often goes missing. Same for already equipped stuff in the military uniform/ammo screen. You have to furiously zoom in and out all the time just to be sure. Which makes it extremely tedious to manage that stuff.

So is that problem only TTF-related? I didnīt try out reverting to fixed width (yuck) myself yet. Also not quite sure how that is done - do I just need to set TRUETYPE:NO or whatever in the init file? Or would I need to copy a fixed width font to somewhere?
You can switch between TTF and tileset mode, ingame, by pressing F12.
The pens/chains problem isn't the same thing as the vanishing text bug.
1. Pens/chains text can overflow the size of it's container window, even in tileset mode.
2. The TTF engine doesn't seem to allow text to be drawn over other text.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: March 06, 2012, 12:17:15 am »

I'm having a display issue.  I have letters flicker in/out (if I do a print screen, it shows up on the print screen).  On a page with text (such as a units menu, or job menu), I
'm missing characters.  I know they are there, for they show up when I scroll sometimes, but they are not persistent.

Interesting, reducing window size eliminated the issue.

Update:
Not for long...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 12:31:13 am by thistleknot »

Greendogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: March 06, 2012, 03:24:55 am »

I like that font Nenjin!  Looks like something you'd see on a treasure map or on some old books in a movie or game.
Sail - The end reminds me of a goblin choking a kobold.  No ponies, sorry.

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: March 06, 2012, 08:26:03 am »

I'm having a display issue.  I have letters flicker in/out (if I do a print screen, it shows up on the print screen).  On a page with text (such as a units menu, or job menu), I
'm missing characters.  I know they are there, for they show up when I scroll sometimes, but they are not persistent.

Interesting, reducing window size eliminated the issue.

Update:
Not for long...

Got the same issue here.
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: March 06, 2012, 10:31:24 am »

I like that font Nenjin!  Looks like something you'd see on a treasure map or on some old books in a movie or game.

I like the old timey fonts, and any font that gives me a medieval vibe works well with DF. Any font that looks like it was cut from stone is a good match with DF.

This is why I've been so excited for TTF. To me a good font can totally change a tileset's appearance.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Musaab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: March 06, 2012, 10:49:40 am »

I like the old timey fonts, and any font that gives me a medieval vibe works well with DF. Any font that looks like it was cut from stone is a good match with DF.

This is why I've been so excited for TTF. To me a good font can totally change a tileset's appearance.

Except when the text keeps disappearing...

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: March 06, 2012, 11:00:58 am »

Sadly suffering from the random-ish black squares too.
And a problem with gender in embark.

And some problems with text spacing, but that might come directly from toady hard-coding the spacing.

Apart from that, most menus are clearer than without truetype (Glass workshop anyone?), and I like the new font.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.34.05v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set (34.05 & New creatures)
« Reply #1688 on: March 06, 2012, 06:01:47 pm »

*Updated* 0.34.05v00
Updated to DF 0.34.05
Added 6 new creature tiles from NW_Kohaku.
Fixed a bug with the bug creature tileset.

Myiagros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.05v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set (34.05 & New creatures)
« Reply #1689 on: March 06, 2012, 07:37:02 pm »

I have a Fatal Error when trying to start a new game on a world genned in the previous version.

Missing Creature Body Definition: RCP_EYELIDS

I also get the same error trying to resume an old world.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 07:39:31 pm by Myiagros »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: March 06, 2012, 07:49:28 pm »

I have a Fatal Error when trying to start a new game on a world genned in the previous version.

Missing Creature Body Definition: RCP_EYELIDS

I also get the same error trying to resume an old world.
DF 34.05 raws aren't retrocompatible with DF 34.04 worlds.
You either need to not update your savegame raws, or to generate a new 34.05 world.

Edit.: You can recover your savegame by moving it to 0.34.04v02 install, updating the raws to 0.34.04, and then copying the savegame to a 34.05 install without updating the raws.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 07:54:48 pm by Phoebus »

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: March 06, 2012, 08:12:39 pm »

Phoebus, not sure if this helps or not, but I manually upgraded vanilla 34.04 (linux) to Phoebus 34.04v02 (linux) using the steps below, and still get the intermittently missing text.  I didn't try the Vanilla build before hand, so i don't know if the problem exists there or not.  My world was 250 years, default (non-advanced) world gen except I changed metals to "frequent".

My linux vanilla-to-phoebus steps are:
cd ~/Games/DwarfFortress
rm Win32Ph/raw/graphics/graphics_example.txt
rm -rf Win32Ph/raw/graphics/example
cp -R Win32Ph/raw/* Phoebus/raw/
cp Win32Ph/data/art/* Phoebus/data/art/
cp Win32Ph/data/init/colors.txt Phoebus/data/init/
cp Win32Ph/data/init/init.txt Phoebus/data/init/
cp Win32Ph/data/init/d_init.txt Phoebus/data/init/
cp Win32Ph/data/init/embark_profiles.txt Phoebus/data/init/
cp Win32Ph/data/init/embark_profiles.txt Phoebus/data/init/

Win32Ph is the Windows version of 34.04v02, Phoebus started as a copy of Vanilla 34.04 for linux.

Based on what I'm seeing, I believe the problem is with the TTF code, not your tileset.  I'm not sure of this, however.

For the person that was asking about a Mac version of the Phoebus tileset, the steps above should work for you as well -- get the vanilla version of 34.04 34.05 for Mac, grab the Windows version of the Phoebus set (with a matching version), and make the changes.  All this changes are the raws, graphics and config files, not the executable.  You will, of course, need to adjust the commands for the directory path you are using. I have the versions side by side in my Games/DwarfFortress directory, and made sym-links with the above names to better track which one I was in. ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: March 06, 2012, 08:23:56 pm »

I think I found what triggers the vanishing text bug.
I just managed to reach over 500 years in a huge map worldgen without crashing.

I really need someone to upload me a savegame with massive vanishing text problems for me to test the fix with.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: March 06, 2012, 08:38:04 pm »

Phoebus, is there anything in particular I should watch out for when I attempt to get the Ironhand dwarves/goblins/humans in my Phoebus game?

Now to get Vanilla 34.05, Phoebus Win32 34.05, and do my upgrade again. ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: March 06, 2012, 08:43:54 pm »

Phoebus, is there anything in particular I should watch out for when I attempt to get the Ironhand dwarves/goblins/humans in my Phoebus game?

Now to get Vanilla 34.05, Phoebus Win32 34.05, and do my upgrade again. ;)
Not really, just replace the content of the graphics folder and it should be fine.
Ironhand units are 18x18, so they will lose significant quality when resized to 16x16.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 140