Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: A heart? Only weaklings need THOSE.  (Read 4780 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: A heart? Only weaklings need THOSE.
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2010, 07:59:54 pm »

On topic, wouldn't a scarred heart give him circulatory problems?  I know scar tissue or something similar will slowly choke out a liver.

If we're talking RL Liver, then I must disupute you. The liver, being a gland, regenerates if damaged. No scar tissue. A scarred heart, on the other hand, would be stiffer and more prone to retearing. So yes, potental circulation issues could arise.

So you're sayin I could drink to the point of cirrhosis and still have a regenerating liver? Fuck yes.

Your snide comment has indeed reminded me that cirrhosis is literaly scarring of the liver. Damn.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2010, 08:21:02 pm »

On topic, wouldn't a scarred heart give him circulatory problems?  I know scar tissue or something similar will slowly choke out a liver.

If we're talking RL Liver, then I must disupute you. The liver, being a gland, regenerates if damaged. No scar tissue. A scarred heart, on the other hand, would be stiffer and more prone to retearing. So yes, potental circulation issues could arise.

So you're sayin I could drink to the point of cirrhosis and still have a regenerating liver? Fuck yes.

Your snide comment has indeed reminded me that cirrhosis is literaly scarring of the liver. Damn.

Yeah, but on the other hand, these ARE dwarves. Their livers are probably immune.

Plus I just realized what this thread reminds me of.

[tgmeme]SHE TEARS OUT YOUR HEAAAAAAAAAARRRT [/tgmeme]
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2010, 10:30:06 pm »

Man, this guy's gonna be a buzzkill on Valentine's Day.

The saddest part is that until some medical bugs are fixed, no doctor can mend his broken heart :P

I think he could have some lady doctors cheer him up... or booze... or lady booze...

Someone should mod in a gender for booze. Seriously.
I think any masseuse (if not already implemented in game or otherwise) could attempt to provide a "Happy Ending". That could help. If not, then maybe a "Happy Meal" (barrels 'o' booze and booze biscuits). Nothing like nurses and booze. :3
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 10:39:09 pm by Itnetlolor »

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2010, 08:53:27 am »

Man, this guy's gonna be a buzzkill on Valentine's Day.

The saddest part is that until some medical bugs are fixed, no doctor can mend his broken heart :P

I think he could have some lady doctors cheer him up... or booze... or lady booze...

Someone should mod in a gender for booze. Seriously.
I think any masseuse (if not already implemented in game or otherwise) could attempt to provide a "Happy Ending". That could help. If not, then maybe a "Happy Meal" (barrels 'o' booze and booze biscuits). Nothing like nurses and booze. :3

Nurses booze and MAGMA. Or is this the only time is DF that magma is NOT wanted?
Huochong sounds like what you hear when a ninja hits somebody with a frying pan.

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2010, 09:29:22 am »

It could be a magma-powered reactor embedded into the chest... Make a gold-adamantine alloy and forge him a suit out of it, then he can be the Iron Dwarf.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2010, 10:12:13 am »

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2010, 10:38:41 am »

Read that and I say: Reality is bugged too.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2010, 01:29:20 pm »

Read that and I say: Reality is bugged too.

We need to petition Obama for a Department of Debugging.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 2 [3]