Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Guys....you are making to munch noise for the Bronze Colosuss  (Read 15756 times)

lorddio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SHORT VERSION:in Adventure mode, let him rush at you near a water poll so he stays there without escaping (that means do not use travel to skip time however Sleep works as long you do it in that area) wait for the water to froze and boila!!! you have a dead bronce colosuss and no corpse or items to collect.....i assume that they just vanish like the Atom Smasher
(if you shattered is leg he cant charge at you but you can wait until night, fight him over the frozen water poll until the sun rises, melts the ice both of you fall to the water and THEN wait for the night or the raing to lower the temperature and encase the Colosus in ice)
i was wondering if there is a way to use DWARF SCIENCE!!!! to froze water at will.

LONG VERSION:
i just started playing adventure mode since i saw Dwarf Fortress in Tv Tropes page and when i hear about the bronce colossus and the game physics being close to the real world, i wanted to try.

Lets start from the beginning all the way to where i finally meet the the BC.
I started as a Human whos name was Dio AncientWrath The World of Pain with 2 points for Shield User, 2 Armor User, 1 Swimmer and the rest for Swordman. After getting used to the ASCII i talked to the warlord and received a quest to kill a beast but before that i practice my wrestling with horses and buzards so i can get stronger and being able to dissarm enemies (horses were really good for lvling the armor and shield skills but i didnt want to waste to munch time so i just trained a bit and went for the beast.
I get to the cave marked and then found lots of items scatered around, my guess is that must be outside because the items didnt look rotten or in bad shape (and i was to noob to know how the caves work, i assumed that was the top flor the inside of the cave before i know about the hidden passage to the underground and most likely to the beast) then i looked around for long time and then......"Dragon Spits Goat right leg".......... oooook O_o, i search up in a hill to have a better look of where could it be and saw 2 goats corpses and the message apeared with the name of the Dragon and the people that it killed (Incoming FUN IN 3....2.....1) "Dragon uses the Fire Breath" good thing the shield blocked the hit while i run my ass out of the breath to the cave and wait for it to come closer, spit the fire, hide near the corner of the cave and then attack him. iit worked fine and when the dragon collapsed i started to strangle it to dead and i won (i think i get legendary  wrestler by doing just that)

The next quest was for a  guy called "Nibelly The Flame" and the quest map marked a town in the north of the same region and nation and was kinda weird that was marked in the town itself but maybe the monster was JUST right there at the moment. I went to the place and didnt find anything not even and anouncement like the other mobs and i spend like 6 hours lookuing for that fat bastard and i even talked to the arlord to do another quest but he requested the same mob to kill IN HIS OWN TOWN (at this point i want sure if was a human hated by his own people) but then i finally found this Nibelly THe Hot Flame when a message of "Law-giver Elite Wrestler strangles Horse" is  show and then i proceded to save the game and use the "l" to see what was the thing "pine Green Brute" of some kind with a poison breath and coulnt atack him until i used the "A" and confirmed and i get the message:

"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die"
ok that didnt happen ^_^ , i get this instead:
"I am Nibelly the Hot Flame"  "Prepare to die"

who looks the same dialog for the inocent people you can try to kill ( i did it once before) and proceded fight him........ he kick my ass for trying to wrestle with it and didnt manage to stab him with the sword. After a CTRL+ALT+DEL later, i killed without effort with the sword and then i get my big reward of GETTING MURDER BY THE PEOPLE WHO HIRED ME?????????????? WTF AND EVEN THE OTHER HUMAN TOWNS KICKED ME AFTER KILLING THEIR MONSTER THEY REQUESTED FOR.

Alright lets skip to the important part. I get the quest from the Queen, Princess and Druid of the Elf capital after a dozen of Hydras and then went with a Bronce maul and only 2 Elfs Elite Crossbowman, i found the cave and because i didnt know yet about the inside cavern complex i just went around the outside area of the cave until i find him. I used the sword and surprice!!! surprice!!! it didnt work, its just glances away even anything i throw at him, so i decided to burn the forest and make him go across the fire and i fight him in the area where the fire only reach him (didnt worked that only make the blood of the other victims to boil in his skin) and for some reason it started to melt even if i didnt stay to munch time near the fire and while i was running around to make the boil effect go away (water doesnt help) i saw the BC in the water pool atacking the Elf from there and i took the chance to bash him with the maul hoping that the added efect of the fire and the sudden drop of temperature by droping in the water will make him weak but only managed to bash his body and limps to red and he managed to drop his shield he was wearing in the water. The ugly one killed the 2 elfs and after seeing that he cant leave the pool i Thought it will be better to travel and go back in the night to see him encased in ice. And after that he was OUTSIDE the ice trying to punch me intead of being encased. My guess was that after you travel the beast resets its place in the map (the cave) and then you must wait for it to see it happen.

