Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Dwarves Need This Tool  (Read 4524 times)

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
Dwarves Need This Tool
« on: May 22, 2010, 07:38:57 pm »

http://pogpog.com/v/chinese-multifunction-shovel-puts-your-swiss-army-knife-to-shame/

Seriously. Channeling, mining, chopping, and then as a shield and bottle opener?
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves Need This Tool
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 07:52:05 pm »

Holy crap, a bladed saw shovel with wire cutters and a hammer built into the adjustable joint of the head. I have to wonder how fast that thing dulls, though.

Also the dwarven version would have a welder in it. Yes, that would mean the handle would be a fuel tank, what of it?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 07:53:33 pm »

Fuel tank? You can just use dwarf blood, it's quite flammable.

neverknown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 07:53:55 pm »

I just love the show off of the anchor function at 3:20 :D :D

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 08:47:17 pm »

proof that china is a riseing power there trying to take swiss's job.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

clc02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 08:55:18 pm »

They sure are stretching it for shield...
Only in dwarven culture is alcohol poisoning a death worthed investigating, while being impaled through several toes, a eye, and a thumb from a spiraling water[3] is not.  Because everyone knows, the only way a dwarf could get alcohol poisoning is if someone put poison into the alcohol.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 09:21:22 pm »

There's nothing really new about this?   The US and other nations have had similar ridiculous entrenching tools for decades.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 09:29:20 pm »

There's nothing really new about this?   The US and other nations have had similar ridiculous entrenching tools for decades.
Yes but I don't recall any ridiculously elaborate propaganda videos from the US for the entrenching tool claiming it's a shield of all things.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 09:42:04 pm »

"Oar" lol
As they charge with them they are trained to yell "And now I shall kill you with my pick-oar-shovel-shield-saw!"
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 09:44:53 pm by alway »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 09:48:20 pm »

"Oar" lol
As they charge with them they are trained to yell "And now I shall kill you with my everyweapon!"

Fixed.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

troodon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 10:05:48 pm »

I assumed that dwarves already each had something similar, for all those tasks that they can do without tools.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2010, 10:11:12 pm »

I assumed that dwarves already each had something similar, for all those tasks that they can do without tools.

It's known as 'the beard.'

BradB

• Bay Watcher
  • I hate this site, it keeps me from playing!
    • View Profile
    • An awesome gaming news ticker, woweee!
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2010, 10:18:40 pm »

It's known as 'the beard.'

(argh ninja'd.)

And full beards are something the Chinese do not have!  :P

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2010, 11:06:15 pm »

Yes but I don't recall any ridiculously elaborate propaganda videos from the US for the entrenching tool claiming it's a shield of all things.

Hey, man, if you were being attacked, you'd want a shield like that over nothing.

Unless, of course, you're Tony Jaa.
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2010, 11:18:57 pm »

I bet this shovel could win wars itself. It effectively removes the need for several other tools.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5