Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Age of Mage and Heroes (OOC, questions thread)  (Read 7746 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: Age of Mage and Heroes
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2010, 03:32:57 pm »

Capital is dreamland. And I assume we unlock new units as time progresses?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2010, 03:50:47 pm »

Flame Shield: Enchant target unit. When Target unit receives damage, throw 1d6. On 4, 5 or 6, Deal 1 damage to attacker. Cost 5mp. Range 4.
Is this for melee damage only?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2010, 03:52:37 pm »

The Capital for the As Ger-Rán will be Ger-Rán Fer, The Blessed Ones Home.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2010, 04:19:43 pm »

Player: Grek
Civ Name: Overheim
Colour: [???]
Capital City: [need name]
Sphere: [I select storm for you, or you can use the Kyrby abilities]. Storms are radically different from wind, as it becomes more aggressive. The Lightning spell only need the target be visible, and no need for LoS or be in range; The Sonic Boom spell will surely hit some of your allies, but its damage potential cannot be underestimated especially in danger. Strum und Drang embraced the brutality of the sphere: as long as you kill, you get more spirit, and when you are not killing, you lose it quickly.

Leader: Sky Wizard [XX/Sky Wizard/H6:6/R0:0/A0/D2/M6/S-:-/Ab:Flying]
Leader Level: 1 [0/10] Mana: [10/10]
Leader Spells:
Lightning: Remove 1 hp from any visible target. Cost 7 mp.
Sonic Boom: Remove 1hp from every unit within 2 hex of caster. cost 8mp.
Strum und Drang: At the end of a move, if killed a unit in this move, gain 1 spirit. Otherwise, lose 1 spirit. Undispellable and last for the battle. 4mp.

Units:
Peasant Levy [XX/Peasant Levy/H2:2/R0:0/A2/D2/M8/S0:0/Ab:Anticav, Forced march] Requires 1 food, 1 resources, Jailhouse.
Storm Raven [XX/Storm Raven/H1:1/R0:0/A2/D4/M15/S0:0/Ab:Natural flying, Animal] Requires: 1 food, 1 resources, Nest.
Blue Drake [XX/Blue Drake/H3:3/R3:3/A3/D4/M9/S1:1/Ab:Natural Flying, Dragon]Requires: 5 food, 4 resources, Nest, Jailhouse.
Eagle Rider [xx/Eagle Rider/H:2:2/R3:4/A1/D2/M12/S0:0/Ab:Natural Flying, Cavalry]Requires: 3 food, 2 resources, Nest, Archery Range.
Cloud Giant [XX/Cloud Giant/H4:4/R0:0/A4/D6/M8/S1:1/Ab:Iconic, Flying] Requires: 8 food, 5 resources, Barracks.

The Overheim has a selection of Air units, but its ground department is unsurprising lacking. The mismatch would create many problems, especially when you do not have the right tool to stop an army from feasting in YOUR castles.
p.s. I probably misinterpreted your tribe; I try to recreate it from what I remembered in LoM. Please give suggestions.

City Layout (tentative):

Hex 1: City Walls, Defense tower; Barracks, Archery Range
Hex 2: City Walls, Defense tower; Nest, Jailhouse

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2010, 04:22:03 pm »

@ExKirby. Yes. You improve by building buildings, or by researching (the exact mechanisms is still under construction). The list will be quite open, and be sure to submit your ideas.
@Nirur Torir: Yes, and it is a wording bug. Will integrate this into trunk.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2010, 05:11:33 pm »

Final tribe. Need to sleep for a bit(it's 6am here!); will combine the rules (especially heroes) into the trunk, as well as to iron out the problems. Will also make the game map tomorrow.

Player: Knight Otu
Civ Name: The Heavenly Deer
Colour: [___]
Capital City: Oshoada
Sphere: Beastmastery. From mundane animals to legendary "fantastic" creatures, they are all part of a beastmaster's arsenal. The attentiveness of the Crow and the powerful lumbering great bear spirit are just a few examples. Unfriendly animals will be subdued to reduce their power, while friendly ones can be enhanced in the same rein.