What was my solution? i went to the cave underground, i lure him back to outside (TWICE because while he was folling me i desided to use sneak mode so he will be faster than me and i dont have to press 5 to wait for him and after 2 steps in sneak mode the BC just banished 4 floors underground!! maybe its true that they just reset to any floor of the cave) then i fight him all the night over the frozen water until i get bored and tryed to use the dead elf bodies as weapons and what do you know? they not only bash him, they also can bash multiple parts of his body and even CUT parts of him away all over the place (AND THIS IS REALLY WEIRD BECAUSE THE INFO ABOUT HIM STILL SHOWS THE LIMPS IN RED INSTAD OF GRAY FOR LOST LIMPS)  until the sun finally melted the ice and make us fall to the water and after that i just Sleept near and when i woke up it was raining and the water finnaly froze with the BC inside with the mesassage "Insert name of the Bronce Colosuss has been encased in ice" and at last after so many days of battle i went with the news to the Queen of the elf for my next task.........................another bronce colosuss needs to die..................-_- FU@&"·"(%$·! ELFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------------------
To reply all the people about the text over here: Yes, i used the Notepad because i dont know why but every time i wrote something in the edit text from this forum the text just keeps scrolling up and down i mean scrolling bar right there >>>>>> for every key i press for some reason so i sida "EFFFit!!!" and went to the notepad.
I fixed it now (i guess)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 11:10:22 am by lorddio »

wrytalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guys....you are making to munch noise for the Bronze Colosuss
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 04:23:57 pm »

Too illegible; didn't read.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 04:26:53 pm »

Oh dear god that was alot of words.

Hmmm...

Nothing like a message A-Pear-ing  :P
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

lorddio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 04:39:49 pm »

That is what the short version is for.
Any ideas for using the dwarf physics to lower the temperature of the water to the freezing point?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 10:11:55 pm »

It's called weather. Nothing else can do it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 12:50:44 am »

Isn't there a glitch with duplicate entries were you can end up with generic "leather" that boils at below absolute zero and freezes everything around it?

Though I'm not sure how useful that would be when dealing with Colossi...
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

lorddio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 11:41:04 am »

Dude, if made megaproyects like:
A massive tower made out of soap, projects to drain an ocean tile, massive gold statues, a fully-functional, water-powered digital computer and creating a viable means to create self-sufficient colony pods SUBMERGED IN MAGMA SEAS, i think that at LEAST they can make a way to change the weather..............a massive winter at the pull of a lever. Isnt that insane enoght to try? ^_^

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 01:00:18 pm »

You can always pull a lever to make it rain ice cubes.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

truckman1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 08:27:14 pm »

BLOCK OUT THE SUN.

WE MUST DO IT.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's the point, it wouldn't be as fun to crush their souls if they didn't have souls to begin with.

Metroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 08:36:20 pm »

BLOCK OUT THE SUN.

WE MUST DO IT.

I think that people already do this to avoid the consequences of cave adaptation.
Euler's identity can be used to quickly (and informally) verify DeMoivre's Theorem.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 05:49:46 am »

SHORT VERSION:in Adventure mode, let him rush at you near a water poll so he stays there without escaping (that means do not use travel to skip time however Sleep works as long you do it in that area) wait for the water to froze and boila!!! you have a dead bronce colosuss and no corpse or items to collect.....i assume that they just vanish like the Atom Smasher
(if you shattered is leg he cant charge at you but you can wait until night, fight him over the frozen water poll until the sun rises, melts the ice both of you fall to the water and THEN wait for the night or the raing to lower the temperature and encase the Colosus in ice)
i was wondering if there is a way to use DWARF SCIENCE!!!! to froze water at will.

LONG VERSION:
i just started playing adventure mode since i saw Dwarf Fortress in Tv Tropes page and when i hear about the bronce colossus and the game physics being close to the real world, i wanted to try.

