Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Dfliquids ruining paths

<< < (2/2)

Quietust:
If you manually set the level to 1, it might not realize that the level is low enough to permit evaporation - instead, set one square to 2 and its neighboring square to 0 so the 2 spreads out into both squares.

LordSlowpoke:
You can instead attempt to salvage this by dropping water on the spot you "fixed" from a z-level above. You know, for science!

b1gb0y2013:
Im thinking my new map is screwed, though... I was building a fortress and noone was doing anything. Next thing I know, ALL my people were in the river drowning! I apparently made the only path walkable down to river level, up to my fortress and they decided to try it. I had to use the block at 1 to dry up the WHOLE river, and still had to do it a second time before they all made it out. I figured out I was building something earlier and made my bridge restricted access... Plus it messed up my beautiful waterfall.

Yiab:
I've found that if you build a construction over a 0/7 magma square, then deconstruct it, the pathing data is reset. I've had these 0-magma path blockages happen several times, and every time I've fixed it by building a floor on the squares bordering walkable areas, then removing them. I assume that walls/ramps/etc would have the same effect.

I wonder, though, if making the square 0/7 water instead of 0/7 magma might help. If not, you could try making it 1/7 water, then waiting a few steps, then making it 0/7 water. I've never tried either of these, but I probably will before building floors next time I get in this situation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version