Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Another Tribes game - Year 1  (Read 5320 times)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: Another Tribes game - Pre-world
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 10:25:40 am »

i think i'll join, save me a place for when i finish reading the first post. this  might give me some ideas for my own tribal game

edit:hm...i'm a little confused about goals and actions and stuff. can somebody exemplify how this game plays?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 10:37:36 am by Askot Bokbondeler »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 10:53:30 am »

can somebody exemplify how this game plays?
Sure thing!

>Chop down wood
>Farm cleared land (food crops)
>Build Wigwams. (Wooden houses with half of the house below ground to conserve heat.)

Drawing
     /     \
---║hut ║---
    ╚═══╝
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 04:08:34 pm by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2010, 10:55:22 am »

The Aziniates!

An offshoot of humans that is completely hairless, and has thick, callous like skin for natural armor. They live in a marshland on the southeast side of the lake, obtaining food through spear fishing, netting, and foraging of the grasslands. They travel in canoes carved out of a whole tree through the marshes. In war, they use hit and run tactics with sling and javelin, and will use small fleets of bow using canoe men as gunships. They live in a patriarchal, communistic, very primitive society, and worship pagan gods of the elements of nature. The Head Priest is appointed every time the last one dies, and is said to be able to see stars before they are born. The Head Priest appoints Holy Warriors to manage a district of the city and surrounding countryside, and the Warriors appoint Sentinels to act as judges and patrolling soldiers within the district.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 11:07:48 am by sonerohi »
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2010, 11:38:28 am »

ok, i think i get it

The sea men are a tribe that live entirely on wood rafts. They sail the southern sea and ocasionally up the river, but rarelly venture north in to the cold lands. They survive mainly on fish and rain water, only coming to land ocasionally to gather wood and vegetables, or to hunt a beast. Sea men trade fish and salt with land tribes, for fired clay bowls and vases to store water.
 Meat is highly valued and is mainly a ritual food, for the sea men, they eat their dead and craft their bones into utilitarian tools and weapons, but these are treated with respect, can only be used by relatives of the dead, and are never tossed out even when broken. Some sea men are often left on the island for weeks or months to build new rafts. They're excellent swimmers, they're very tan with dark hair, they often wear shell and ceramic decorations hanging on their hairs. They usually don't wear clothes but have some fur cloaks for colder days.

a raft swarm
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
 ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
 ≈≈≈ = ≈≈ ≈≈≈≈
= ≈≈ ≈≈ = ≈≈
≈≈ = ≈≈ ≈≈≈≈
 ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2010, 11:39:46 am »

Tribe: The Neptoliran
Gods: Poisarius the Sleeper, Amar, Lakos, Cendra and Falos
Environment: Mainly on rivers and ocean.
Theme: Fishermen & Engineers
Description: The Neptoliran pride intelligence and innovation, and this is reflected in their deities. The live mainly off fish, with agriculture being their secondary food source and hunting and gathering to suppliment everything else. They prefer peace, but don't fear war for invention comes from necessity, and war provides a great need. Great monuments, temples, buildings, walls, and other great works are the mark of this tribe.

EDIT: Haha, ninja'ed by another seafaring civilization. And I thought I would be the only one on the ocean...
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2010, 12:07:06 pm »

rng, i think your tribe may be a little to advanced for this setting

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2010, 12:10:46 pm »

Yeah, I believe we start off as a huge group of people standing around in our environment of choice.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2010, 03:54:55 pm »

1.Men go out to hunt, domesticate if possible
2.Women and children prepare the soil for farming
3.Edible plants are gathered and prepared for planting
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2010, 04:02:09 pm »

rng, i think your tribe may be a little to advanced for this setting

Okay then, remove the engineering part. I can develop that later I guess... but keep basic masonry like mud bricks. That isn't too early, is it?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2010, 04:09:20 pm »

Yeah, massive temples may need to wait until you build shelters.  :P

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Argoroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2010, 04:22:15 pm »

Welcome to The Aziniates, The Sea Men, and The Neptoliran, lead by sonerohi, Askot Bokbondeler, and RandomNumberGenerator respectively. To RNG, it is true that the massive temples is indeed a little advanced for now, at least you have a distant goal to reach for. And Askot, Your people will not be living ON the sea for the moment, you have to develop that technology, then you can become full time Sea Men.
This is a dwarf beard HEPA filter. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of aluminum and menaces with spikes of cave lobster shell. On the item is an image of a dwarf in carp leather. The dwarf is coughing.

Those who educate children well are more to be honored than parents, for these only gave life, those the art of living well. - Aristotle

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2010, 04:29:28 pm »

okay, then we live in the coast near a great forest that will provide the wood for our future exploits. we are nomad hunter gatherers

Argoroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2010, 04:43:56 pm »

Gotcha! and the goals of you three? I will be away for a little bit, but will be back tonight(I am running on PDT currently, and live at night)!
This is a dwarf beard HEPA filter. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of aluminum and menaces with spikes of cave lobster shell. On the item is an image of a dwarf in carp leather. The dwarf is coughing.

Those who educate children well are more to be honored than parents, for these only gave life, those the art of living well. - Aristotle

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2010, 04:57:44 pm »

Goals, like what the tribe is doing?

1) Fish off coast, create farms.
2) Make houses out of mud bricks.
3) Develop bow & arrow and fishing boats(Is this legit?).
4) Create brick wall around brick houses.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 05:40:36 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2010, 05:07:45 pm »

Is there a spot still open? If so, I'm in.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5