Leader: Sidra Tamestorms [XX/Sidra Tamestorms/H6:6/R0:0/A0/D2/M6/S-:-/Ab:Flying]
Leader Level: 1 [0/10] Mana: [10/10]
Leader Spells:
Summon Crow: [XX/Spirit Crow/H1:1/R0:0/A0/D2/M15/S-:-/Ab:Natrual Flying, ttl:1, detect stealth, Fantasy, Animal] 3mp.
Summon Great Bear Spirit: [XX/Great Bear Spirit/H4:4/R0:0/A3/D2/M6/S-:-/Ab:Forestwalk, ttl:2, Fantasy, Animal] Cost 8mp.
Animal Training: Change the attack or defense value of any Animal or Cavalry unit in range by 1 for 4 turns. Cost 4mp.

Units:
Gurisho Raider [XX/Gurisho Raider/H3:3/R0:0/A4/D3/M10/S1:1/Ab:Cavalry, Forestwalk] Requires 3 food, 2 resources, Animal Pen, Gurisho Pen.
Wuradi Woodsmen [XX/Wuradi Woodsmen/H3:3/R0:0/A3/D3/M7/S1:1/Ab:Forestwalk] Requires: 2 food, 2 resources, Barracks.
Wuradi Bowmen [XX/Wuradi Bowmen/H2:2/R3:3/A2/D2/M8/S1:1/Ab:Forestwalk] Requires: 2 food, 2 resources, Archery Range.
Lynx [XX/Lynx/H:2:2/R0:0/A5/D1/M8/S0:0/Ab:Forestwalk] Requires 1 food 1 resources, Animal Pen
War Elephant [XX/War Elephant/H:6:6/R4:3/A3/D6/M6/S0:0/Ab:Cavalry, Charge 1] Requires: 6 food, 7 resources, Animal Pen.

City Layout (tentative):

Hex 1: City Walls, Defense tower; Barracks, Archery Range
Hex 2: City Walls, Defense tower; Animal Pen, Gurisho Pen
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 12:44:37 am by evilcherry »

Jesse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2010, 05:16:18 pm »

Okay, cyan for my color is fine.  Capital shall be Mozigluuk. 
~Jesse

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2010, 05:37:08 pm »

Redacted; I'll join the next round.

But I will join the next round.

Muahahaha.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 06:41:04 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2010, 06:43:27 pm »

He Watched. He Waited. He Saw.

He felt a stirring in the magic, the world was coming alive.

He floated over to the window and looked upon the most Holy Sepulchre. Citadel of His soon to be empire. The glowing yellow flags flapping in the harsh desert wind in a tribute to His glory.

He felt in the wind that new powers, some a strong as Him, were stirring. He felt it was time.

The rabble He had taken over were now a disciplined fighting force, formed around a core of camels and inquisitors, soon they would march to spread the Word Of Him to the four corners of this world.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2010, 07:33:00 pm »

((Warning: This scene contains slavery, mild disturbing imagery, and elves. I do not condone slavery, yet feel it is important to the race I have created. Please do not read if you are insulted by it.))

The Head Mage awoke with a start, sweat dripping down his forehead. In his dreams, his people were reduced to menial labor by ... something. They lost, for they failed to take the initiative. He was kept alive through magic, locked in a soundless dark room. Nothingness. Boredom.

The vivid battles leading up to his dream defeat began to dull in his mind as a mentally broken and physically scarred slave dabbed the sweat away, and another fed him fresh fruit. A thin elf silently directed a third to rub his feet; he smirked as he reached underneath his pillow for a long jagged knife, then stabbed the slave twice. It fell to the ground, clutching its bleeding stomach. He grunted, and the thin elf stepped forward to heal the fallen slave. The other two remained unfazed.

