Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Age of Mage and Heroes (OOC, questions thread)  (Read 7745 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Mage and Heroes
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 12:34:35 pm »

This is tempting, but it seems you have enough players already. I'll watch for now.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2010, 12:45:55 pm »

I think I will join, although I request to be a civ in a corner somewhere, as I won't have much access to the computer for the next few weeks.

Name:
As Ger-Rán

Description:
As Ger-Rán is in the eldertongue, and translates to 'Kindom of Ger-Rán', the Blessed ones, more commonly known as Orcs. For many years the Orcs were seperated into factions, local lords locked in a seemingly endless prison of fuedal warfare, alliance and backstabbing. Finally, naturally, a king emerged from the turmoil and united the factions, through a mixture of diplomacy, coercion and warfare. This king was Bor Roth-An. Now, three generations later, Icklan Roth-Ur sits upon the throne, and thanks to his and his forefathers attention, As Ger-Rán has been transformed into an efficient state, with a powerful economy and military.

The backbone of the Orc army are it's legions. Outfitted in steel plate and equppied with Steel arms they are more costly than the average enemy, but their strikes are more devastating and their armour more protecting. The training that an Orc legionaire is put through is also very intense, allowing them to march great distances without tiring, ample compensation for the encumberance their equipment causes. Each legionaire is equipped with steel plate, from head to foot and then either a kite shield/longsword combo or a pike. The Pike units are able to form a phalanx, perfect against a cavalry charge and a deterrant against dive-bombing flying units.

The ranged legions are of a similar pattern, but are given less restrictive armour. They still have a Steel Breastplate and Helmet, but have Steel chainmail on their arms and legs. Again there are two options as a ranged warrior, either a Crossbow, or Longbow. The Crossbow is used in Conjunction with a Pavise, which is thrust into the ground. It is also possible to deploy a row of Pavise to make a rudementary wall to any attackers. The Longbow units are more agile, as they are without a Pavise.

Finally are the beast masters. They are equipped in the same was as a longsword legionaire, but each one has command of between three and five dogs. If they can be called dogs. They are more like trained wolves by the size of them, but have some very distinctly dog-like tendancies. THey are primarily used as shock troops or for hunting down light infantry.

Leader:
While Icklan is the king, the main military leader is Eran Son-Tan, High Mage of the Council and General of the Army. He is a lifelong friend of Icklan, and so, although Eran can not commision the recruitment of new units himself, he is easily able to persuade Icklan.

Elemental alignment: Fire

Unique Unit: These are the Shan-Rán, the Chosen Ones. In each litter of orcs, there is a small chance to produce a Shan-Rán. They are much larger, stronger and tougher than there Orc counterparts, who respect them greatly. Any family who produces a Shan-Rán are also raised above those who have not. However, when before a Shan-Rán would have the right to control any Orc's he wished, now they respect their kin's ability to invent and design, a flaw of the Shan-Rán that many, including themselves, feel is worth.

A Shan-Rán unit is encased in armour stronger even than a Legionaire's, and, although the also adopt the longsword/kite shield approach, they are eqquipped with bastard swords, allowing them to shed their shield and fight 2-handed if need be.

I understand that my army may be overpowered, but I don't mind having an increase in cost or not actually being able to produce some of them in the beginning. (and yes, I kinda stole most of my ideas from tolkien)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2010, 04:09:01 pm »

This is tempting, but it seems you have enough players already. I'll watch for now.

Actually, I'll try my luck anyway.

Name: The Heavenly Deer

Description: The Heavenly Deer is a tribe of wurad, humanoids with usually red skin that has white markings. The wurad are generally tough, strong-willed, and disciplined. They have an affinity to animals that allows them to domesticate, or at least tame, many wild beasts, and they use them in battle and for work. One of the most commonly used animals is the gurisho, a feline somewhat smaller than a lion, used as a mount by experienced wuradi warriors.
Most wuradi tribes are ruled by a chief, chosen when the old one dies, who is advised by a shaman. Beastmasters are tasked with scouting and the catching and taming of large animals that would otherwise be too dangerous to approach. Initiates of the shaman are responsible for the contact to other civilizations, in preparation for their mediating duties to the tribe.
Many wurad put their faith into beast allies, divine spirit animals that are believed roam the wilds and protect the faithful. Some wurad also believe that certain markings are a sign from the beast allies, but most dismiss that notion as superstition.
The Heavenly Deer makes its home, the city Oshoada, in a warm riverland, near some iron-rich mountains. Not having mastered steel-making and lacking access to bronze, they work with iron weapons, usually scimitars, axes, and bows. Iron armor, while used by some wurad, is usually eschewed in favor of lighter leather armor. Many troops are accompanied by smaller war animals for scouting and message delivery.

