Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The Plump Helmet Man Question  (Read 15559 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: The Plump Helmet Man Question
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2010, 07:33:22 pm »

Custom workshop called "compost heap".

Tinker Thinker

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRESSES_BUTTONS:RED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2010, 08:06:26 pm »

Well, to be clear, fungi are absurdly omnivorous (Fungus Co. - If it's organic, we'll eat it). What tag setup would be best to get them to eat everything?
Does anyone else find my avatar looks crooked?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2010, 08:07:45 pm »

Well, to be clear, fungi are absurdly omnivorous (Fungus Co. - If it's organic, we'll eat it). What tag setup would be best to get them to eat everything?

Don't add a tag to define what they eat.

Boingboingsplat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2010, 05:38:45 am »

Wait, if you make an edible playable race, doesn't that mean they'd go eat their friend's corpses once they die?

Tinker Thinker

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRESSES_BUTTONS:RED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2010, 02:19:44 pm »

I don't really intend to make mine edible. I don't think anyone would really want to eat a mobile mass of mold, a highly venomous plant with lots of sharp bits, or something harder than wood.

That said, you do have that particular issue with any edible race. I'm not sure the corpse can overpower edibility with grave requirements.

Hmm. I wonder if there's a special negative thought for the corpse of your comrade being consumed! (probably: not)
Does anyone else find my avatar looks crooked?

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2010, 04:54:05 pm »

this thread is full of win.

somehow between the dwarves nomming delicious sentient mushroom people and the idea of hostile fungus invaders, i got to thinking of a horde of princess peaches little toatstool men trying to mob mario with spears, and him going nuts with a meat cleaver and eating them all afterwards.

df gamewise, mushroom men sieges would make disposing of all the mess and bodies after a siege really easy. also, while i dont know about thallids, dungeons and dragons has allways had its myconids in the underdark, and in the current edition they have casts that throw thorns, act as fighters, scouts, loremasters, leaders, and scary psychic magic wielders.

also, the idea of the plump helmet men corrupting other creatures and turning them into more plump helmet men is awesome. i can imagine them planting themselves on a corpse and over time turning the remains into another of its kind... and spores that nest in the lungs and slowly cause your dwarves to mutate into yet another member of the fungus collective, with all sorts of behavioural craziness inbetween. too bad we cant mod that yet.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2010, 04:56:36 pm »

Wait, if you make an edible playable race, doesn't that mean they'd go eat their friend's corpses once they die?

Gingerbreadman civ?

Don't add a tag to define what they eat.

I thought you needed [BONECARN] to eat bones?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2010, 06:12:26 pm »

i got to thinking of a horde of princess peaches little toatstool men trying to mob mario with spears, and him going nuts with a meat cleaver and eating them all afterwards.

Did you see the Super Mario Brothers film too?

Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Ǵ̨̕o͘d͝d̡͢e̡̕s̷͟s̵͢ ͝of̴ ͡G͘͠a̧mi̶n̛͝g̨
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2010, 11:06:30 pm »

Seriously, though... Can someone make PHM a domestic creature that dwarves can keep as pets? They should have wine for milk. Plump Helmet wine. Their bodies have no bones and are entirely edible. They also breed like cats.

It would only be cooler if you could actually tend a plump helmet plant for long enough to where it "fully matures" into a plump helmet man. This also insinuates that dwarves love eating fetal children of fungus-based races.
If I had a dollar for every dwarf whose feelings I didn't care about, I'd have seven dollars, with more coming in the fall.

Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

MULTI-THREADING - I'm talking about it!

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2010, 05:24:44 pm »

I added the pet tag, and tamed one. Then I was able to use it as a noble. Didn't work though, just got kicked off as soon as I exited.

ELABORATE
I wish to know if I can make any intelligent pets into nobles as well.
what does "got kicked off as soon as I exited" mean?

To elaborate, when I chose to replace any noble I'd see in the list "Plump Helmet Man (Tame)". I could make them a noble, but as soon as I exited the nobles screen, they were no longer a noble.

madrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2010, 04:17:58 am »

Modding in PHM pets is a great idea.  Think I'd want mine to act more like dogs, so I could train them into WarPHM or huntingPHM.  But I dunno, them adopting dwarves instead of vice versa is so cute...

Yelloq

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAVE_ADAPT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2010, 10:19:42 pm »

And then when the PHM dies, it's adopted owner consumes it's corpse. SO ADORABLE NOMNOMNOM.
as complicated as dressing up in a clown suit and abducting every male child in the fort, cutting off their penises, peeling the foreskins off and wearing them like finger puppets and secluding oneself in a workshop where one just sits there making little plays with the finger puppets.
i am now completely worried

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2010, 10:44:49 pm »

The thallids in magic the gathering in general had the ability where every upkeep you put a spore counter on them and you could remove 3 spore counters to make a saproling token along with an ability that had you sacrifice a saproling to do something. A few of them had ability's that affected all your thallids such as making it so you only need to remove 2 counters. Best used with doubling season.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2010, 05:48:01 pm »

Hmm. I wonder if there's a special negative thought for the corpse of your comrade being consumed! (probably: not)

Is a special burial technique.  Totally gotta grok each other, man.  ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]