Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

3d view

(1/2) > >>

kaypy:
Wait, hear me out, I'm not completely insane!What I think would have a cool effect for relatively little coding is to take the 3d visualizer that is currently available in fortress mode and rig it up to be accessible in adventurer mode.The controls would need to change slightly- instead of moving the camera around a fixed target, you would have a fixed camera (the adventurer) and change the target angle/elevation.This would be really nice when you go to an old fortress, and use it to look at multistory monuments from an appropriate perspective.For bonus points, the camera should move forward when looking downward (so you can look over the edge of cliffs (or at least, so you will be able to when they return...)

Mel_Vixen:
Why not ask the programmers behind the Virtualizer if you can get the sourcecode and try it.[ April 08, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

Metal Chao:
quote:Originally posted by Heph:
<STRONG>Why not ask the programmers behind the Virtualizer if you can get the sourcecode and try it.[ April 08, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]</STRONG>He means the in-game one, I think.
Or maybe not.

PTTG??:
Kaypy's talking about Toady One's built in visualizer ([Shift]+V). I aggree that it would be great to see what some of these locations look like from a first person perspective.

Align:
Or at least their shape.
/me quickly deconstructs all the wooden dongs[ April 08, 2008: Message edited by: Align ]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version