Leader: Sidra Tamestorms is the shaman of the Heavenly Deer. While technically only an advisor to the aging chief Roagd, he has been given free reign as the chief finds himself less able to the tribe together.

Elemental alignment: Beastmastery, the calling, taming, and summoning of animals and beasts.

Unique Unit: war elephants - These behemoths are clad in the best armor the tribe can afford, in order to keep these creatures alive in battle. Several riders armed with bows travel on a war elephant, with two of them trained in steering and calming the beast.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2010, 11:40:59 pm »

@ExKirby I found out a way to integrate your tribe. I'm pretty sure that your tribe will become... hilarious.

@Knight Otu: Beastmastery is not a elemental sphere, but a school of magic.

@Nirur Torir Exposed only work when they are in engaged. If you are engaged with an enemy with 1 friendly unit within 120 degrees (that is, 2 hexes cw or ccw) and is adjacent to you, you are not exposed. Having 2 means you are well-covered. This will discourage suicidal squads used as roadblocks as they'll be routed quickly.
Leveling up, in general, is by killing when your leader is in the vicinity. "in vicinity" here means you are in the same battle.
These 2 will be in the rules.

@Everyone It seemed to have a good selection of tribes. I'll start writing up the tribes (and to close rule loopholes) tomorrow. In addition, as to make some space for the armies to move, I'll make the map 4 times as big to 80x80. That is 6400 hexes to cover.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 11:53:14 pm by evilcherry »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2010, 01:37:56 am »

Thanks.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2010, 02:13:17 am »

Ahh, buggerit. I would've joined, seeing as I'd already known what I'd wanted, but I can't focus enough to punch anything out, and you're already about ready to start.

Maybe next round! Good luck.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2010, 04:11:00 am »

Would Animals be a better sphere, or would it have to be Nature with an emphasis on animals?
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2010, 01:36:21 am »

Abilities:
ttl:x The unit will disappear at the end of a move when x reaches 0. x is decreased by 1 at the start of a move.
fantasy: is a fantasy creature and can be made as a target of a variety of spells and abilities.
Forced March: Adds 50% of the total value of Movement to it. Lose 1 Spirit.
Desertwalk: Treats deserts as roads for movement.
Cavalry: Is cavalry unit, ignores Flanking spirit modifiers
Charge x: Can Charge. Charge means an extra attack made on the move when a unit moves into the ZoC of a enemy unit. Can only be made once per hex moved, and cannot be made when made on the previous hex moved. Such attacks is made with an attack value of x+1d6 against the defense value of the defender, adding modifiers from abilities and spirit. Such unit will automatically receive 1 damage if a charge does not succeed.
Inquisition: +1 damage against fantasy.

Note: The Necro-kains is a tribe with a cavalry-heavy loadout. The Camel Rider is the first heavy cavalry in this game, and unless it is met with spears, it is a moving castle of destruction, especially when spirits build up. The Zizan'bar is a unit which counters fantasy (i.e. summoned, conjured, elemental etc. Dragons are not fantasy) creatures, and its ability to set up ambushes is a bonus.

Other tribes will be written up one by one.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2010, 01:44:13 am »

Gonna watch, and if it all works out and there is another round down the track. So in on that one...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2010, 11:45:06 am »

Iconic: All allies within 2 hex have +1 spirit; does not stack with similar effects. If this unit dies, all allies within 2 hex lose 1 spirit, and enemies gain 1 additional spirit.
Underwater: Treat water as roads. Cannot be seen by other units when in water or swamps, unless engaged or when the spotter is in air.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2010, 12:48:14 pm »

Looks good to me!

My color is indeed blue, or white if blue is already claimed.

