Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Dwarves Wiped out

(1/5) > >>

twwolfe:
Just genned a world to 1031, i start and find out that all 4 dwarf civs have been wiped out by humans. i've got my starting 7, plus 10 migrants that have arrived, but i don't think I'm getting any more. this is in.04, so i'm a bit more worried than if this was 40d.

any tips for surviving?

also, the elves are down to 2 forest retreats, having been wiped out by those same humans. thankfully, these elves bring me sunberries

GuudeSpelur:
Did you get a dwarf caravan?  If you did, you'll get migrants.  If not, then you'll have to grow your population the old-fashioned way and try to bring the world's dwarf population back up.

Eric Blank:
You'll never get any more migrants after the initial two waves in summer and fall.

No caravans
no nobles
elves only
Final destination.
And no matter how big a fortress you make, abandoning/losing a settlement will not allow your civilization to be reconstructed. Sad really.

Now, how did you get a world to run up to 1031? I've never genned a world past 508, and that was a medium realm where everyone died from titans/mega-beasts and there was nothing but ruins, the game always crashes, usually in the 300s. Do I just have too little ram to handle anything past a pocket dimension at 4gb?

Meanmelter:
I Genned a world up to 9999 years. It was like the Elven Planet. They attacked everything and most of the heroic people were elves. There are only two things that are not elven. The Underground cavern, and a ONE dwarven city that is deeply in war with the Elves. Reading the legends, the dwarfs and the elves started the war around 237. there first fight was not until 347, after 347 all other civilizations seemed to attack the elves, after that, he elves managed to overcome everyone except this one dwarven city. The civilization is, 'The Palisade dwellers' They did lose two city's, but this ONE city has been through everything from 1-9999. The civilization has attacked the elves all around them. The city was only attacked twice. One time by the Cyclops that managed to kill about three Citizens, a Brewer, a Peasant, and the Kings Sister or daughter, I forgot, I am sorry! Anyway, The Dwarven city seems to be flourishing in people and nothing seems to break there courage. I dunno if I should even embark. If I do, I am bringing two Dwarven Marksdwarfs. The longer the Gen is, the waaaaay more interesting the game gets!

Anyone else get this strange apocalypse of Elves?

Hyndis:
Wall off the outside world. Do not breach the caverns, or if you do, wall the caverns off.

Create a 1x1 meeting zone and set up a well and a farm. Let them drink water while growing plump helmets. This gives them plenty of idle time where they can socialize in that 1x1 meeting zone.

Within a few years your fortress should be crawling with bearded babies.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version