Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Flak Cannon!

<< < (7/7)

Flaede:

--- Quote from: Vattic on May 23, 2010, 03:47:36 pm ---One way to get a deer onto a bridge in pieces would be to drop them onto the bridge, down a shaft, from a long way up. The deer should explode on impact leaving the bridge nicely covered.
--- End quote ---

You can automate this. Just chain up the female (and a male, somewhere) deer at the top of a tower with a pressure-plate-triggerred dropping system. now every time a deerchild is born, it wanders away from its mother, triggers the drop. falls onto your "launching pad" and is pre-gibletized for your flak-tosser. This was originally used to set up an automated butcher system (since wild dead animals are automatically butchered if they died exploded in a corpse stockpile)

By the way, this is NOT my system. I wish I was the one who came up with it.

Voligne:
Know what you can do? Build a large wall using colored stones to create a dart board, then use the bridge to fling goblins (darts) onto the wall. Dwarven Darts for Dwarven Drunks!

Vattic:

--- Quote from: Flaede on May 23, 2010, 04:25:24 pm ---You can automate this. Just chain up the female (and a male, somewhere) deer at the top of a tower with a pressure-plate-triggerred dropping system. now every time a deerchild is born, it wanders away from its mother, triggers the drop.
--- End quote ---
Indeed, I made one of these once, I designed my own myself and later read that it had already been done. I used to it keep hunting stocks up and avoid the depopulation problem. I didn't drop animals to their death.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version