Capital city: Underlight
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2010, 02:00:17 pm »

Player: Jesse
Civ Name: The Northern Catalyst
Colour: [Cyan?]
Capital City: [need name]
Sphere: Dark Ice. Dark Ice is Icy Darkness. The dark frost spell is a very standard opening move, combining draining and slowing in one move. Throwing of Dark ice bombs will disrupt formations, and Dark ice shards can put doubts of the fight to rest.

Leader: Eyjakacul [XX/Eyjakacul/H6:6/R0:0/A0/D2/M6/S-:-/Ab:Flying]
Leader Level: 1 [0/10] Mana: [10/10]
Leader Spells:
Dark Frost: Curse. For next 2 moves, -3 Movement to target unit, and throw 1d6. On 1 or 2 target unit take 1 damage (damage prevention works here). Range 4. Cost 4mp.
Dark Ice bombs: Designate a hex. At the end of the next opponent's turn, the unit on it takes 1 damage (damage prevention works here). Range 3. Cost 4mp.
Dark Ice Shards: Removes 1 hp from target unit. Range 4. Cost 6mp.

Units:
Ice Spears [XX/Ice Spears/H:2:2/R0:0/A2/D4/M8/S0:0/Ab:Amphibian] Requires 2 food, 2 resources, Barracks
Ice Wielder [XX/Ice Wielder/H2:2/R3:3/A2/D2/M8/S0:0/Ab:Amphibian] Requires: 2 food, 2 resources, Hall of Ice <- Basic missile troop throwing ice
Ice Carrier [XX/Ice Carrier/H3:3/R0:0/A2/D5/M6/S1:1/Ab:Amphibian] Requires: 2 food, 5 resources, Barracks, Hall of Ice
Snowtroopers [XX/Snowtroopers/H3:3/R2:2/A3/D2/M12/S0:0/Ab:] Requires: 2 food, 3 resources, Barracks, Training range <- On sledges or such.
Ice Fiend [XX/Ice Fiend/H:6:6/R0:0/A4/D3/M6/S2:2/Ab:Iconic, Fantasy, Ice-based] Requires: 4 food, 7 resources, Hall of Ice, Fiend Roost

City Layout (tentative):

Hex 1: City Walls, Defense tower; Barracks, Hall of Ice
Hex 2: City Walls, Defense tower; Training Range, Fiend Roost

The Northern Catalyst are a frail tribe, magically centered. While they have pikemen to defeat cavalry, they depend more on their shield troops to lock opponents in position, and have to rely on their strong spells to get the edge needed. Snowtroopers provide the needed mobility, but they are just not first-rate troops.

Amphibian: Can walk on water.
Ice-based: Cannot survive in deserts.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2010, 02:58:21 pm »

Player: ExKirby
Civ Name: Kyrby Clan
Colour: Shocking Pink
Sphere: Wind. Wind did little direct damage, but is hated for obvious reasons. Wings of wind increases movement, and Levitate have extreme utility as it can take something out of commission or remove your unit from melee while still maintaining the ability to snipe, plus it is hard to dispel. Tornado adds some spice to the field by moving and hurting units.

Leader: Kirby [XX/Eyjakacul/H6:6/R0:0/A0/D2/M6/S-:-/Ab:Flying]
Leader Spells:
Wings of Wind: Enhancement. Until the start of your next move, target unit gains 50% of its movement. Cost 3mp.
Levitate: Enhancement. Until the start of your next move, Target unit gains natural flying ability. Cost 4mp.
Tornado: Removes 1 hp from target unit. Can move target unit to adjacent unoccupied hex. Cost 8mp.

