Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Init option for the content and location of the FPS counter  (Read 920 times)

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile

In its new, 40d#-based incarnation, it takes up space in a corner used for other things, such as the date on the status screen; the original location may be a better place for it. An option to only show one type of FPS (Action frames and graphical frames) would also be nice, as that would make it smaller (which might be necessary if it's in the original location).

I realize that this is the first release of the merge, and there's still a fair amount of stuff that needs to be ironed out, but I'd just like to let it be known that this is irritating at least one player.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Init option for the content and location of the FPS counter
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 10:43:19 pm »

In its new, 40d#-based incarnation, it takes up space in a corner used for other things, such as the date on the status screen; the original location may be a better place for it. An option to only show one type of FPS (Action frames and graphical frames) would also be nice, as that would make it smaller (which might be necessary if it's in the original location).

I realize that this is the first release of the merge, and there's still a fair amount of stuff that needs to be ironed out, but I'd just like to let it be known that this is irritating at least one player.
The first thing I noticed was the movement of the FPS bar, it went from a out of the way place (top left) to a easily seen place (next to title). I don't really like it because I rarely look at the FPS, but I don't want to exit and save to turn on the FPS, maybe add an init option?

Sure, that can be arranged.
He's thinking of it/working on it.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.