Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: healthcare for adventurers  (Read 1641 times)

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
healthcare for adventurers
« on: August 14, 2010, 12:19:42 pm »

Seems like this should be obvious, but I can't find anything in the wiki on it. How does an adventurer heal injuries or get treatment? I've tried talking to every dwarven and elvish healer or doctor I can find, but the topic doesn't appear. Resting in a bed doesn't work, and retiring for awhile doesn't get the adventurer to automatically seek treatment. I've got otherwise successful adventurers barely crawling along. Am I supposed to just throw them to the wildlife, or can they be brought back to good condition?

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: healthcare for adventurers
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 05:27:48 pm »

The only sort of medical tratment is self administered, and the only way to get the exotic supplies, (cruch, splint, cast) you cant do much, but you can wrap a wound, and I think suture it, no cleaning though.

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 07:00:33 pm »

Fast travel pretty much cures about anything
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 05:40:39 am »

Not if your bleeding, and not severed nerves, and not whilst underground, so crutch, and cloth are still viable.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 02:59:35 pm »

Fast travel didn't heal anything on that guy, so I retired him with a suicide mission. Another adventurer manages to heal everything with fast travel except for one unspecified lower body injury that doesn't seem to have any consequence, but he's also never had any broken bones.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 03:58:34 pm »

i do beleive that is what you get when you get scars...
also, cloth does nothing other than just cover your hands (bleeding doesn't stop, it's more of what boxers wrap around their hands to fight).