Units:
Stone Kyrby! [XX/Stone Kyrby/H3:3/R0:0/A1/D5/M6/S0:0/Ab:Kyrby] Requires 2 food, 2 resources, Kyrby Hall
Heroic Kyrby! [XX/Heroic Kyrby/H3:3/R0:0/A5/D2/M8/S2:2/Ab:Kyrby, Inquisition] Requires: 3 food, 4 resources, Kyrby Hall, Triangular Building
Mouse Kyrby! [XX/Mouse Kyrby/H2:2/R3:3/A2/D2/M8/S0:0/Ab:Kyrby] Requires: 2 food, 3 resources, Kyrby Hall, Ball-shaped Building
Plumber Kyrby! [XX/Plumber Kyrby/H3:3/R2:3/A4/D2/M8/S0:0/Ab:Kyrby, Plumber Kyrby] Requires: 3 food, 3 resources, Kyrby Hall, Mushroom-shaped building
Copier [XX/Kyrby/H:2:2/R0:0/A2/D2/M8/S0:0/Ab:Kyrby, Copier Kyrby] Requires: 3 food, 3 resources, Kyrby Hall

City Layout (tentative):

Hex 1: City Walls, Defense tower; Barracks, Ball-shaped building
Hex 2: City Walls, Defense tower; Triangular building, Mushroom-shaped building

Kyrbys are odd...balls. It does not have any special strength or weaknesses, save it does not have a good cavalry counter, nor it has any cavalry. Its recycling capability could be useful as to adapt to other strategies.

p.s. References should be pretty blatant.

Kyrby (ability) Can transform into a normal Kyrby unit [XX/Kyrby/H:x:2/R0:0/A2/D2/M8/Sx:0/Ab:Kyrby] at anytime. When building other kyrby units, can trade at most 1 normal kyrby unit in the same city as 1 food 1 resource, while retaining the current health and spirit value of the traded unit.
Plumber Kyrby (Ability) Loses Ranged attack at 2hp. Becomes A2 but gains stealth at 1hp.
Copier Kyrby (Ability): When defeating any enemy unit, can choose to assume the enemy's abilities. Doing so will remove the corpse of the unit from the game. Can revoke to baseline copier kyrby at anytime. Gains R3:3 which revokes the unit back to baseline copier kyrby when used.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 03:26:10 pm by evilcherry »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2010, 03:17:38 pm »

These all look good, I'm looking forward to seeing how my civ turns out.

THis is also quite a good way of doing things imo. Gives rewards for good RP (something I need)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2010, 03:22:46 pm »

Player: Kashyyk
Civ Name: As Ger-Rán
Colour: Red?
Sphere: Fire. Fire is defined by damage. Flame weapons deliver extra damage, Flame shield deters by reflecting damage, and fireball deals damage plus a possibility to overpower it even it leads to backdrafts.

Leader: Eran Son-Tan [XX/Eran Son-Tan/H6:6/R0:0/A0/D2/M6/S-:-/Ab:Flying]
Leader Spells:
Flame Weapons: Enchant target unit. When Target unit deals damage, throw 1d6. On 5 or 6, deal 1 extra damage. Cost 4mp. Range 4.
Flame Shield: Enchant target unit. When Target unit receives damage, throw 1d6. On 4, 5 or 6, Deal 1 damage to attacker. Cost 5mp. Range 4.
Fireball: Deals 1 damage to target unit. Can spend 2 mp and 1 hp to deal 1 more damage. Cost 5mp. Range 4. <- note that damage prevention works explicitly in fireball

Units:
Orc Legionnaire [XX/Orc Legionnaire/H3:3/R0:0/A4/D5/M5/S0:0/Ab:] Requires 3 food, 4 resources, Barracks.
Orc Pikemen [XX/Orc Pikemen/H3:3/R0:0/A3/D4/M6/S0:0/Ab:Anticav] Requires: 3 food, 3 resources, Barracks.
Orc Longbowmen [XX/Orc Longbowmen/H3:3/R4:4/A3/D3/M7/S0:0/Ab:] Requires: 4 food, 4 resources, Archery Range.
Wardog [XX/Wardog/H2:2/R0:0/A6/D1/M10/S0:0/Ab:Animal] Requires: 2 food, 2 resources, Kennels
Shan-Rán [XX/Shan-Rán/H:4:4/R0:0/A5/D6/M5/S2:2/Ab:] Requires: 6 food, 6 resources, Barracks, Shan-Rán Hall <- Giving charge will lead to them being uber OP; I don't give you Iconic as it is more a hindrance than help, and big orcs does not stand out as much as trolls.

City Layout (tentative):

Hex 1: City Walls, Defense tower; Barracks, Archery Range
Hex 2: City Walls, Defense tower; Shan-Rán Hall, Kennels
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7