Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Guys....you are making to munch noise for the Bronze Colosuss  (Read 15944 times)

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
Re: Guys....you are making to munch noise for the Bronze Colosuss
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 09:27:36 am »

I thought the general requirments to post in any forum was to have better grammer than a rock? well...whatever
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.

lorddio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 12:05:54 pm »

I thought the general requirments to post in any forum was to have better grammer than a rock? well...whatever

1)The post was created for all the people who wants to do a time consuming mega proyect in the name of DWARF SCIENCE!!!
2) use the short version if dont want to read
3) its spelt "requirements" no "requirments"

thx ^_^

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 01:56:50 pm »

It's spelt project, it isn't dwarf science, it's attempting to unprove a proven fact, YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE WEATHER!

zourath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 08:59:21 pm »

1)The post was created for all the people who wants to do a time consuming mega proyect in the name of DWARF SCIENCE!!!
2) use the short version if dont want to read
3) its spelt "requirements" no "requirments"

thx ^_^
He wasn't complaining about the length, he was complaining about the grammar. Such as proyect, dont, and spelt. The two mistakes he made in his post were easy mistakes to make. I know I have a spacebar on my keyboard that isn't always responsive, and grammer does sound close to grammar. I have no idea how you can misspell wrestling as wrestriling, not to mention all the lower case i's and bronce.

/Urist McGrammarnazi.

lorddio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 11:23:35 am »

You clearly didnt read the post. I already modified the first post and said that i used notepad on the text here because, for some reason everytime i press a key to write something like i am doing right now in the "Post Reply" seccion, the side scroll bar over there >>>> moves up and i cant see anything i just wrote and i have to scroll down every time. So i said "fuck it" and went to notepad without checking the spelling, that way was more faster.
And again, i just started and because this game is know for its very good realistic physics even if the game its still in ALPHA. And because it has been proven that doesnt stop the rest of the players to try even to cut all the trees of the world to see a diference in the weather, after all, its time consuming and completely unnesesary (and they will end up doing it anyway)

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 04:05:19 pm »

You clearly couldn't read the post.
Fixed for clarity.
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2010, 04:28:06 pm »

What makes me wonder is that people just don't seem to SEE their own posts. Even if they're horribly mispelled, they seem to be completely blind to it. It's like they type on the keys, read over the final thing, and go "YEAH THAT'S RIGHT" and hit 'Post'.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 07:08:30 pm »

Aside from lorddio's atrocious grammar and spelling there remains the question he asked.
Sir, there has already been an apparatus made to encase invaders in ice.
Behold the Degrinchinator
From what I can tell it uses magma heated water that freezes shortly after being exposed to the cold outside air. There is no current way to manipulate the weather, but by using lava the temperature of water can be changed to allow for freezing traps to exist.

If you must lorddio, go and construct one of these to kill the bronze colossi, but please type up your first draft in a word processor with spellcheck next time instead of notepad. You'll get a lot less flak.

zourath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2010, 07:57:41 pm »

You clearly didnt read the post. I already modified the first post and said that i used notepad on the text here because, for some reason everytime i press a key to write something like i am doing right now in the "Post Reply" seccion, the side scroll bar over there >>>> moves up and i cant see anything i just wrote and i have to scroll down every time. So i said "fuck it" and went to notepad without checking the spelling, that way was more faster.
And again, i just started and because this game is know for its very good realistic physics even if the game its still in ALPHA. And because it has been proven that doesnt stop the rest of the players to try even to cut all the trees of the world to see a diference in the weather, after all, its time consuming and completely unnesesary (and they will end up doing it anyway)

So what you're saying is you either can't spell without a spell checker, or you are too lazy to check your own spelling? Posting is not F-Zero. You can spend an extra couple of minutes fixing a few of the more grievous errors, and it would make a world of difference. If people can't comprehend your posts, you fail to get your point across, and those minutes of your time trying to explain your ideas and experiences were just wasted. When you post in a forum, you are writing for other people, not yourself. You'd be much better received on this or any other forum if you just spend the extra minute or two making things legible, notepad or not.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2010, 02:22:05 am »

WEAKLING!

MESS AROUND WITH ANYTHING IN THE RAWS AND THEN THROW LEATHER AT BRONZE COLOSUSSES , ITS WHAT REAL MEN DO

ETHER THAT , OR THE LEATHER EXPLODES ON YOU JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN'T BE ASSED TO CARRY FIVE MILLION POUNDS OF THEM

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2010, 09:41:47 am »

Posting is not F-Zero.

Really? Shit. Where the hell is all this awesome music coming from, then?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2010, 01:42:26 am »

for some reason everytime i press a key to write something like i am doing right now in the "Post Reply" seccion, the side scroll bar over there >>>> moves up and i cant see anything i just wrote and i have to scroll down every time. So i said "fuck it" and went to notepad without checking the spelling, that way was more faster.

FUCK!
That happens to me on my other computer, its very fucked up.
I dont know how to fix it but yeah, your not the only one who has it.
If it helps, the one it does it on is a dell and using vista, damn hate that shit.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2010, 11:10:57 am »

It's an Internet explorer problem, USE MOTHER****ING FIREFOX!

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2010, 05:24:58 pm »

It's an Internet explorer problem, USE MOTHER****ING FIREFOX!
Really? I thought it was a Firefox-only problem...
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

Haus Party

• Bay Watcher
  • Haus cancels Write paper: Taken by Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2010, 12:52:39 am »

Nuh-uh, it's an Opera problem!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4