Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll:Save System or the ability to add new Z.levels?

Save System
Z-levels

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 51

Author Topic: Dwarfed - OP is now updated  (Read 49850 times)

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarfed
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2010, 09:34:03 am »

I think it's because Data didn't release Open Cowed..

Gee, thanks guys! Instead of creating icons for Cowed and helping with suggestions, you decide to create your own version. Thanks for proving you're such a reputable community like SA after all!

I've been tinkering with this idea for about a year.

Btw this isn't a version of Cowed. this is an entirely new project.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2010, 09:35:17 am »

Actually, Ignore my last post.
It's just the world's creepy as hell.

Subterranean grass.. Confuses me.

Vahan

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2010, 09:35:57 am »

Gee, thanks guys! Instead of creating icons for Cowed and helping with suggestions, you decide to create your own version. Thanks for proving you're such a reputable community like SA after all!

I can't really say I blame them, Data. The admins are steadily getting worse and worse, there's no real sign of development and you don't seem at all interested in Cowed.

So, instead, they make purely their own game, using their own code. What's wrong with that?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2010, 09:39:08 am »

Your the guy that boxed me in in the first place.....   >:(
I am sincerely sorry about that, I had no Idea that walls where just as indestructible here as in DF nor did I know that just closing out the game and reopening it did not reset where you appear at.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2010, 09:42:31 am »

Fixed the Zlevel bug.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2010, 09:45:02 am »

A Zlevel bug?... Didint notice any thing

NINJA WARRIOR: On an un-related note, i decided to try out Cowed as every one is making such a who-rah about this aparently being a rip off, and well... I got slammed in the face by the biggist one off download for beyond ive ever seen. Not quite shure exact size but hell, it shure swung we off it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 09:48:13 am by nuker w »

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2010, 09:51:01 am »

When you built an up stairs on the top level you would end up in rocks so now you can not build an upstairs on the top level. Alas no more sky dirt for us.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2010, 09:59:44 am »

Help me!

i need to expand the materials list

all you need to do is

1. get the hex colour for the material eg #FFD700(gold)

2. pm me it with an attached name eg

gold = #FFD700

Thanks.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2010, 10:19:29 am »

ITT: data does the usual and rages at his lack of power.
Also, I think it'd be best if people called this Dwarfed rather than "COWED + SS13" because well, it's not.
annnd it looks damn hot. I'll be on when I can.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2010, 10:33:54 am »

Well, I'm very interested in being apart of an open-source Dwarfed. Hopefully things don't get too clustered in the code that it's not even workable anymore!
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2010, 10:34:48 am »

Soo, yeah.

Normal [Gray] Stone made into a wall is this. Just a little less shiny. BUT. Smash two normal stone blocks together [Or something. I 'unno. Mason?] and you make Cobblestone! And yeah. Crazy Paving and a less "Bricked" wall. :D

Random idea's away!

Basically..

Cave and Cobblestone looks like this.

Brick walls look like this.

But preferably less shiny.

Data

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi! Welcome to my post. My Message ->
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2010, 10:34:54 am »

Consider that the final nail in the coffin for Bay12. I'm not giving you preferential treatment any longer, and QuinnR better watch his step.

I find it insulting that shortly after deciding that open-sourcing the game may be a bad idea that you guys come forward with this. You claim to have been working on the concept for a year, but this doesn't outweigh the fact that you only came forward with the idea after I showed no response to open-source.

And when I call you guys out on it, the first thing you do is insult me. Way to go; there go your prospects of me ever considering to give you a private server.

This community has done nothing to contribute to the game and everything to hinder its progress. You were supposed to be able to offer me a few pixel artists that could produce some new artwork for the game; instead I get threatened and insulted.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2010, 10:36:54 am »

Consider that the final nail in the coffin for Bay12. I'm not giving you preferential treatment any longer, and QuinnR better watch his step.

I find it insulting that shortly after deciding that open-sourcing the game may be a bad idea that you guys come forward with this. You claim to have been working on the concept for a year, but this doesn't outweigh the fact that you only came forward with the idea after I showed no response to open-source.

And when I call you guys out on it, the first thing you do is insult me. Way to go; there go your prospects of me ever considering to give you a private server.

This community has done nothing to contribute to the game and everything to hinder its progress. You were supposed to be able to offer me a few pixel artists that could produce some new artwork for the game; instead I get threatened and insulted.

Stay classy, Data.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Data

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi! Welcome to my post. My Message ->
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2010, 10:37:02 am »

And please do tell me where in your mind it's OK to develop artwork for this "Dwarfed" thing, yet it isn't OK to help me out with Cowed with similar artwork? This is exactly the kind of crap SA has pulled; creating their own version with total disregard for anyone else.

As for my feeling threatened, I have to be since this community with hundreds of people is larger than the Cowed community. You have access to more resources and manpower, and like SA you only spend it on the betterment of yourselves and not others.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2010, 10:38:30 am »

And please do tell me where in your mind it's OK to develop artwork for this "Dwarfed" thing, yet it isn't OK to help me out with Cowed with similar artwork? This is exactly the kind of crap SA has pulled; creating their own version with total disregard for anyone else.

As for my feeling threatened, I have to be since this community with hundreds of people is larger than the Cowed community. You have access to more resources and manpower, and like SA you only spend it on the betterment of yourselves and not others.

"Oh man you guys are doing something for yourself instead of devoting your time to help others, bawwwwww"
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 51