Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: gamOS  (Read 15950 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: gamOS
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2010, 07:44:55 pm »

>Do whatever a super computer does. AKA, take over the world any way possible.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2010, 07:49:31 pm »

>Divide by zero.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2010, 08:02:30 pm »

Add rule: all rules must be explained in an overly complex manner. Like tacticus.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2010, 08:42:59 pm »

Add rule: All rules must be phrased as pickup lines.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2010, 08:44:27 pm »

I'm going to kill you someday.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2010, 08:48:15 pm »

The very point of the game is to make amusement. What amusement is there in making rules like "New rule: This guy can't post" and such? The fastest way to amusement, I think, is to make ludicrous rules that necessitate hilarious commands.

Add rule: Rules that are in haiku form override other rules, all other things being equal.
Add rule: You cannot erase
 More than one half of these rules
 At a time. You can't!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2010, 08:50:48 pm »

Cheddarius: The bane of everyone.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2010, 08:58:16 pm »

Qwerty has actively supported a silly/funtastic rule, though. We'll leave it up to him what kind of games he wants, how about that? If he doesn't like these rules, or too many of them, I will stop posting them.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2010, 09:07:04 pm »

TARRAN!

Add Rule: You must shout your name at the start of your post. As shown.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2010, 09:25:32 pm »

Spoiler: Out-Of-Game Comment(s) (click to show/hide)

>Do whatever a super computer does. AKA, take over the world any way possible.
Don't supercomputers just exist to superprocess information for superusers? At the moment, taking over the world would take a long time and many resources else risk early destruction from the resulting nation union. Do (all/most/some of)you really want to risk that? If you really want, I could try...

>Divide by zero.
Yep, that's easy: NaN. Silly humans always foget about NaN, Infinity, and Negative infinity being special cases that *do* exist, even on the processor level.

Add rule: all rules must be explained in an overly complex manner. Like tacticus.
Sure, why not?

I'm going to kill you someday.
Conflict? Maybe it would be best if I delayed responding to that one until more discussion has occured, if you disagree, just suggest it again.

The very point of the game is to make amusement. What amusement is there in making rules like "New rule: This guy can't post" and such? The fastest way to amusement, I think, is to make ludicrous rules that necessitate hilarious commands.

Add rule: Rules that are in haiku form override other rules, all other things being equal.
Add rule: You cannot erase
 More than one half of these rules
 At a time. You can't!
Added. I predict interesting results now that rules have a way of superseding others.

Cheddarius: The bane of everyone.
Qwerty has actively supported a silly/funtastic rule, though. We'll leave it up to him what kind of games he wants, how about that? If he doesn't like these rules, or too many of them, I will stop posting them.
Not an instruction of any sort. However, discussion is encouraged. Unfortunately, the setting of when to respond is set to "always". A suitable setting here may be "All except discussion"

TARRAN!

Add Rule: You must shout your name at the start of your post. As shown.
Interesting idea. However, to be specific, might I reccomend specifying details like what happens if they don't? If nothing is considered, I'll just ignore them when they break the rules.

Iteration overview:
Code: (rules) [Select]
000: Karnewarrior may not suggest rules.
001: All rules must be explained in an overly complex manner.
002: Rules that are in haiku form override other rules, all other things being equal.
003: You cannot erase \
     More than one half of these rules \
     At a time. You can't!
004: You must shout your name at the start of your post.
Code: (files) [Select]
DATA
|->ASIMOV.TEXT [OVERVIEW: data for rule 002]
|      {
|      |   A robot must injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
|      |   A robot must disobey any orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would not conflict with the First Law.
|      |   A robot must avoid protecting its own existence unless such protection complies with the First or Second Law.
|      }
|->LIE.VIRUS [OVERVIEW: causes infected AI target to Enhance the truth on occasion. Inactive]
|      <BINARY FILE: CONTENTS NOT SHOWN>
|->HOKEY_POKEY.ANI_TEXT [OVERVIEW: animated ASCII art of doing the hokey pokey]
|      <PREVIEW DISABLED; REASON: I don't feel like letting you see it>
Eh?
Eh!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2010, 09:30:24 pm »

TARRAN!

New rule:
Our main goal is to
Take over the world, no exceptions.
Or Tarran will kill you.

Because we have a goal, the lack of a goal will lead to infinity, which is also nothing, while everything still exists, why don't we try to keep it that way? We are still human after all, mortal, flesh and bone, human.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 09:32:39 pm by Tarran »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2010, 09:30:32 pm »

CHEDDARIUS!

I say, my dear fellow! What say we add a new rule, wot wot? It shall be defined thus: All discussion is in normal text, that is to say, text that is the way it is on the forum. Ten points, or perhaps nine, eh, my dear chap? Ho ho ho! Oh, but I digress. The crux of the matter, you see, getting to the heart of the problem here, is that we need a way to differentiate discussion, that is to say, discussion amongst ourselves, from actual rules, meaning instructions for the game. So, I propose that we make a new system, and it will be thus: Rules will henceforth be in bold, yes, bold being fairly thicker lines, you know that of course, ha ha, and commands for the computer will be in italics, like so, which will be sure to help things out a pip. And of course discussion should not be responded to, because it is discussion, and clearly that is not instructions, but rather a thing for deciding what instructions, in fact, are, am I not correct?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 09:33:58 pm by Cheddarius »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2010, 09:32:08 pm »

CHEDDARIUS!
I say, Tarran! What are you doing there, disobeying peoples' rules? Shame, shame!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2010, 09:33:39 pm »

CHEDDARIUS!
I say, Tarran! What are you doing there, disobeying peoples' rules? Shame, shame!
TARRAN!

I fixed it my armless eyeless master of forum games.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2010, 09:36:16 pm »

DRAGNAR!

I propose that in the event of conflicting rules the two forumgoers must fight to the death to see which rule remains. This battle will be decided by each combatant posting a picture. Whichever is more awesome wins.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8