I started as a Human whos name was Dio AncientWrath The World of Pain with 2 points for Shield User, 2 Armor User, 1 Swimmer and the rest for Swordman. After getting used to the ASCII i talked to the warlord and received a quest to kill a beast but before that i practice my wrestriling with horses and buzards so i can get stronger and being able to dissarm enemies (horses were really good for lvling the armor and shield skills but i didnt want to waste to munch time so i just trained a bit and went for the beast.
I get to the cave marked and then found lots of items scatered around, my guess is that must be outside because the items didnt look rotten or in bad shape (and i was to noob to know how the caves work, i assumed that was the top flor the inside of the cave before i know about the hidden passage to the underground and most likely to the beast) then i looked around for long time and then......"Dragon Spits Goat right leg".......... oooook O_o, i search up in a hill to have a better look of where could it be and saw 2 goats corpses and the message apeared with the name of the Dragon and the people that it killed (Incoming FUN IN 3....2.....1) "Dragon uses the Fire Breath" good thing the shield blocked the hit while i run my ass out of the breath to the cave and wait for it to come closer, spit the fire, hide near the corner of the cave and then attack him. iit worked fine and when the dragon collapsed i started to strangle it to dead and i won (i think i get legendary  wrestler by doing just that)

The next quest was for a  guy called "Nibelly The Flame" and the quest map marked a town in the north of the same region and nation and was kinda weird that was marked in the town itself but maybe the monster was JUST right there at the moment. I went to the place and didnt find anything not even and anouncement like the other mobs and i spend like 6 hours lookuing for that fat bastard and i even talked to the arlord to do another quest but he requested the same mob to kill IN HIS OWN TOWN (at this point i want sure if was a human hated by his own people) but then i finally found this Nibelly THe Hot Flame when a message of "Law-in Elit Wrestler strangles Horse" is  show and then i proceded to save the game and use the "l" to see what was the thing "pine Green Brute" of some kind with a poison breath and coulnt atack him until i used the "A" and confirmed and i get the message:

who looks the same dialog for the inocent people you can try to kill ( i did it once before) and proceded fight him........ he kick my ass for trying to wrestle with it and didnt manage to stab him with the sword. After a CTRL+ALT+DEL later, i killed without effort with the sword and then i get my big reward of GETTING MURDER BY THE PEOPLE WHO HIRED ME?????????????? WTF AND EVEN THE OTHER HUMAN TOWNS KICKED ME AFTER KILLING THEIR MONSTER THEY REQUESTED FOR.

Alright lets skip to the important part. I get the quest from the Queen, Princess and Druid of the Elf capital after a dozen of Hydras and then went with a Bronce maul and only 2 Elfs Elite Crossbowman, i found the cave and because i didnt know yet about the inside cavern complex i just went around the outside area of the cave until i find him. I used the sword and surprice!!! surprice!!! it didnt work, its just glances away even anything i throw at him, so i decided to burn the forest and make him go across the fire and i fight him in the area where the fire only reach him (didnt worked that only make the blood of the other victims to boil in his skin) and for some reason it started to melt even if i didnt stay to munch time near the fire and while i was running around to make the boil effect go away (water doesnt help) i saw the BC in the water pool atacking the Elf from there and i took the chance to bash him with the maul hoping that the added efect of the fire and the sudden drop of temperature by droping in the water will make him weak but only managed to bash his body and limps to red and he managed to drop his shield he was wearing in the water. The ugly one killed the 2 elfs and after seeing that he cant leave the pool i Thought it will be better to travel and go back in the night to see him encased in ice. And after that he was OUTSIDE the ice trying to punch me intead of being encased. My guess was that after you travel the beast resets its place in the map (the cave) and then you must wait for it to see it happen.

What was my solution? i went to the cave underground, i lure him back to outside (TWICE because while he was folling me i desided to use sneak mode so he will be faster than me and i dont have to press 5 to wait for him and after 2 steps in sneak mode the BC just banished 4 floors underground!! maybe its true that they just reset to any floor of the cave) then i fight him all the night over the frozen water until i get bored and tryed to use the dead elf bodies as weapons and what do you know? they not only bash him, they also can bash multiple parts of his body and even CUT parts of him away all over the place (AND THIS IS REALLY WEIRD BECAUSE THE INFO ABOUT HIM STILL SHOWS THE LIMPS IN RED INSTAD OF GRAY FOR LOST LIMPS)  until the sun finally melted the ice and make us fall to the water and after that i just Sleept near and when i woke up it was raining and the water finnaly froze with the BC inside with the mesassage "Insert name of the Bronce Colosuss has been encased in ice" and at last after so many days of battle i went with the news to the Queen of the elf for my next task.........................another bronce colosuss needs to die..................-_- FU@&"·"(%$·! ELFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------------------
To reply all the people about the text over here: Yes, i used the Notepad because i dont know why but every time i wrote something in the edit text from this forum the text just keeps scrolling up and down i mean scrolling bar right there >>>>>> for every key i press for some reason so i sida "EFFFit!!!" and went to the notepad.
I fixed it now (i guess)

ABRIDGED VERSION
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm new to dwarf fortress.

