Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Flak Cannon!

<< < (2/7) > >>

Urist Imiknorris:
BEHOLD THE non-POWER OF THE BRIDGEAPULT!

--- Code: ---* means wall
+ means floor

zx+3

***#***

#=Floor Grate holding sacrifices

zx+2

***+***
***+***
***X***
***^***

X=floodgate
^=weapon trap

zx+1

** ╬ **

╬=retracting bridge

zx

**^*^**
**%*%**
<%   %>
<%   %>
**%*%**
**V*V**

^ %
<% %> % V = screw pumps (don't want water in our gore)

z0

++g++++
++++g++
g+ggg+g
+gg*g++
++ggggg
+gg+g++
+++++++

Goblin scum...
--- End code ---

AKA The Urist brand Flak Cannon.

Washcloth:
I found that this was'nt possible when i was thought a rock had landed and killed my last male dog while making a stone transport contraption
Some one who knew better said i was lieing(which, i was unknowingly due to being a ponce), but the dog did die, i just think it may have been flung of the bridge or killed by some other unforseen force.
you can imagine how mortifide i was when i was almost instantly called out  :-\

Also i belive theres a wiki on the magma canon, if you're interested in making artillery!

Long story short
Wont work, sorry mate.

Eric Blank:

--- Quote from: smigenboger on May 22, 2010, 09:37:42 pm ---Oh wow, I didn't mean bridge-a-paulting the flak, but that idea alone is amazing! I mean't dropping the meaty bits down a z level, so the goblin 'was struck down by a flying object'

--- End quote ---

unfortunately they won't be struck down by flying objects unless the object is a projectile, which only happens when it is launched from a seige weapon or handheld weapon as ammo, but you CAN drop constructed floors on them. Build multiple levels, and have them drop one at a time from bottom to top until the enemy is thoroughly smitten.

smigenboger:
I vaguely recall a few dwarves who died while mining, some were killed by the collapse, and I'm fairly sure a couple died from 'colliding in midair with an object'

Am I just imagining this then?

Psieye:
"colliding with an object" means they crashed into a wall.

Anyway, flak cannon idea is awesome! Ok sure, it won't actually do damage, but that's a minor detail! If you were looking to make deer bits do damage, you'd have to mod some sort of custom crossbow or ballista which fired deer bone and such as ammo. I'm not sure whether you can specify it has to exactly be deer bone or even if you can specify body parts as ammo in the first place.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version