He licked the blood off the knife as his slaves dressing him in exquisitely soft green robes. He exited by a large doorway covered with a green curtain made of the same material as his robes; the thin elf followed as his slaves cleaned his room.

He left the his house, a circular "building" formed of living long trees spiraling towards a point twelve meters off the ground. Several other buildings were nearby, some from live trees, while some were from dead trees or wood. Those were owned by less wealthy elves. He walked with a relaxed pace towards the council meeting grounds, a grove in the middle of the city. He paid no attention to those who crossed his path, just as they paid him little attention.

He was among the first to arrive, as usual. The meeting grounds was a circle of fifteen identical trees. In the center stands a large stump from a tree that had stood for centuries before his ancestors had cut it down. It stood three meters high and was three meters across, stairs cut into it at each of the four cardinal points. He flew to a large branch at the top of one of the trees and sat, not bothering with the branches grown into stairs that spiraled around it.

Time passed, and the meeting began. Elves who enjoyed speaking gave speeches. Elves who enjoyed bickering bickered. It was his turn, and he flew down to the platform. He spoke of war, of conquest, of the need for new slaves. Those they had were dwindling, and were used to their lot. He returned to his seat. For the remainder of the day, the council discussed his words.

He would get his war.

Jesse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2010, 07:48:46 pm »

Eyjakacul opened his eyes.  Darkness surronded him.  The gods were creating the world and their people, and he had not yet been placed in the universe.  He waited for his time, for his people's time, and for his god's time.  The world formed around him in rock and water.  He swam in the great oceans and walked the pale earth before he settled down. 

In the northern glaciers, far from anyone else, he lived and created.  His people followed him, forming large cities of ice. 

Eyjakacul remembered when the world was formed and when he was created.  Now he will remember the age of Mage and Heroes, the age of his people's final hours, and the time for glory and war.
~Jesse

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2010, 12:33:37 am »

Up above the world, in his castle of stormy clouds, Lord Untercirris sat at his table. Above him was the open sky. Below him, ants. Human, but ants all the same to one such as Untercirris. They were his slaves and below his notice save when they did something useful.

Currently, his servants were dragging forth dozens of tiny cows on their puny backs. He spoke, "Move faster, worthless humans. I have a hunger as deep as the wells of the Underworld, and it will not be filled by cheese alone. I want MEAT." And with that, he snatched up a cow, and its handler, swallowing both in a single gulp, crushing the bones between his massive teeth.

As the human slaves fleed in horror, the grim giant mused to himself. "We need more slaves. And cows. I will go to the Cloud King and demand that he make the humans give us more."

Meanwhile in the Inverted Tower, the defacto capital of Overheim, the mighty Sky Wizard plots the downfall of the lesser races. But first, he would need to eliminate the competition...

(I am content with the current units/s[ells. I hadn't planned on having dragons or eagle riders, but both are awesome and I am totaly fine with having them.)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 12:36:31 am by Grek »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2010, 12:49:12 am »

Note to all players: While I'm still struggling with the rules, I'd also announce that a re-balancing operation is down the order. The current selection is by no-means definite or final, so do not take your stats for granted. If you have anything you really want, tell me or expect misinterpretations.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2010, 04:22:11 am »

While I meant the riverlands to be more plains than forest, that's fine as is. My error in not making it clear.

There's no range on Animal Training, it seems. Most spells seem to have range 4. The attack value on the lynx looks rather high to me.

Since I was too late for yellow, I'll take white or brown in order of preference.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2010, 04:39:03 am »

While I meant the riverlands to be more plains than forest, that's fine as is. My error in not making it clear.

There's no range on Animal Training, it seems. Most spells seem to have range 4. The attack value on the lynx looks rather high to me.

Since I was too late for yellow, I'll take white or brown in order of preference.
Animal Training should be range 4.
I'll tone down the Lynx to A:5. However, Its defense makes it more like an expendable.
You are Officially White.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7