My first mission was to kill a dragon.
I strangled him to death.

My second mission was to kill the demon lawgiver of the city.
dick move warlord, dick move.
I savescummed.

I took a quest from the Elves. They want me to kill a Bronze Collossus.
I took two warriors with me.

The bronze collossus was tough.
I burned down the forest (In front of both of the elves [lol]) so that with the bronze collossus's increased heat, the cold rain would cause his limbs to rapidly contract after thermal expansion, weakening him.

It did not work and he killed the elves.

We fought for forever and I couldn't land any killing blows. We fell into a quickly melting lake and I swam out and slept by the shore. When I awoke I recieved a message indicating that the collossus had been killed by a freezing pond.

When I went back the elves wanted me to kill another one.

Fuuuuuck Elves.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

zourath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 07:01:43 pm »

BLOCK OUT THE SUN.

WE MUST DO IT.

I think that people already do this to avoid the consequences of cave adaptation.

Nope. The evil star is more tenacious than Forgotten Beast blood. Once light hits a tile that square will forever be contaminated, even if you build all around and above it.

Also, I must know if lorddio's first language isn't English. Age is not an excuse for misspellings that atrocious, but English as a second or third language might be. Although to be fair I do want to mod in wrestriling.

mathlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 10:01:40 pm »

LONG VERSION:

I started as a Human whos name was Dio AncientWrath The World of Pain with 2 points for Shield User, 2 Armor User, 1 Swimmer and the rest for Swordman. After getting used to the ASCII i talked to the warlord and received a quest to kill a beast but before that i practice my wrestriling with horses and buzards so i can get stronger and being able to dissarm enemies (horses were really good for lvling the armor and shield skills but i didnt want to waste to munch time so i just trained a bit and went for the beast.

The next quest was for a  guy called "Nibelly The Flame" and the quest map marked a town in the north of the same region and nation and was kinda weird that was marked in the town itself but maybe the monster was JUST right there at the moment. I went to the place and didnt find anything not even and anouncement like the other mobs and i spend like 6 hours lookuing for that fat bastard and i even talked to the arlord to do another quest but he requested the same mob to kill IN HIS OWN TOWN (at this point i want sure if was a human hated by his own people) but then i finally found this Nibelly THe Hot Flame when a message of "Law-in Elit Wrestler strangles Horse" is  show and then i proceded to save the game and use the "l" to see what was the thing "pine Green Brute" of some kind with a poison breath and coulnt atack him until i used the "A" and confirmed and i get the message:

---------------------
I fixed it now (i guess)

ABRIDGED VERSION
I'm new to dwarf fortress.

My first mission was to kill a dragon.
I strangled him to death.

My second mission was to kill the demon lawgiver of the city.
dick move warlord, dick move.
I savescummed.

I took a quest from the Elves. They want me to kill a Bronze Collossus.
I took two warriors with me.

The bronze collossus was tough.
I burned down the forest (In front of both of the elves [lol]) so that with the bronze collossus's increased heat, the cold rain would cause his limbs to rapidly contract after thermal expansion, weakening him.

It did not work and he killed the elves.

We fought for forever and I couldn't land any killing blows. We fell into a quickly melting lake and I swam out and slept by the shore. When I awoke I recieved a message indicating that the collossus had been killed by a freezing pond.

When I went back the elves wanted me to kill another one.

Fuuuuuck Elves.

1.Kill the elfs
2.???????
3.Profit!

truckman1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 12:01:33 am »

BLOCK OUT THE SUN.

WE MUST DO IT.

Nope. The evil star is more tenacious than Forgotten Beast blood. Once light hits a tile that square will forever be contaminated, even if you build all around and above it.

Well since it would be useless in addition to impractical and dangerous and time consuming, now we have to do it!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's the point, it wouldn't be as fun to crush their souls if they didn't have souls to begin with.

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 06:36:08 am »

Dr. Melon cancels read post: spelling incredibly poor.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4