Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clothes? Weapons? WTF?!  (Read 35138 times)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Clothes? Weapons? WTF?!
« on: May 25, 2010, 03:22:38 pm »

I don't get this, how do I make clothes, how do I get weapons other than my bow and arrow, HOW DO I FIRE THAT THING?!

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clothes? Weapons? WTF?!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 11:51:04 am »

Nothing there answered my question, how do I fire a bow? How do I make clothes? How do I make implemants "sharp enough" to skin and butcher stuff?

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 07:20:13 pm »

A wise man lived as a hermit in a valley known for its curative herbs.  One day a young apothecary came to this valley to learn of the herbs and their associated uses.   The young apothecary began:  "And is there an herb to cure fever of the head?" and the wise man nodded, and knelt and picked a sample for him.  "This herb can cure that disease."  The apothecary, emboldened, continued:  "And is there an herb that can settle the humors and improve one's digestion?"  Again the old man retrieved a sample for him, and intoned "This herb can cure that disease."  His mind reeling at these marvels, the apothecary ventured the most unlikely thing, "And is there an herb that can allow one to make clothes and butcher the beasts?" and the old man shook his head, and quielt said:  "No, these herbs have not been implemented, and the valley is no longer in development."   And the young apothecary was enlightened.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 11:51:26 am »

So, firing a bow?

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 07:57:40 pm »

Capntastic wow! Did you create it your self? It's very good way to explain things.  :D

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 03:57:00 pm »

Capntastic wow! Did you create it your self? It's very good way to explain things.  :D

He still didn't explain the bow... There should be a full up-to-date tutorial somewhere...

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 04:13:22 pm »

Actually, everything has already been explained, Supercharazad.   And there is a manual, 'somewhere', but up-to-date is tenuous at best considering the game has been entirely abandoned for years.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 01:13:59 pm »

Actually, everything has already been explained, Supercharazad.   And there is a manual, 'somewhere', but up-to-date is tenuous at best considering the game has been entirely abandoned for years.

I havn't been able to ind the answer to the firing a bow question yet, apparantly is can be done, but no one has said how.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 03:20:32 am »

up-to-date is tenuous at best considering the game has been entirely abandoned for years.
Shouldn't the fact that the game is no longer changing actually help in creating an "up to date" manual?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 10:38:08 am »

I havn't been able to ind the answer to the firing a bow question yet, apparantly is can be done, but no one has said how.

I got it!

Go to the screen where it shows your weapons and says things like "way of [whatever]" then go to the top, one of the icons is "fire a weapon"

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 06:13:57 am »

That was good caaptanipwhatshisname.

but seriously. poress f to fier a projectile at some place that jou have to choose. also you can steal weaponsform other civs or you can get tem from dead gobos.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2010, 11:53:03 am »

but seriously. poress f to fier a projectile at some place that jou have to choose. also you can steal weaponsform other civs or you can get tem from dead gobos.
I'm not sure if you know this is Slaves To Armok 1, not DF...

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2010, 09:20:51 am »

I'm not sure if you know this is Slaves To Armok 1, not DF...

The most your ever find are random animal people and plants.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"