Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Utility of Artifact Armour

(1/5) > >>

Scribble:
with the reworked materials in 2010, how usefull are artifact weapons and armours?  Is say a Giant rat artifact shield more protective than a steel masterwork?

Eagle_eye:
No, I believe masterwork weapons and armor are at the same level as artifact ones. the primary diference is the untradability and the increased value of artifacts.

Argonnek:
I'm pretty sure that an artifact is more powerful/protective than anything that can be normally made of the same material, no matter the quality modifier. Now, an artifact Giant Rat leather shield might not be as protective as a masterwork steel shield, but it's probably very close.

LukeRM:
Artifact weapons and armor have a 3x skill multiplier instead of a masterwork's 2x. They are otherwise the same as masterworks except that artifacts are worth much more and cannot be traded. Artifacts in future versions of DF may eventually carry magical effects. I don't know the effects of semi-artifact (named) weapons.

Scribble:

--- Quote ---Artifact weapons and armor have a 3x skill multiplier instead of a masterwork's 2x. They are otherwise the same as masterworks except that artifacts are worth much more and cannot be traded. Artifacts in future versions of DF may eventually carry magical effects. I don't know the effects of semi-artifact (named) weapons.
--- End quote ---

Many thanks, I'd actually hoped it was more than that, I've fond memories from 2d of using artifacts to cut colossi in twain.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version