Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Another Tribes game - Year 1  (Read 5322 times)

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
Re: Another Tribes game - Pre-world
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2010, 05:15:09 pm »

I'm in.

EDIT:

Is there a spot still open? If so, I'm in.

...Damn it.

How about we roll dice for it?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 05:16:41 pm by Spartan 117 »
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2010, 05:17:20 pm »

Spartan can take the last spot. I'll just watch and enjoy.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2010, 05:19:51 pm »

You sure?
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2010, 05:21:17 pm »

Yep, it's all yours. I played one of the early tribes games and ran the one that this one is based off of, so I've had my fair share of tribe games.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2010, 05:21:41 pm »

Tribe: The Argath
Gods: Aquas (Female God of Women, Fishing, and Death), Teros (Male god of Men, Stone, and Crafting)
Environment: They reside on a strip of land, ocean to their north, mountains to the south.
Theme: A yin/yang of women working the waters and men working the stone.
Description: The tribe of the Argath prospered at first wholly from the sea, but as time wore on the men found the mountains to be intriguing, and started to explore them. Of course, there were dangers, but they found very interesting stones, and started using them for basic tools, and found them to be far superior to the few wooden implements they had used before. The sparseness of trees also contributed to this.

The first turn's goals for the Argath are:

1) To gather fish for food, the primary source of for for the Argath.
2) To develop better fishing techniques (I don't know exactly what tech I start off with. Does my tribe have nets? Fishing lines? Just chunking spears at them?)
3) To develop a way of transporting the stones, such as wagons or beasts of burden
4) To develop superior stoneshaping techniques.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 05:26:29 pm by Paranatural »
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2010, 05:35:38 pm »

goals

-develop canibalism and bonecrafting, canibalism is reserved for funerary ceremonies.
-people fish on the sea with bone or wood harpoons and learn to swim early
-create the first rafts from driftwood
-develop stone axes to cut trees
-develop constuction of rafts

how many goals should we have? per year?

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2010, 05:40:52 pm »

I'll be the Spartites, we live in the grassland between the jungle and the desert.

Goals:

Develop hunting.
Develop stoneworking.
Develop woodcutting.
Develop woodcrafting.

Argoroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2010, 05:53:58 pm »

Good, good, Welcome Spartan 117, leader of the Spartites. Do you want me to add you to the waiting list Maldevious? And thank you for posting Paranatural, I can now finish the map.
This is a dwarf beard HEPA filter. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of aluminum and menaces with spikes of cave lobster shell. On the item is an image of a dwarf in carp leather. The dwarf is coughing.

Those who educate children well are more to be honored than parents, for these only gave life, those the art of living well. - Aristotle

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2010, 05:56:44 pm »

I'll just keep an eye on it for now, but may ask to be put on later.

Argoroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2010, 05:59:43 pm »

3) Develop bow & arrow and fishing boats(Is this legit?).
You might want to start with attempting to harvest wood.
This is a dwarf beard HEPA filter. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of aluminum and menaces with spikes of cave lobster shell. On the item is an image of a dwarf in carp leather. The dwarf is coughing.

Those who educate children well are more to be honored than parents, for these only gave life, those the art of living well. - Aristotle

Argoroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2010, 06:03:31 pm »

how many goals should we have? per year?
You can have no more than 4 goals per year, but less goals means you get a bonus to your rolls.
(I don't know exactly what tech I start off with. Does my tribe have nets? Fishing lines? Just chunking spears at them?
Basicly you are throwing spears at them, and praying, at this point.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 06:06:15 pm by Argoroth »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2010, 06:16:38 pm »

Guys just look at the other thread for an idea of how it works, for most stuff you will need prerequisites and for other stuff you will need to develop them.So if you want fishing nets, see what you have and think of a way to make them out of what is availible to the tribe
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2010, 06:25:24 pm »

sea men
-people try to fish on the sea with bone or wood harpoons
-then, if sucessfull, people try to fish underwater, and learn to swim

those are my goals for this year
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 06:33:36 pm by Askot Bokbondeler »

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2010, 06:31:02 pm »

One way to make this easier on Argoroth - put your tribe name somewhere in your post on your goals.

Argoroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2010, 07:06:29 pm »

One way to make this easier on Argoroth - put your tribe name somewhere in your post on your goals.
Good point, I have a database set up with all of the tribes listed, so I can easily keep track of who's who, but it would be helpful if I had the tribe name with the goals.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5