Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HMM help!! bassist wanted XD  (Read 866 times)

Wideman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
HMM help!! bassist wanted XD
« on: May 26, 2010, 04:54:36 pm »

ok  ok ok lets get started basically i need help for may music GCSE soursework which i have just been kindly reminded by my bloody mother (GOD WAT WAY TO RAIN ON MY PARADE) that its in by tomorrow (well actually last week) but im stuck..... i cant finish it :( i cant atall think of a bit to end it off
 so  heres the tab

tuning is EADG
 to be honest i rly cant be botherd to put up start so ill do middle and end XD
---11(X3)-7(X2)-xx-9(X7)---- THEN REPEAT BEFORE 2 times again an then it ends with --------11(X3)--7(X2)--xx--9(X2)----9(X4)-----11(X3)---7(X2)-------------9(X3)-11(X3)7(X4)
----9(X3)-5(x2)-xx-7(x7)                                                                                                  --------9(X3)--5(X2)--xx---7(X2)-----7(X4)----9(X3)-----5(X2)---7(X3)---7(X3)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------5(X3)----------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glosary
#(X#)  fret number (played #) times
x muted
hmmmm you should be very afraid.... The computers around the world have eyes and ears and theyre plotting against the human race in theyre binary chants

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: HMM help!! bassist wanted XD
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 07:02:21 pm »

That tab is really hard to read.
Put it in code or tt tags, like this:
Code: [Select]
||o--------------------------------o|| x2
||---------11111111-----------------||
||-33333333--------1111111133333333-||
||o--------------------------------o||
or this:

||o--------------------------------o|| x2
||---------11111111-----------------||
||-33333333--------1111111133333333-||
||o--------------------------------o||

Wideman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 10:03:42 am »

oh ok sorry lol
umm ill do it a txt nd try to upload or soming

EDIT....
damn my i cant upload txt soo
get ready for it
Middle
||-11-11-11--7-7--xx--9-9-9-9-9-9-9-||X3
||-9--9--9---5-5--xx--7-7-7-7-7-7-7-||
||----------------------------------||
||----------------------------------||
THEY ARE ALL PLAYED so its 11g and 9a and so on

Sort of end but stuck
||-11-11-11--7-7--xx--9-9-----9-9-9-9--11-11-11--7-7---------9-9-9--11-11-11--7-7-7-7---------7--77||
||-9--9--9---5-5--xx--7-7-----7-7-7-7--9--9--9---5-5--7-7-7--7-7-7-------------------x--7-7-7------||
||----------------------------------------------------5-5-5----------------------------------------||
||-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------||
SAME AS ABOVE 11g and 9a are played together and so on.... like guitar chord thing if you get me
soo way i play it is first finger on 9a and little finger on 11g
if you want start  just ask .... or if u want a vid thing just ask and ill do :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 10:21:14 am by Wideman »
hmmmm you should be very afraid.... The computers around the world have eyes and ears and theyre plotting against the human race in theyre binary chants

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 01:58:04 pm »

I'd recommend a 9, 7 powerchord at the end instead of 77.
The 77 doesn't really fit in with the rest of the song and that's why it sounds weird.
Also try two muted notes at the end.
||-11-11-11--7-7--xx--9-9-----9-9-9-9--11-11-11--7-7---------9-9-9--11-11-11--7-7---------7--9-||
||-9--9--9---5-5--xx--7-7-----7-7-7-7--9--9--9---5-5--7-7-7--7-7-7---------------xx-7-7-7----7-||
||----------------------------------------------------5-5-5------------------------------------||
||---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------||

Wideman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 02:02:21 pm »

hmm ill try it now in a min once ive finished my phys revision :( ive got an exam in it tomorrow :( i just know im not going to do good in it :/

Wideman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 02:08:15 pm »

hmm well i thought being side tracked for  a couple of mins is ok so i tried out the ending adn it sounds great thanks very much XD now i just got to to play the whole song while recording it then take it in tomoroow i guess but that can wait till later ....
i guess back to my physics revision :( god i hat GCSE's

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 02:09:58 pm »

No problem, glad I could help.

Wideman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 02:21:33 pm »

so what imstrument(s) do you play??

also i might need help again laterz
lol

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 02:25:33 pm »

I play guitar, bass, and sanshin (like a shamisen, but smaller and from Okinawa).
Unfortunately, I don't have my bass right now.
I just use Power Tab or tune my guitar lower.

Wideman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 02:52:40 pm »

hmm fair enough... you seem pretty talented ...
at my hous i only have 3 basses :/ my first one a 4 string electric (weighs a tone (the way i like em)) an 5 string elctro accustic and the one i use for gigging my best one ever an NJ Deluxe Warlock Bass 5-string model its a beauty and i love it to bits XD http://www.bcrich.com/bass_nj_dlx_warlock.asp#

Wideman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 10:42:07 am »

hmmm what do you think could be improved on this one its my fav one and the my music teacher said i have till 7/06/10  to do it by ..... ill just do a vid cuz i cant be bothered to tabb it give me an 1hr

Wideman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 11:14:42 am »

ok here it is
View My Video   no img lol just sound my camera wasnt set corectly :/

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 04:45:43 pm »

Sounds good.
Only problem I picked up on is that you seem to increase the tempo a lot.
Which is usually only good when done on purpose, and even then, doesn't always sound great.

Wideman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 06:13:01 pm »

hmmm thats what my music teacher told me to put tho as that shows the the WJEC (Welsh somthing Education Commite) that im not a bass "stiff" as she put it .... so she said speed up slow down change key and dont stay in the same area .... on fret board obviously