Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Option to start Adventure mode in a world with an active

(1/1)

Skeeblix:
It's such a pain to have to generate a new world to adventure on when your main world still has a fortress running.

Aquillion:
There are lots of problems with this, though.Does time pass in the fortress while you're out adventuring?  If it's frozen in time, that causes problems.  What happens if your adventurer wanders into the fortress?  What if they interact with something that relates to the fortress (remember, eventually armies and merchants will exist out there in the real world.)  You could make an adventure, kill an entire army, then go back to fortress mode and no time would have passed.While if time does pass, how is it handled?  Can fortresses be self-sufficient?  Can the game even handle managing that many dwarves without a player overseeing it?  The first time anyone has a tantrum, everything could easily fall apart...  not to mention demands, new arrivals....

BDR:
Also, this has been discussed before, and apparently quite a bit.

Skeeblix:
Well, I didn't mean so much as to adventure into a running fortress, just the world its in. I suppose this could be easily accomplished by copying and renaming the region folder before starting a fortress, so you have another identical world to adventure in.I definitely see how it could get a bit goofy to implement that, it wasn't something I had thought of.

Dame de la Licorne:
Kind of in the same vein, wouldn't it be cool to be able to start at the capital city and play your dwarves through the world until you get to a place to have a fortress?  The dwarves would thus gain skills that could be used once the fortress has commenced.  An Oregon Trail if you will.  And then the player can choose to either start at the city, or start as is currently the case, in the chosen location.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version